IGNORED

Spiritualist churches

I shudder when bereaved people say they have turned to a spiritualist church and are getting comfort. I know how wrong it is and dangerous. 

Should i say something? I feel i as a Christian i should but how? 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

10 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I shudder when bereaved people say they have turned to a spiritualist church and are getting comfort. I know how wrong it is and dangerous. 

Of course, since the person is bereaved, you need to speak very gently and with wisdom to them about this.   But you can say something like do you know that God forbids communicating with the dead?    This is for our protection as there can be evil spirits that will impersonate our deceased loved ones in order to draw us into something that the Lord forbids.  Instead of attending a spiritualist "church", encourage them to pour their hurting hearts out to the Lord.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

I have a suggestion. When you hear or see the words 'spiritualist church', rename them in your mind as 'a demonic spirit church'.

I have walked by them and if you happen upon one of them, pray to The Only Wise God, our Savior. Sadly, it seems that the 'churches' near me are ineffectual and this generation does not know very much about spiritual things. They are easy to hoodwink since they do not have the Words of the Lord in their minds.

You have only to read a few posts on a site like this to see that few are grounded in the Works and Words of our Lord Yeshua (Jesus). Yeshua means 'Yahweh is Salvation'.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

14 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

My take. Christianity is about salvation from death after this incredibly brief period in this body. Spiritualist churches WILL bring you temporary comfort in as much as a bottle of Jack Daniels, or a joint will as well. It's all in the head. 

Personally, I'd offer such people a copy of Ecclesiastes as a guide for life outside of the Saving Grace of God. Then a copy of John. 

And let the chips fall where they may.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

does this including asking those already in heaven to intercede for us in prayer? I know a Catholic, who I am trying to talk things through with, and she prays to Mary and the Saints.

Yes it does .     THIER is only ONE NAME in heaven who intercedes on our behalf .    THAT is the name we pray IN .     Let no man , woman , child  , pope  , teacher , bird

angel , spirit , plant or anything say OTHERWISE .    YOU LOVED MJ.    YOU ARE .     But we pray to GOD ALONE in JESUS NAME .      NOW be encouraged .   simple truth

oh but what joy it is .  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, maryjayne said:

does this including asking those already in heaven to intercede for us in prayer? I know a Catholic, who I am trying to talk things through with, and she prays to Mary and the Saints.

I agree with Frienduff....Point out to your friend that Jesus said we should pray in His name, John 16:23, John 14:13-14.   Also, the Bible says Jesus alone is our advocate.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, maryjayne said:

MJ, ...Mary did not ascend to Heaven, her spirit is with the Lord, ...Jesus on the Cross told John to take care of His mother, John moved to Ephesus and built a house for her and her decayed body is buried there, ...it's a familiar tourist site.