IGNORED

France Finance Minister: Europe Must Become an ‘Empire’ to Compete with U.S., Vows to Defy Trump’s Iran Sanctions

angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2018/11/13/france-finance-minister-europe-become-empire-compete-us-vows-defy-trumps-iran-sanctions/?fbclid=IwAR000sjD5DINRosk2nWHzV4AQRyKIfY0TLqN763QHvkeUfO6aISSrMwd9cc

France’s Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire has called for Europe to become an “empire” to compete with the United States after the country’s President Emmanuel Macron called for an EU army to defend against the NATO ally.

“It’s about Europe having to become a kind of empire, as China is. And how the U.S. is,” Mr Le Maire told Germany’s Handelsblatt.

Adding that it would be a “peaceful empire,” the economics and finance minister touted the progressive government’s green credentials, saying that the European empire should “rel[y] on green growth. Neither China nor the U.S., who are leaving the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, are on this path.”

Quizzed by the journalist on his reference to “empire,” Mr Le Maire said: “Do not get me wrong, I’m talking about a peaceful empire that’s a constitutional state.

“I use the term to raise awareness that in the world of tomorrow, it will be about power. Power will make the difference: technological power, economic, financial, monetary, cultural power will be crucial.

“Europe should no longer shy away from displaying its power and being an empire of peace,” the minister remarked.

Mr Le Maire also said that France would continue to trade with Iran in defiance of fresh U.S. sanctions imposed last week, saying that the European Union should “tell the U.S. clearly: we are a sovereign continent.”

He added that the UK, France, and Germany were working on a special purpose vehicle (SPV) ‘clearing house’ that would allow European Union companies to bypass U.S. sanctions and “maintain legitimate and international trade” with the Islamic regime, with The Guardian noting last week that it could be hosted by either Germany or France.

“It is clear to everyone that today it takes courage to stand in the way of the government of Donald Trump.

“We want an instrument for the independence and sovereignty of Europe. After setting up the special purpose vehicle, we need staff and finally a banking licence. Subsequently, we may be able to transform the SPV into an intergovernmental European institution.”

“We want a way to exchange goods and services when financial flows between Iran and Europe are no longer possible. This is legal and under European rules. Payments remain in Europe,” Le Maire added.

Macron Calls for ‘Real European Army’ to Protect EU from U.S. | Breitbart

French President Emmanuel Macron has reiterated calls for an EU army, this time saying that it is needed to protect the bloc from the U.S.

The finance minister denied that the SPV would be in contravention of U.S. sanctions, claiming it would be “in accordance with European and international law.” 

“We dispute the legitimacy of extraterritorial U.S. sanctions. You can not violate any sanctions that do not apply to us.”

The Finance Minister’s adversarial position comes after French President Emmanuel Macron said last week that the EU needs its own army to “protect” itself from “China, Russia and even the United States of America.”

Macron has joined the ranks of Eurocrats Guy Vehofstadt MEP and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker in calling for deeper EU integration which could eventually lead to a United States of Europe.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

bring all our people home and put them on the southern border...   sounds good to me....     

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  0

gee what a huge impact .....

Edited by existential mabel

• Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,129
  • Content Per Day:  3.50
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

In line with scripture. The second `beastly` power has two horns, meaning holds two powers - religious AND ECONOMIC.

Thus we see quickly arising the big push for Europe to become an Empire. It was the EU that started the `free trade` economic philosophy which the world has embraced. It will house all the economic infrastructure of the IMF, (the International monetary Fund) BIF, (the Bank for International Settlements, the big daddy of the banks, insurance companies etc etc), and the FSF, (the Financial Stability Forum, setting the rules and legislation of commerce & banking.

Big agenda. watch it all come together this year after the next financial crisis.

regards, Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 1

yes my very same thoughts we are most certainly being funnelled into a new world imo.  what an shift of axis i mean the USA have never been in question before reg being a super power ....

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Just now, existential mabel said:

yes my very same thoughts we are most certainly being funnelled into a new world imo.  what an shift of axis i mean the USA have never been in question before reg being a super power ....

With all the protests in France and  all over the world right now, the world is going to want a savior very  soon,perfect timing for the Antichrist to show up....

22 hours ago, angels4u said:

With all the protests in France and  all over the world right now, the world is going to want a savior very  soon,perfect timing for the Antichrist to show up....

i could in my sense of irony and black humour put a thumbs up. yeah seems it seems as if its heading towards europe v usa = no winners.

Marconi aka macaroni and Trump. now is that a vegartarian combo hmmmn.

Edited by existential mabel