Sign in to follow this  
QuirkyPanda

Good Book to Start in the Bible for Beginners

As the title suggest whats a good place to start. Ive barely read any of the bible and i want to start. What do you suggest?

40 minutes ago, QuirkyPanda said:

As the title suggest whats a good place to start. Ive barely read any of the bible and i want to start. What do you suggest?

How about starting with one of the Gospels, like John?  Maybe read a chapter or two of John and alternate with a Letter, like Ephesians?  

Selah:emot-heartbeat:  

• This is Worthy 2

Here's what I wish I would have done when I first started out reading the Bible.

First, pray before every time you  open the Bible and read.  Pray for God to bless your reading and for him to speak to you and show you what he wants to you know.  Pray for an open heart, mind, and spirit.  Pray for an uncluttered mind.

[1] Read the book of John and Acts.  Not at the same time, but separately.  [Take notes as you go as to what God says to you and to the questions you have.]

[2] Then, after that, because the Old Testament explains a lot of the New Testament [and vice versa] start with Genesis and Matthew, reading a chapter or two each day [or each time you get a chance to read] of each.  [Also take notes of what God says to you each day and questions you have.]

[3] Keep going until  you finish.  I will take longer than a year if you do it that way, but that's how I wished I had started out many, many years ago and not more recently. 

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, QuirkyPanda said:

Read John:

1) Ask Jesus to help you understand what you read

2) Be sure to trust Jesus personally for salvation--no one can enter a utopia behaving as they do now, Jesus died a horrible death and rose to pay our sin, guilt and shame--trust Jesus for eternal life

• Praise God! 1

I think it best to go from front cover to back cover, as it was intended. 

On 12/5/2018 at 12:01 PM, QuirkyPanda said:

Personally, I would start in the New Testament with the gospel of Matthew.  Take your time, don't read too much at once, perhaps a chapter or two a day so that you retain and think about what you have read.  I would read all four of the gospels in order, as one may speak more to you than the others do, which is probably why God provided us with four different accounts of the same events from four very different writers.

God bless

Sign in to follow this