Living Stone

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

In the real Scriptures, the word used for disciple means Home Educated.

That is how Joseph of Arimethia, the one who purchased Christ/Messiahs tomb and arranged for the placement of the body was able to claim himself to be a Disciple of Christ/Messiah; because Christ Messiah lived and worked for His Uncle for a number of years.

Religeous debate on this small piece of information is whisked away by Decievers by calling it British Israelism LOL Believe whosoever ye will : (

And it has nothing to do with what Yashua/ Jesus said.period

It has to do with what The Annointed One, Affirmed, Confirmed and Fufilled.

Our Father Love's WILL.

Spoken to and recorded by Our Fathers annointed ones ( Moses & The Prophets) about HIS Annointed One; The Living Testament of Our Fathers WILL.

If it isn't Our Father said and The Annointed One Proved!

Then its just toilet paper : )

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 12/7/2018 at 7:50 AM, Still Alive said:

The older I get, the more I find myself invoking Titus 3:9. "But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain."

Oh, I get it thanks. Maybe the rooster even crowed 3 times or not at all, it's irrelevant to what matters. I'm glad you learned to generalize the lesson in Titus 3:9 to most debates. This is why I don't argue. Now here's a related point. With some folks there's no point in debating even the important matters. They are so close minded nothing you say matters. Sadly, I've had to work with too many of these kind. One must learn to spot them as early as one can.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

24 minutes ago, JTC said:

Now here's a related point. With some folks there's no point in debating even the important matters. They are so close minded nothing you say matters. Sadly, I've had to work with too many of these kind. One must learn to spot them as early as one can.

Yep. I've come across that a lot since I moved to the bible belt. I call it arrogant ignorance. A music director of a large Louisville church and I were discussing this phenomenon, that I noticed since moving to this rural area from Seattle, and playing in a southern Gospel band that toured a lot of these small churches. He said that his church had a lot of members that were professors at a large Christian university and his observation is that the more someone knows about the bible, it's history and its sources, the less sure they are about their opinion on all but the most core Christian concepts, e.g. salavation.

I am not quick to invoke Titus, but when a conversation has reached an impasse, I have to ask myself if the conversation is bearing fruit, or is it time to "agree to disagree". 

And it's not just titus. That's just the one I use because I've memorized it. Kinda like I memorized Matthew 7:6 for other purposes.

https://biblereasons.com/arguing/

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

If you continue in my word then you are my disciples in deed. First disciples learn from the Master, then they are sent out to make and teach others who desire to be disciples. So it was with the twelve and so it was with Paul. 

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

3 hours ago, Still Alive said:

He said that his church had a lot of members that were professors at a large Christian university and his observation is that the more someone knows about the bible, it's history and its sources, the less sure they are about their opinion on all but the most core Christian concepts, e.g. salavation.

And it's not just titus. That's just the one I use because I've memorized it. Kinda like I memorized Matthew 7:6 for other purposes.

https://biblereasons.com/arguing/

What you said about those professors also had happened to me, although I'm not a professor. I'm now past that point. I submit that those professors either need to learn more or spend a few yrs focusing on building up their faith. Or maybe God does it to you as you remain faithful towards Him, I'm not sure. But it was a very unpleasant time until it passed.

I liked the website you linked to. ?