Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
WorthyNewsBot

WorthyNews: Christian Groups Fight Back Against Austin, Texas City Code That Could Force Churches to Hire LGBTQ Employees

Recommended Posts

(Worthy News) - Churches in Austin, Texas may soon be forced to hire homosexual and transgender employees, including pastors, if a city ordinance is implemented.

The city says it guarantees "the opportunity for each person to obtain employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability."

The Houston-based US Pastor Council and the Texas Values organization is suing the city in federal court over the code. Both groups argue that the ordinance forces churches to go against their biblical beliefs and does not include a religious exemption for churches in Austin that refuse to hire homosexual or transgender people as employees, including pastors. [ Source: CBN News (Read More...) ]

The post Christian Groups Fight Back Against Austin, Texas City Code That Could Force Churches to Hire LGBTQ Employees appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, Austin has been over run with liberals, dems. and socialists.  the homeless rate is real bad there too.  I did some work there years back and you cant even leave your motel door open for fresh air without someone rushing up in there and using you shower/restroom and refusing to leave.  Just a heads up if you ever end up in Austin staying in a motel. 

Austin is just another example how how liberal policy does not work.  Now they are attacking the church.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Sadly, Austin has been over run with liberals, dems. and socialists.  the homeless rate is real bad there too.  I did some work there years back and you cant even leave your motel door open for fresh air without someone rushing up in there and using you shower/restroom and refusing to leave.  Just a heads up if you ever end up in Austin staying in a motel. 

Austin is just another example how how liberal policy does not work.  Now they are attacking the church.

people can't afford to live in California any longer so they are going to Austin and screwing up things there just as they did in California.....     Only insane people do the same thing over and over and expect things change...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, other one said:

people can't afford to live in California any longer so they are going to Austin and screwing up things there just as they did in California.....     Only insane people do the same thing over and over and expect things change...

 

but isnt that what they want... change?   that was obamas theme... change has come america, change has come.  and the crowd went wild... AHHHHHHH!

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I just want to say that no one is forcing you to hire the LGBTQ individuals from various communities but the ordinance states that no institution is allowed to discriminate.  I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CCHL said:

So, I just want to say that no one is forcing you to hire the LGBTQ individuals from various communities but the ordinance states that no institution is allowed to discriminate.  I don't see what all the fuss is about.

The fuss is that homosexuals intentionally  targeted a Christian bakery and demanded that they make a cake honoring homosexuality against the baker's religious convictions and wanted to force him, upon pain of prosecution (on the grounds of discrimination), to make a gay wedding cake that explicitly honors a homosexual wedding union.  That was an act of discrimination.  The hypocrisy about discrimination is so thick you could cut it with a knife. 

They will do to churches what they did to the baker.  They will seek out and target churches that have a stance against hiring homosexuals and who will resist hiring homosexuals and they will seek employment and when denied employment, they will claim they are being discriminated against.   They won't seek employment at liberal churches that embrace homosexuality.  They will target conservative churches that oppose that lifestyle and they will file lawsuits against pastors and churches that refuse to hire homosexuals.

A church also has rights and the homosexual community does not have the right to discriminate against a church's freedom of religion in order to force them to do that which violates what they believe.  Churches are not required to accept homosexuals on their staff or as members of their congregation.   Homosexuals are not minorities.   No one gets minority privileges simply on the basis of how they have sex.   And for homosexuals to try and hi-jack minority status is a slap in the face to real minorities who have suffered far more than homosexuals who enjoy far more acceptance than blacks did during the civil rights movement era of the United States.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CCHL said:

So, I just want to say that no one is forcing you to hire the LGBTQ individuals from various communities but the ordinance states that no institution is allowed to discriminate.  I don't see what all the fuss is about.

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×