Jayne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I saw a commercial yesterday - actually saw it a couple of times and have just watched it online to make sure of what was said.

It's supposed to be about the true meaning of Christmas from the point of view of children who go to a particular church - the Methodist Church and is sponsored by the United Methodist Church.

It starts out alright with various kids claiming that Christmas is about Jesus and his birth.

But then here are two quotes:

• "He was born to help the world."
  • "He made the world a better place".

I don't find either of those quotes to be true at all.  Am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

The United Methodist Church is getting pretty apostate these days; not as bad (yet) as the Episcopalians or the Presbyterians, but well on their way. 

I'd disregard their commercial.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

51 minutes ago, Jayne said:

I saw a commercial yesterday - actually saw it a couple of times and have just watched it online to make sure of what was said.

It's supposed to be about the true meaning of Christmas from the point of view of children who go to a particular church - the Methodist Church and is sponsored by the United Methodist Church.

It starts out alright with various kids claiming that Christmas is about Jesus and his birth.

But then here are two quotes:

• "He was born to help the world."
  • "He made the world a better place".

I don't find either of those quotes to be true at all.  Am I making a mountain out of a molehill?

Many people think Jesus came to preach a new religion. Not true.He preached Himself.There was something so wrong with the human race, that it could only be rescued by His Shed Blood.He came here to die.Both statements in the commercial are true, but only to the extent that He put His Holy Spirit in those that trusted Him and they are better people for it.The world is a fallen , sinful entity, but I would hate to think what it would be like without His Spirit dwelling in many individuals.