New Bible

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Guys I got a new Bible this day, and I’m still dealing with the seared conscience hardened heart things, but can devoting my life to the Bible reform my conscience?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

I've read or listened to it over 200 times.

Matthew chapter 4 verse 4
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
Romans chapter 1 verse 28
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.

John chapter 8 verse 31,32
To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, " If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
2 John
 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.
Job chapter 23 verse 12
I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.

Matthew 11
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Luke chapter 21
33 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Romans chapter 10 
17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ.
Mark chapter 13
31 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
James chapter 1
25 But whoever looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues in it—not forgetting what they have heard, but doing it—they will be blessed in what they do.
James chapter 4
Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
Isaiah chapter 45 verse 19
I have not spoken in secret, from somewhere in a land of darkness; I have not said to Jacob's descendants, 'Seek me in vain.' I, the LORD, speak the truth; I declare what is right.
Jeremiah chapter 9
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this:
    that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
    justice and righteousness on earth,
    for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord.
Jeremiah chapter 5 verse 1
“Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem,
    look around and consider,
    search through her squares.
If you can find but one person
    who deals honestly and seeks the truth,
    I will forgive this city.
Psalm 119 verse 114
You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  237
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

8 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

Guys I got a new Bible this day, and I’m still dealing with the seared conscience hardened heart things, but can devoting my life to the Bible reform my conscience?

That's a question that I can give two answers to, Tyler2.

1. No, if you are devoted to the Bible for the wrong reasons, such as finding fault with it, or memorising Scriptures to show off your memorisation skills.
  2. Yes, if you are devoted to the Bible for the right reason, such as wanting to grow in Christ by establishing a solid doctrinal foundation and building on it.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 12/8/2018 at 12:53 PM, Tyler22 said:

Hi Tyler, It can't hurt. It could help. As to conscience specifically, the word of God shares of so many humans that have had to face their own new awareness of their own shame, as they faced God through one person or another in their lives, that as you read the Bible  I think you may find the answer to your question. I think you will find it to be a very positive answer for you.

As for me, the answer is summed up in one word, "Awe". I am in awe of my creator's willing sacrifice made for me personally. He died for the likes of me. He descended for the likes of me and for me individually. He rose again for the likes of me and for me personally. He has ascended to prepare a place special for me. He has paid full price for all my sin. It's price which is my eternal death is taken away from me, covered paid in full.

Only Satan the accuser, and his minions the demons, plus the ministers of distraction the many lost men on earth, work toward trying to cause me grief and concern about my sin and to work negatively upon my own conscience. I do not listen!  I do not fear for my Lord has washed me white as snow to be seen as pure and acceptable in the eyes of His father. And so, I get to praise and worship God, covered, and cleansed by God the son.

Reading that Bible you have purchased will help. Yes it sure will.  In time you will know just how often it's words come to mind and provide the armor of protection for you from the evil doers, both those in spirit and also those in flesh that will rail on against you before God and to God.

Praise God for his mercy and grace on you and me. His Son's victory over death is ours too. It is so for all that believe on Jesus as Lord God and personal savior. To read and to know God's inspired word the Bible is to know the certainty of the hope that is Jesus, for the Bible is the reveal of Jesus our Lord and by whom all that are saved to have eternal life with God are given by  our Lord's Father. Jesus is the Good Shepherd, He is also the sacrificial Lamb that is awesome hope that is certain for you and for me.  

Turn to Jesus,  hear the Holy Spirit  heed the Holy Spirit, and read the word in prayer and in thoughtful review, have a grand time praising God in all matters all the time. Amen

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:53 AM, Tyler22 said:

When The Scripture's precepts are foremost in your mind and activity you have this promise from God

Eph 5:26-27

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
KJV

2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

Naturally one must have the new birth of regeneration to begin with.... this by coming to Jesus with nothing of keeping, not even the self you were in, and ask for Him to save you from the death and error you have been born in and are.... because it is in this new birth, He creates, the above will work with!