Unfailing Presence

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

I am interested in hearing if other Christians have had personal experience with a person being declared dead only to be conscious  again and what  you thought of it spiritually speaking based upon the actions / words observed of the person who at least for a few moments had been declared dead ?

My personal experience with it involved my Grandparents  , my best guess both of them being faithful loving Christians based upon everything I had ever heard or seen from them.

My grandfather had been hospitalized for at least two weeks going downhill slowly but surely from heart / pulmonary problems , and not working at the time I had helped out other family by ferrying my grandmother to and from the hospital as she was able  which was my pleasure to do , as well as staying there with him on my own as much as I could .                                                                                        One morning at about 4:00 AM I was awakened by a phone call from my mother saying to get Grandma up to the hospital immediately  because my Grandfather had just died .  The funny thing of it was that when I went to get her I had made my mind up in advance  not to say that he had died , but to lie and say only that he was taking a turn for the worse  . Lots of snow & ice to deal with so I let my grandmother off at the front door of the hospital and told her I would be right up to the floor grandpa was on .  Watching her walk through those doors alone on her way up to find out her husband had died from a stranger because I did not have the guts to tell her made me feel as low as I have ever felt in my life in those few moments .

Got up to the floor and there was my grandmother standing outside my grandfathers room with big smile on her face happy as a clam . I could not imagine what was going on so I just asked why she was outside the room and she said the doctors had asked her to step outside for a minute , and that grandpa was doing FINE .  One by one I saw at least a couple  Dr's and other personal come out of the room and I could tell the way they were speaking to each other that none of them had a scientific answer for what had just happened . They said we could go on in and there was my grandfather as relaxed and seemingly as happy & alive as I had seen him in the entire two weeks he had been in the hospital . I gave my grandparents some time alone and went and got some coffee . Came back and can't remember exactly where my grandmother went at that point  but I found myself alone with him for a few minutes with  him just smiling and barely acknowledging me there ,  very strangely distracted .

In the entire two weeks prior I could always see the look in his eye that was basically begging me not to leave him when I told I had to go home , get something to eat, some sleep , etc,etc . this time I could see he could not have cared less if I told him I was  leaving  never coming back . 

The entire time with this smile on his face he would hold up his hands and move his hands and fingers in amazement . Same thing with his feet he pulled the sheet back exposing his feet as if to make sure they were still there , and wiggled his toes with the same fascination .  In perfect peace . At some point I think he realized I was observing everything he was doing and he finally looked at me with more than just passing glance  and for a moment I could tell he really wanted to tell me something , but almost just as quickly he turned his head up the ceiling slightly shaking his head to himself as if to say to himself there is no way possible to communicate in human terms what he had just experienced . And yet without a word being spoken between us he had just experienced the most fantastic moment of his existence .  

Later that same day with the same sense of calm peace and joy , and smiling , in a sun filled room he died suddenly .

Why God causes some to have this type of modified Lazarus  experience  I have no explanation for,  but I am certain that my grandfather experienced something not of this world  .

There is pretty good evidence that Paul was killed when he was stoned and brought back .

In my mind the only thing I can attribute it to  , much like the love that existed between Lazarus and his family which was the only time Jesus is recorded to have " wept "   , is the love between my grandparents .

They day before all this happened and everyone knew that his death was getting very close I was outside his hospital room and could hear my grandparents professing their love for God and each other 

and how God had blessed their lives , with my Grandfather finally saying to her  " I JUST DON"T WANT TO LEAVE YOU " .

In my mind I will always believe God was not going to let it end that way ,  with my grandmother first being lied to by me too gutless to tell her he had died  , then stepping from the cold  dark night  into a  room of strangers  to find him gone . 

I am always interested when I hear similar experiences ,  but always cautious  , recognizing  that there is nothing spiritual that Satan will not seek to exploit . 

" All things are yours "   (1 Corinthians 3 : 21 ) 

Edited by Unfailing Presence

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  134
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

No need to overcomplicate things : ) if one has hope/faith in Christ/Messiah and tried to be a decent person = " to be absent from the flesh, is to be present with The Lord" ( doesn't get better than that)

Personally i already died once, and that was losing my faith/hope in Christ/Messiah after 40 years of faith.

But in less than 12 hours; Began my Baptism of Fire/Truth : ) and now belief doesn't really cut it; My only hope/faith is; is that i get to be a Firstfruit : )

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Unfailing Presence said:

I am interested in hearing if other Christians have had personal experience with a person being declared dead only to be conscious  again and what  you thought of it spiritually speaking based upon the actions / words observed of the person who at least for a few moments had been declared dead ?

My personal experience with it involved my Grandparents  , my best guess both of them being faithful loving Christians based upon everything I had ever heard or seen from them.

My grandfather had been hospitalized for at least two weeks going downhill slowly but surely from heart / pulmonary problems , and not working at the time I had helped out other family by ferrying my grandmother to and from the hospital as she was able  which was my pleasure to do , as well as staying there with him on my own as much as I could .                                                                                        One morning at about 4:00 AM I was awakened by a phone call from my mother saying to get Grandma up to the hospital immediately  because my Grandfather had just died .  The funny thing of it was that when I went to get her I had made my mind up in advance  not to say that he had died , but to lie and say only that he was taking a turn for the worse  . Lots of snow & ice to deal with so I let my grandmother off at the front door of the hospital and told her I would be right up to the floor grandpa was on .  Watching her walk through those doors alone on her way up to find out her husband had died from a stranger because I did not have the guts to tell her made me feel as low as I have ever felt in my life in those few moments .

Got up to the floor and there was my grandmother standing outside my grandfathers room with big smile on her face happy as a clam . I could not imagine what was going on so I just asked why she was outside the room and she said the doctors had asked her to step outside for a minute , and that grandpa was doing FINE .  One by one I saw at least a couple  Dr's and other personal come out of the room and I could tell the way they were speaking to each other that none of them had a scientific answer for what had just happened . They said we could go on in and there was my grandfather as relaxed and seemingly as happy & alive as I had seen him in the entire two weeks he had been in the hospital . I gave my grandparents some time alone and went and got some coffee . Came back and can't remember exactly where my grandmother went at that point  but I found myself alone with him for a few minutes with  him just smiling and barely acknowledging me there ,  very strangely distracted .

In the entire two weeks prior I could always see the look in his eye that was basically begging me not to leave him when I told I had to go home , get something to eat, some sleep , etc,etc . this time I could see he could not have cared less if I told him I was  leaving  never coming back . 

The entire time with this smile on his face he would hold up his hands and move his hands and fingers in amazement . Same thing with his feet he pulled the sheet back exposing his feet as if to make sure they were still there , and wiggled his toes with the same fascination .  In perfect peace . At some point I think he realized I was observing everything he was doing and he finally looked at me with more than just passing glance  and for a moment I could tell he really wanted to tell me something , but almost just as quickly he turned his head up the ceiling slightly shaking his head to himself as if to say to himself there is no way possible to communicate in human terms what he had just experienced . And yet without a word being spoken between us he had just experienced the most fantastic moment of his existence .  

Later that same day with the same sense of calm peace and joy , and smiling , in a sun filled room he died suddenly .

Why God causes some to have this type of modified Lazarus  experience  I have no explanation for,  but I am certain that my grandfather experienced something not of this world  .

There is pretty good evidence that Paul was killed when he was stoned and brought back .

In my mind the only thing I can attribute it to  , much like the love that existed between Lazarus and his family which was the only time Jesus is recorded to have " wept "   , is the love between my grandparents .

They day before all this happened and everyone knew that his death was getting very close I was outside his hospital room and could hear my grandparents professing their love for God and each other 

and how God had blessed their lives , with my Grandfather finally saying to her  " I JUST DON"T WANT TO LEAVE YOU " .

In my mind I will always believe God was not going to let it end that way ,  with my grandmother first being lied to by me too gutless to tell her he had died  , then stepping from the cold  dark night  into a  room of strangers  to find him gone . 

I am always interested when I hear similar experiences ,  but always cautious  , recognizing  that there is nothing spiritual that Satan will not seek to exploit . 

" All things are yours "   (1 Corinthians 3 : 21 ) 

Lovely story! Glory glory glory to the Lord God Almighty!!! 

It wasnt your grandpas time to die. God knows when the time is. We can never know exactly why but I think the person who God wont let die just yet still has things to do for the glory of God. My brother was in hospice. The docs said he had days to live. 

Brian walked out of hospice a week later!! I personally think God knew Brians heart was not yet ready. Brian had unforgiveness on his heart. Brian lived another 9 months. In that time it was witnessed that he finally forgave and let all the bitterness go. God worked it all out in him through the healing of the Holy Spirit. Praise the Lord! God is so merciful to us. If we are truly his; his righteousness gets us to that narrow gate! He leads us unto the straight path.

I also have witnessed my mom physically dying but her spirit enrichening. She saw family when she was not conscious.  I think they were waiting fir her. She came back to tell those of us that were there at her bedside. I have witnessed the process of how God gets his children ready many times . It isnt the same for any two individuals but in all instances it is so beautiful, majestic, and divine! I praise the LORD! God is so good.