maryjayne

Joy and Compassion etc question

22 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Beloved MaryJane, ...way back when in another time and another counter I was a volunteer for a Information Referral and Crisis Intervention telephone Hotline....., ...................every Saturday night my wife's family has a BBQ, our donation is we prepare American dishes that they love, ...potato salad, mac&cheese, scalloped potatoes etc., while I was peeling 15# of potatoes the old Hotline mentality kicked in, ...here are some ideas bouncing around in my head, ...do you cook, if so, could you cook or bake things for a charitable group (preferable Christian) in your town to distribute, do you sew, knit, crochet or do embroidery that you could donate, ...is they a Information Referral and Crisis Intervention telephone Hotline you could volunteer to answer the phone from your home (I'm sure you could search google for more info).

From my limited time as a Christian in the States and from what I hear online there are good, solid, Bible based, Word teaching churches looking for volunteers, what I said about having the vertical in good order then the horizontal will fall into place, Father is listening to our conversation here at this very moment, He knows your heart and He knows your pain, Paul said every member of His church is to exercise the gift He has given them, you are needed in a church somewhere, with that in mind, ...Father could of already prepared the hearts of a congregation to come to you, just imagine sisters coming to you to help cook, or bring you supplies that you could sew or mend, ...or whatever might be their need, ...Father would provide the fellowship you need and you would become a vital, necessary part of the church. 

...dear sister, whatever you do, don't limit what God can do in your life, after all, He brought us out of darkness into His wonderful Light, ...anything else is just the icing on the cake!

May the Lord richly bless you...   

Thank you for your kind words. I live in a small, remote hamlet in Wales,UK, with no shop or church nearer than 14 miles away each way. 

• Praying for You! 3

I would also speak in agreemment with @JustPassingThru that fellowship often comes by way of mutual service. Aside from my husband, my best Christian friend is someone I actually met because God sent me to minister to her. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

2 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

Thank you for your kind words. I live in a small, remote hamlet in Wales,UK, with no shop or church nearer than 14 miles away each way. 

You want to hear a little secret? Most of my close friendships are long distance. Between telephones, email, video chat, and occasional visits, I am closer to them than I am to most family members. Our conversations involve a lot of prayer meetings, telephone Bible studies, and deep discussions. We drive to see each other a few times a year. I don’t feel like I’m missing anything.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

6 hours ago, maryjayne said:

are you male, by any chance?

anyway: no, you are wrong. Have you ever been isolated, alone, with no-one to hug, to hold, to sit beside you when you cry, to physically be there with you? caring for others 24/7 with no-one to exchange banter, chat, humour, all the inconsequential things which make up human connectedness? 

If God has not wanted us to be together with other humans, he would not command us to go to church, to fellowship, created us to need other humans.

There may be things lacking in my relationship with God, but I am not going to accept that my wanting a human companion to be with on an emotional, companionable way, is wrong.

Fellowship in the spirit is one thing. Enduring and finding ways to deal with a lack of simple connection with another non-AS human is another. You dont understand what I am saying at all.

I am a widow as of last year with only a small dog for companionship.  Another on Worthy is homebound caring for a child/ adult similar to your own but with other birth defects.  Still others have grandchildren that are autistic.  Keep praying for your son.  When my other dog was put down with cancer, my autistic next door neighbor came over and gave me a hug.  True it is not the embrace we long for, but it was still a hug and he is learning to empathize since being born again.   

God has been faithful to help me to count my blessings.  I do have sons and daughter in laws to pray with me when things get tough.  We keep in touch mostly by phone.  My pesky pooch starts begging for food 2 hours before it is time to eat, even barking till she gets food.  Very annoying.  But it breaks the silence of an empty house.  There is contact comfort in petting her and her warm tongue licking my hands.  She communicates with her eyes.   I thought I had lost her too a couple of weeks ago.  I guess we learn to be thankful for what we do have.  There is joy in that God promised to never leave or for sake me.  He has not.  He is faithful.  The kind of joy we have can occur in the midst of sorrow.  We trust that He will give us strength and guidance to get through whatever challenges we face.   There in comfort it His abiding presence.  He speaks to me through His word and through His still small voice within.   

• This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

2 minutes ago, Willa said:

I am a widow as of last year with only a small dog for companionship.  Another on Worthy is homebound caring for a child/ adult similar to your own but with other birth defects.  Still others have grandchildren that are autistic.  Keep praying for your son.  When my other dog was put down with cancer, my autistic next door neighbor came over and gave me a hug.  True it is not the embrace we long for, but it was still a hug and he is learning to empathize since being born again.   

God has been faithful to help me to count my blessings.  I do have sons and daughter in laws to pray with me when things get tough.  We keep in touch mostly by phone.  My pesky pooch starts begging for food 2 hours before it is time to eat, even barking till she gets food.  Very annoying.  But it breaks the silence of an empty house.  There is contact comfort in petting her and her warm tongue licking my hands.  She communicates with her eyes.   I thought I had lost her too a couple of weeks ago.  I guess we learn to be thankful for what we do have.  There is joy in that God promised to never leave or for sake me.  He has not.  He is faithful.  The kind of joy we have can occur in the midst of sorrow.  We trust that He will give us strength and guidance to get through whatever challenges we face.   There in comfort it His abiding presence.  He speaks to me through His word and through His still small voice within.   

I am sorry for you losses x

• Loved it! 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, maryjayne said:

and find out what is lacking in my journey with Christ.

I study the bible 2 to 5 hours a day, it gives me everything I have, I also get to interact with people, if you can't interact with people other than your husband and son, that's not healthy, can you move with them to another town.

1 minute ago, john1 said:

I study the bible 2 to 5 hours a day, it gives me everything I have, I also get to interact with people, if you can't interact with people other than your husband and son, that's not healthy, can you move with them to another town.

unfortunately, moving is not an option. 

3 hours ago, maryjayne said:

A hamlet? That means there are people close to you, people that you can bless with the Love of Christ.

14 miles..., what's 14 miles to our Father that holds all the waters of the oceans in the palm of His hand, He measures the universe with the span off His hand? 

Beloved, I have brothers and sisters, myself included, back in the States that would drive an hour or more if Father put it on their/our hearts, don't put a limit on what our Father can do, He is God and nothing is impossible for Him, His Agape love that sent His Son to the Cross for us was immeasurably more difficult for Him, the separation that for the first time in eternity past between Them, ...than the 14 miles or more between one of His children and you.

The just live by faith, have faith in Father's love for you...  

5 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Sister ,   I honestly don't care if the Vatican declares you as an enemy of truth .   YOU KNOW I LOVES YA .    Besides ,  who wants to be called a good christain by Rome .

You all have a good day now and do praise the LORD .  

That remark about being considered a “ good Christian”by Rome ......that was nice......loved it!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:
7 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Sister ,   I honestly don't care if the Vatican declares you as an enemy of truth .   YOU KNOW I LOVES YA .    Besides ,  who wants to be called a good christain by Rome .

You all have a good day now and do praise the LORD .  

That remark about being considered a “ good Christian”by Rome ......that was nice......loved it!

frienduff thaylorde.   Gotta love him............default_cool2.gif.f5e074bed6bf7e8d2f1f0f6619cb8328.gif

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1