Dennis1209

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

I use a Life in the Spirit study Bible Charismatic commentary KJV and the only one I ever read for thirty five years. And when I wear one out I go the book store and order another. Try it you will like it. This not a commercial but another opinion. 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

Subtitle for a movie script I am working on...

INTERSTELLAR II

"THEY"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Dennis1209 said:

Looks like we travel in the same circles... Yeah, I listened to that pod cast some time ago and it was very interesting and informative. 

I just read your post to another poster and saw your mention of "The Watchers". 

;)

Just now, Abby-Joy said:

Whoa... sounds really interesting!!  Are your movies getting produced?  

Uh, in the process... meaning not yet. 

The concept for this one is pretty good (even if I do say so myself) but it would have to be as a sequel (or not worth the effort and extremely unlikely that it would be sold).

Are you familiar with the first movie? 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

No, I'm not ... I've been on here a lot less over the last year so I miss a lot.  If you have a website or something, I wouldn't mind you sending it to me. 

Well, I haven't mentioned this particular script too much here. The web site for the old movie is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstellar_(film)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Abby-Joy said:

I'm always interested in Christian movies that aren't afraid to talk about things that are happening... have you ever seen a movie called "The Watchers: Revelation"?  I think they have a sequel to it, but I don't know where I can watch it.  The first one is on PureFlix. 

No, but I've heard good things about it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

Daniel 4:25 (KJV) That they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and they shall wet thee with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over thee, till thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will. [Emphasis mine]

It's interesting to note that "they" are not identified. I have my own opinion whom "they" might be. I'm curious to hear your opinions on whom "they" might be.

This chapter is so extremely descriptive and detailed, I find it very curious a pronoun is used to identify whom is to accomplish this task?

WHO was in the man called legion that had him running about crazed like a half wild man .    Demons .     Well demons were allowed to torment the mind of nebb too.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

The world needs to see production that tell the truth and show the world where we are biblically. Not only the world but the church as well 

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,047
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

9 hours ago, Dennis1209 said:

I'm asking because it's very interesting, and I'm interested in other opinions. Also it shows a great difference in all the translations of the Bible from the original texts. The Septuagint refers to "they" as the 'Watchers". 

Let me throw out a question I've thought about? The Lord promised to preserve His word, but where and how? To my knowledge, there's only two translations of the Bible that are not copyrighted, the KJV and the Septuagint (could be others but I haven't found any). Would God allow His word to be copyrighted for restriction and profit?

It's my understanding to obtain a 'copyright' on a translation of the Bible, it must be at least 15% different to avoid plagiarism issues. Now the math: 15% + 15% + 15% + 15% etc., any bells going off? Not to mention the profit from the best selling book of all time. 

Just my personal opinions, everyone else's mileage will vary.

it is my understanding that 90% of the times that Jesus quotes the old testament it is word for word from the Septuagint.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,448
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, other one said:

it is my understanding that 90% of the times that Jesus quotes the old testament it is word for word from the Septuagint.

That's an interesting point I had questions on myself and dug around a bit. As you know, the Septuagint was completed around 300 B.C and a copy could have been available to anyone with money, lots of money. I wondered from where Jesus and the Apostles quoted O.T. scripture from. With a little study and assumptions, I came to the thought that even a copy of a scroll, much less a copy of the Septuagint would have been financially prohibitive to own a personal copy unless one was wealthy.

In Luke 4: 16-20 Jesus was quoting Isiah from a 'book' (KJV) given to Him and not a scroll at the synagogue in Nazareth. It stands to reason the common Jew's learned religion and scripture by listening, reading and memorizing O.T. scripture at their synagogue; Saul being the scholar exception taught by Gamaliel. No doubt the Temple and Jewish synagogues would have had the best copies of all the religious scrolls, books and laws. 

So, in my opinion, it's possible in many cases where O.T. scripture is quoted after 300 B.C. in the N.T.; and it's not identified as reading from a scroll; it could have been the Septuagint? 

One thing I still wonder about, and this is just from memory. So much was found at Qumran with the Dead Sea Scrolls; Book of the Giants, Book of Enoch, almost the entire book of Isiah, fragments of every O.T. Book except Esther I believe, etc. Since it is believed these parchments were hidden to be preserved prior to the sacking of Jerusalem in A.D. 70, to my memory nothing pertaining to the Septuagint was saved or found? Perhaps because copies were so wide spread???