IGNORED

What did Christ mean in Matthew 7:21-23?

Pollycy

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,765
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

19 hours ago, discipler777 said:

There are some "Christians" on this forum who bear bad or evil fruits/works of the flesh and have unscriptural views/teachings but they seem to be approved/condoned and "protected" like environmentally-endangered 'wolves in sheep clothing' on this forum or as family. It's like the wife protecting her husband who committed pedophilia/incest against her daughters/sons and other children or like the Catholic Popes protecting his unmarried priests who were pedophiling Catholic boys. It's all in the family.?

So you reported any of these actions .... I haven't seen a single report from you!  

And you're making a moral equivalence to someone that believes His Eternal Security is based on who HE IS -- to -- catholic priests and pedophilia.  This is really out of bounds!   If you were truly interested in recovering someone out of a perceived error -- this is absolutely the WRONG way to do so.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

P S - Personally, after a while, I just ignore such Christians who have unscriptural views/teachings on this forum.

That is a wise course for you to follow .My preferred course is to try to expose and correct false doctrines , lest Newbies and those that are subject to poor teaching and never get to hear the True Gospel of Grace, get caught up in works and Legalism .Works cancels the very thing that saves us—- Grace.I am sure we can agree that we would never want to see that happen.My desire is for all Believers to unite and sing loudly for an on- looking world to hear “Nothing But The Blood” without some having to roll their eyes because they really think that it is a lie.Agreed? Merry Christmas!
Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,246
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Oseas Ramos de Siqueira said:

Now, have you never read? If any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

You may want to consider your own words that comes from your mouth, Oseas.
Rom 2:13 
(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Math 7; 19-20  Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.  Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, George said:
On 12/25/2018 at 2:54 PM, discipler777 said:

There are some "Christians" on this forum who bear bad or evil fruits/works of the flesh and have unscriptural views/teachings but they seem to be approved/condoned and "protected" like environmentally-endangered 'wolves in sheep clothing' on this forum or as family. It's like the wife protecting her husband who committed pedophilia/incest against her daughters/sons and other children or like the Catholic Popes protecting his unmarried priests who were pedophiling Catholic boys. It's all in the family.?

So you reported any of these actions .... I haven't seen a single report from you!  

And you're making a moral equivalence to someone that believes His Eternal Security is based on who HE IS -- to -- catholic priests and pedophilia.  This is really out of bounds!   If you were truly interested in recovering someone out of a perceived error -- this is absolutely the WRONG way to do so.

I have reported only a few of these actions so as to leave the published posts intact for all to see. Maybe you did not see my few reports. The very recent report I made ended up with my posts plus a few posts by others unrelated to my report being deleted instead. So, for some, there is no point making reports. As is written before, .......

MATTHEW.23:33-36 (NKJV) = 33 Serpents, brood of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? 34 Therefore, indeed, I send you prophets, wise men, and scribes: some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city, 35 that on you may come all the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Assuredly, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

JOHN.13:7-17 (NKJV) 7 Jesus answered and said to him, “What I am doing you do not understand now,but you will know after this.”

8 Peter said to Him, “You shall never wash my feet!”

Jesus answered him, “If I do not wash you, you have no part with Me.

9 Simon Peter said to Him, “Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and myhead!”

10 Jesus said to him, “He who is bathed needs only to wash his feet, but is completely clean; and you are clean, but not all of you.” 11 For He knew who would betray Him; therefore He said, “You are not all clean.”

12 So when He had washed their feet, taken His garments, and sat down again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? 13 You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. 14 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. 16 Most assuredly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him. 17 If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.

Alas.! some refuse to have their feet washed clean by other brethren from the dirt of willful sins/evil-works/Law-breaking done unrepentantly or ignorantly or from following deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons. They may even kick out violently with their unclean/dirty feet.

Edited by discipler777

5 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Yes there is always the legalist who are the epitome of perfection. I thank God though for His love and long suffering  that accomplishes  what he does best..

HEBREWS.6:1-8 (NKJV) The Peril of Not Progressing

6:1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do if God permits.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

HEBREWS.6:1-8 (NKJV) The Peril of Not Progressing

6:1 Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 of the doctrine of baptisms, of laying on of hands, of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment. 3 And this we will do if God permits.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessing from God; 8 but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.

The author of Hebrews is not referring to members of the Body of Christ.They all believe in the Gospel of Grace and all of their sins are covered by the Shed Blood

• Steward

When you give a Word ... be sure it's with the Spirit of Love and Grace!

2 Corinthians 3:6  who also has made us able ministers of the new testament, not of the letter, but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

47 minutes ago, George said:

2 Corinthians 3:6  who also has made us able ministers of the new testament, not of the letter, but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

MATTHEW.3:7-12 (NKJV) = 7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, 9 and do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 10 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 

11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

HEBREWS.12:18-29 The Glorious Company

18 For you have not come to the mountain that may be touched and that burned with fire, and to blackness and darkness and tempest, 19 and the sound of a trumpet and the voice of words, so that those who heard it begged that the word should not be spoken to them anymore. 20 (For they could not endure what was commanded: “And if so much as a beast touches the mountain, it shall be stonedor shot with an arrow.” 21 And so terrifying was the sight that Moses said, “I am exceedingly afraid and trembling.”)

22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are registered in heaven, to God the Judge of all, to the spirits of just men made perfect, 24 to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaks better things than that of Abel.

Hear the Heavenly Voice

25 See that you do not refuse Him who speaks. For if they did not escape who refused Him who spoke on earth, much more shall we not escape if we turn away from Him who speaks from heaven, 26 whose voice then shook the earth; but now He has promised, saying, “Yet once more I shake not only the earth, but also heaven.” 27 Now this, “Yet once more,” indicates the removal of those things that are being shaken, as of things that are made, that the things which cannot be shaken may remain.

28 Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom which cannot be shaken, let us have grace, by which we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear. 29 For our God is a consuming fire.

1JOHN.3:13-15 = 13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

Yes, we should love the brethren/sisthren as ourselves. OTOH, we should also hate unrepentant willful sinners/evil-workers/Law-breakers, followers of deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons who reject or ignore or twist the Word of God or Holy Scripture. .......

PROVERBS.6:16-19 = 16 These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.

Your brother in Christ,

discipler777

<3

• Steward

2 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

OTOH, we should also hate unrepentant willful sinners/evil-workers/Law-breakers, followers of deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons who reject or ignore or twist the Word of God or Holy Scripture. .......

The problem is that you should NEVER HATE the SINNER -- but hate the sin.  This is the issue I would have with this statement.  :)

1 hour ago, George said:

2CORINTHIANS.3:1-4 & 12-18 (NKJV) = 3:1 Do we begin again to commend ourselves? Or do we need, as some others, epistles of commendation to you or letters of commendation from you? 2 You are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read by all men; 3 clearly you are an epistle of Christ, ministered by us, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart. ...

12 Therefore, since we have such hope, we use great boldness of speech— 13 unlike Moses, who put a veil over his face so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the end of what was passing away. 14 But their minds were blinded. For until this day the same veil remains unlifted in the reading of the Old Testament, because the veil is taken away in Christ. 15 But even to this day, when Moses is read, a veil lies on their heart. 16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord.

2COR.3:6 was talking about the elementary principles of Christ where salvation is not by keeping the letter of the Law but solely by faith in Jesus Christ and being born-again of the Spirit, in whom the letter of the Law/Word of God is spiritually unveiled. Hence, the letter or Law kills but the Spirit gives (eternal) life.

2COR.3:6 is not much related to the 'how-to' in the giving of the Word or Law/commandments.