• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Who are today’s disciples of Jesus Christ? According to Jesus

(Am I becoming a disciple myself – am I making others disciples? It is our mission)

Matt 28:19 (Our Mission) Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, There are just 6 things that Jesus said make and identify a disciple – 3 relate to the major areas of my life that God invites me to fully submit into His hands – my relationships, my possessions and my self will. The other 3 relate respectively to my continuing to allow God to impart Christ’s nature to my heart, my continuing to live in that new nature, which is love, towards other Christians and finally under the direction of God’s Spirit my ongoing willingness to share that nature– which is the life of Christ – through my prayers for and my words to both unbelievers and believers.

Lu 14:26 If anyone comes to me and does not love less his father and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. (In other words my love for God must be greater than my love for each of the members of my family and must exceed my love for myself – Surely in recognition that there is only One, Jesus Christ, who died for my sins how could my first allegiance and my first devotion not be to Him – otherwise I am not His disciple, and if I’m not a disciple of Christ what or who am I?).

Lu 14:27 And whoever of you does not bear his cross (which is really his share of Christ’s cross, by understanding and believing that when we abide in Christ we share in His death on the cross to His flesh and thus become dead to our own flesh with its sin nature), and follow me (in the Spirit), cannot be my disciple. (Will I allow God to reveal to me that my own flesh, that is my human nature also being my sin nature where self rules, is despicable, ugly and the enemy of God? If so, I will gladly embrace the further revealed truth that when I am in Christ I am dead to my flesh with its sin nature because I now share in His death to the flesh on the cross - but if I reject God’s provision, in Christ, to free me from bondage to my sin nature, even though I know how it has harmed both me and others in the past, then I cannot be Christ’s disciple – and then what or who am I?)

Lu 14:33 So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake (surrender ownership claim to) all that he has, he cannot be my disciple. (In other words cheerfully transferring my authority to God over position, possessions, money, ambition, acclaim, image, an independent will, and personal rights. When the full impact dawns in my heart that God purchased my life from Satan, with all that this implies both now and for eternity, it will not be difficult for me to see that my stuff came with that purchase and belongs to God. If I refuse to see this truth it casts doubt on the validity of God’s purchase and I cannot be Christ’s disciple – then who am I?)

Jo 8:31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed him If you abide in my word (continue in, feed your spirit on and walk in the light of) then you are my disciples indeed; (In other words day by day allowing God to impart more of His divine nature through His living words to my heart – progressively conforming me to Christ, by whose life in me I am enabled to overcome all 3 of my enemies, live in the center of God’s will and expand His Kingdom on earth. But if I drift away from God, neglect His ongoing salvation and lose my appetite for His daily spiritual bread my enemies will trample all over me and I will no longer be a disciple of Christ – then who am I?)

Jo 13:35 By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one to another. (The love of God is in Christ Jesus, as we live in Christ, full of His Spirit with hearts abounding in His new and past words that He has spoken to us, His love nature as is reflected in 1st. Corinthians Chapter 13 will abound in us and through us to other Christians. But if we don’t live in Christ, in unbroken submission to His Spirit, and thoughts and words other than His abound in our hearts, then it will be impossible to walk in love towards other believers – and we will no longer be disciples of Christ – then who or what are we?)

Jo 15:8 Herein is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit; so shall you be my disciples. (This is the fulfillment of our mission and our calling. It is only possible on a consistent basis as we believe and live in the five revealed truths outlined above concerning discipleship. Therefore now, in Christ, and being anointed by the Holy Spirit with our hearts daily nourished with more of God’s words, we will bear living fruit in the form of our prayers for others and in the form of our words that enter the hearts of others who have eras to hear them. In this way, through prayer and living words of God, the very life of Jesus Christ is imparted, birthing unbelievers into God’s Kingdom and making disciples of believers. Jesus said we are known in the spirit realm by the fruit of our lips. When we are in Christ, life giving words come from our hearts as living water – but when we are not living in Christ, we are detached from the Vine, our words are devoid of life and do damage to God’s kingdom – and we cease to be Christ’s disciples – and then what or who are we?).

Matt 28:19 (Again, the Mission of a Christian is) Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

A person has to be a disciple of Jesus themselves in order to be used of God to make others disciples of Jesus –Can I really be a Christian if I am not becoming nor intend to become a disciple of Jesus Christ?

Let God answer this probing question in our hearts! God bless

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Well in anwer to that one question asked many times ,     then what or who am I .    LOST is the answer .

and to answer the last question .  AM I really a christain if I am not desicple of Christ .     NOPE . 

Whatever JESUS said , will stand for all time  .  

For their is one that will judge all ,     THE WORDS that I have spoken unto you , SAID JESUS ,   will be your JUDGE on the last day .

Folks need to quit heedig them pastors who keep making void the things JESUS SAID .

FOR not only did HE say , make desiples of all nations ,  HE also said , TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE ................ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL,  things I have told YOU .

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

We have to obey God as we always did. It goes way beyond making disciples. First you work on you. Produce fruit (that is behavior) in keeping with repentance. Meaning to work on quitting your sins. You really can't convince anyone of anything unless your life is an example of what it means. This has always been true. It just doesn't get said often enough. (and I know it isn't easy. It isn't supposed to be)

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

That's the second longest question I've ever seen. ;)

• Haha 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

3 hours ago, Still Alive said:

That's the second longest question I've ever seen. ;)

Hey S.A.

What means, " Did the rooster crow once, or did the rooster crow twice?" And how does the answer relate to Bible teachings?

4 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Well in anwer to that one question asked many times ,     then what or who am I .    LOST is the answer .

and to answer the last question .  AM I really a christain if I am not desicple of Christ .     NOPE . 

Whatever JESUS said , will stand for all time  .  

For their is one that will judge all ,     THE WORDS that I have spoken unto you , SAID JESUS ,   will be your JUDGE on the last day .

Folks need to quit heedig them pastors who keep making void the things JESUS SAID .

FOR not only did HE say , make desiples of all nations ,  HE also said , TEACHING THEM TO OBSERVE ................ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL,  things I have told YOU .

I agree my brother!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, JTC said:

We have to obey God as we always did. It goes way beyond making disciples. First you work on you. Produce fruit (that is behavior) in keeping with repentance. Meaning to work on quitting your sins. You really can't convince anyone of anything unless your life is an example of what it means. This has always been true. It just doesn't get said often enough. (and I know it isn't easy. It isn't supposed to be)

No condemnation intended, Christ's words made alive by the Holy Spirit and received, believed in our hearts, are able to make us, anyone, His disciples who then go and make other disciple by Him!

And he (Jesus) said to them, “Follow me (My words), and I will make you fishers of men.”

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

7 hours ago, Living Stone said:

am I making others disciples?

John chapter 8 verse 31

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

Matthew chapter 4 verse 4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Romans chapter 1 verse 28
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

John chapter 8 verse 31,32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, " If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
2 John
 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
Job chapter 23 verse 12
I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Matthew 11
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Luke chapter 21
33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Romans chapter 10 
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Mark chapter 13
31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
James chapter 1
25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
James chapter 4
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Isaiah chapter 45 verse 19
I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.
Jeremiah chapter 9
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this:
    that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
    justice and righteousness on earth,
    for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord.
Jeremiah chapter 5 verse 1
“Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem,
    look around and consider,
    search through her squares.
If you can find but one person
    who deals honestly and seeks the truth,
    I will forgive this city.
Psalm 119 verse 114
You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

15 hours ago, JTC said:

Hey S.A.

What means, " Did the rooster crow once, or did the rooster crow twice?" And how does the answer relate to Bible teachings?

The answer is this: The question is not relevant and misses the point of the story. It gets into weeds that are not useful to wade through. The point is that even though Peter said he would not deny Jesus, Jesus said that not one day would go by before he betrayed him. In fact, it would be before sunrise. 

I've learned to apply that to a LOT of the meaning I glean from the bible. e.g. I no longer argue "pre" or "post" trib stuff, or a lot of the controversial stuff. It's pointless. The older I get, the more I find myself invoking Titus 3:9. "But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain."

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,778
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

This is the battle Paul faced in Rom 7 into 8... 
It is also the mark set before him

Phil 3:13-18

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
KJV

I fear the enemies are those who believe that what they do here an now gain right to The Blood of Jesus.... The book of James is merely the reality if Jesus behaved in His Own body a certain way then He, in The Person of The Holy Spirit, in our bodies, (if we are yielding ourselves to His Will and work), that faith will be seen...

Edited by enoob57