IGNORED

will gays go to hell if they do not repent?

NathWChristian

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  285
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, JustPassingThru said:

Beloved, I understand you dilemma, I have two daughters that are currently lost and all the signs say the Rapture is imminent.

If I understand you correctly, are you saying he were raised in a Christian home? If this is correct them may I humbly present a question that you might ask him, ...in love, ask him,  ...if he finds anything better than what you have, a relationship with the Living God, then ask Him to please come back and tell you,

...statistics show the gay lifestyle has the highest numbers of depressed people, very high percentage of murders and suicides, ...and we know he can't find anything better than what we have. 

Since you have a mother's love for your son, then pray for him to not have any rest or peace until, as the prodigal, he returns to the Lord.

Lord Bless

She. It's such a long, long story...I see things though that do give me hope. Thank you for your thoughtful words, to all on here as well. I know in everyone's hearts who are posting, they are giving with what they have and know, and I appreciate that :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

9 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

It's more than a different sin, God says it's an abomination...

I get that. However, there is only one unpardonable sin, and that ain't it.

My point is that, within the context of the question, it's sin, like all the sins non-homosexuals commit. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.33
  • Days Won:  0

Extremely controversial issue. That is to say that if you ask five Christian scholars (not laypeople regurgitating stuff they read on the Internet)  that question you are going to get many different views!

So how to approach the question?

Parse it.

Will the gays or anyone living in sin go to hell?

There are four views of hell:

- Eternal conscious torment

- Universal Salvation

- Anihilationism 

- purgation

Also we can look at how someone is saved:

- trust in the person of Jesus, that he is God and specifically that his sacrifice on the cross is available to forgive our sin now and in the future conditioned on our confession. 

- we are saved by grace as above but maintain our salvation by works

- we obtain our salvation through a combination of church membership, confession, baptism, Eucharist, even marriage 

- we are saved by works and maintain our salvation by good works alone. 

Finally the topic of sanctification of which their are 5 or so views which I won't elaborate at this time.

Point is when someone responds "Well reading the Bible in a language it wasn't written in, without reference to exegesis of passages, as if it was written to my culture (which it wasn't), and given that I delete the topics relation to sacred space in Jewish Levitical law, and further ignore discussions of all the passages regarding unrepentant sin (see 1 Cor 3:12-15), and if I ignore the grammar of the texts regarding sinners not inheriting the kingdom of God, I can tell you that the gays are certainly going to hell," we may have reason to be dubious of their conclusion. 

That said, it could be the case that all unrepentant sin ends up sending people to hell. We might look at Gal. 5:19-21, followed by 22,23.

we could also look at Gal 3. Why did Paul call those who demanded sinless perfection as a believer "Foolish," "Ignorant," and "Bewitched," which when last I checked were not superlatives. 

We could ask why the author of Hebrews represents Jesus as our eternal mediator. One far greater than The Law or angels.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Still Alive said:

I get that. However, there is only one unpardonable sin, and that ain't it.

My point is that, within the context of the question, it's sin, like all the sins non-homosexuals commit. 

Scripture tells us different, in the Old Testament there were two abominations, homosexuality Lev 18:22 and witchcraft Deu 18:10-12, these two were abominations and the penalty was death, no trial and no prescribed sacrifice for them, when discovered they were to be stoned immediately, that was the Old Testament, today we are living in the dispensation of Grace and they can repent and be saved, during the Old Testament it was the unpardonable sin, today it's not, during the Old Testament the sins of humanity had not been paid for by Jesus on the Cross, today they have, ...Old Testament an abomination, ...New Testament there is Grace, then it was today it's not, ...Grace changes everything!   

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

58 minutes ago, Uber Genius said:

Extremely controversial issue. That is to say that if you ask five Christian scholars (not laypeople regurgitating stuff they read on the Internet)  that question you are going to get many different views!

So how to approach the question?

Parse it.

Will the gays or anyone living in sin go to hell?

There are four views of hell:

- Eternal conscious torment

- Universal Salvation

- Anihilationism 

- purgation

Also we can look at how someone is saved:

- trust in the person of Jesus, that he is God and specifically that his sacrifice on the cross is available to forgive our sin now and in the future conditioned on our confession. 

- we are saved by grace as above but maintain our salvation by works

- we obtain our salvation through a combination of church membership, confession, baptism, Eucharist, even marriage 

- we are saved by works and maintain our salvation by good works alone. 

Finally the topic of sanctification of which their are 5 or so views which I won't elaborate at this time.

Point is when someone responds "Well reading the Bible in a language it wasn't written in, without reference to exegesis of passages, as if it was written to my culture (which it wasn't), and given that I delete the topics relation to sacred space in Jewish Levitical law, and further ignore discussions of all the passages regarding unrepentant sin (see 1 Cor 3:12-15), and if I ignore the grammar of the texts regarding sinners not inheriting the kingdom of God, I can tell you that the gays are certainly going to hell," we may have reason to be dubious of their conclusion. 

That said, it could be the case that all unrepentant sin ends up sending people to hell. We might look at Gal. 5:19-21, followed by 22,23.

we could also look at Gal 3. Why did Paul call those who demanded sinless perfection as a believer "Foolish," "Ignorant," and "Bewitched," which when last I checked were not superlatives. 

We could ask why the author of Hebrews represents Jesus as our eternal mediator. One far greater than The Law or angels.

Extremely controversial issue. That is to say that if you ask five Christian scholars (not laypeople regurgitating stuff they read on the Internet)  that question you are going to get many different views

Uber genius said the above statement .

Now let all that has breath hear this one .

I am truly sorrowful for those who sat under men that have made the bible seem so hard to grasp .

ALL we EVER NEEDED was OUR LORD to understand the bible .

The reason the bible is so hard for some to grasp ,   many have sat in churches where pre conceived ideas were taught . THEN teachers explained away

every part of the bible that contradicted their pre conceived acronym or idea .   IS it any wonder folks that sit under such are like man the bible is so hard to grasp.

WHEN in fact IT AINT   .    IF a man  twists what is plainly written to fit into their own theology , those who just sit and believe it , are gonna get confused .

And I , for one ,  don't need mens ways of interpreting scripture , they claim we cant interpret on our own and need to apply hermuentics or etc to be able to Understand .

Why on earth run to men who grabbed onto a carnal way of learning .  All those terms , yet if one truly wants to know , understand

the HOLY SCRIPS .   WHY NOT RUN TO THE ONE WHO INSPIRED THE HOLY SCRIPS .

I mean ,  KNOWN to GOD are all things .   HE wont withhold any good thing from any one who is His and seeks , knocks and asks .

Even men being evil know how to give good gifts unto their own children .  HOW Much more shall MY FATHER Give to those who ask HIM .

Show me they understanding , wisdom , knowledge through mens tactics ,  I will simply show the simple and pure understanding Through the HOLY GHOST , who knows all things .

IF it seem evil to simply trust in GOD as a small child let the world decide.  BUT as for ME ITS THE LORD ALONE I TRUST and HE will surely and can surely feed me as I need to KNOW .

Guest shiloh357
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, NathWChristian said:

This make me so sad that they will go to hell if they do not repent. 

They are not bad people just for having gay sex.

Many of them are kind people.

Most people nowadays have sex before marriage too, and most of them are not evil.

I would not send people to hell just because they have sex before marrige because I would have to send 70% of people to hell then, since most people see no problem with it.

No one goes to hell for having sex.  They go to hell for rejecting Jesus. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

They are not bad people just for having gay sex.

Many of them are kind people.

newsflash.......many bad people (100%, come to think of it) will be in Heaven.

Many kind people will spend an eternity in Torment

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,061
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, CCHL said:

I believe strongly that gay people will go to heaven even though many on here don't think so

what you believe, feel, hope is really irrelevant; especially when God has written down His expectations and judgments...

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

Untill the heart is taught inwardly it’s need of a Savior, all outward works of the law are profitless. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, CCHL said:

If I am wrong when it comes to the final judgement then so be it.  I have researched into the verses that talk about homosexuality and found that there were acts of temple prostitution and pederasty in which those verses were speaking against.  What I believe and know to be true is God loves those of the LGBTQ community and that they will accept them into the gates with open arms.

If I am wrong when it comes to the final judgement then so be it .

This right here sums up your entire faith .   You may as well have said ,   IT DONT MATTER WHAT GOD SAYS OR HAS SAID FOR I LOVE SELF AND THIS IS WHO I BOW TOO.