• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,239
  • Content Per Day:  0.86
  • Days Won:  6

23 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

Below is a list of false prophets and teachers.

Many of these have MEGA CHURCHES, with tens of thousands of people. With many tens of thousands more tuning in on TV and internet. That's many millions of followers. 

This is why there will be Great Tribulation. To thin these flocks. Weed out the sheep from the goats. The righteous from the unrighteous. Will most of them "fall"? I would think so. This is the "falling away" from the faith that Paul talks about. Most don't have a clue!

FALSE PROPHETS AND TEACHERS...Benny Hinn, T.D. Jakes, Robert Schuller, Marilyn Hickey, Paul and Jan Crouch, Rod Parsley, R.W. Shambach, Carlton Pearson, John Avanzinni, Kenneth & Gloria Copeland, John Hagee, Jessie Duplantis, Oral Roberts, Richard Roberts, Kenneth Hagin Sr., Kenneth Hagin Jr., Frederick Price, Creflo Dollar, Rodney Howard Browne, Jack Van Impe, Rinehard Bonnke, Joyce Meyer, Morris Cerullo, John Kilpatrick, Clarence McClendon, Rick Joyner, Hal Lindsey, Charles Capps, Robert Tilton.

FALSE PROPHETS...Ellen G. White, Joseph Smith, Kim Clement, Mark Charonna, Juanita Bynum, Brigham Young, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Jack Van Impe, John Kilpatrick.

HERETICAL BOOKS & MOVEMENTS ... New World Translation, Kenneth Copeland Study Bible, Book of Mormon, Brownsville Revival, Azusu Street Revival, Pensacola Outpouring, Holy Laughter, Slain in the Spirit, Gospel in the Stars, Endtime Restorationism, Perpetual 5-Fold Ministry, Free Masonry.

PROBLEMATIC TEACHERS ... Pat Robertson, D. James Kennedy, Joel Osteen.

Hey Joe,

is your criteria for FALSE anyone who doesn’t agree with your way of thinking. 

For example...All pre Trib teachers are false teachers.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

11 minutes ago, Spock said:

Hey Joe,

is your criteria for FALSE anyone who doesn’t agree with your way of thinking. 

For example...All pre Trib teachers are false teachers.

Hi Spock,

No!.

There are many notable men of God who teach pretrib.

Pretrib is not a salvation issue. It is illogical.

There seems to be no consensus among them. One says it will be before the Tribulation (3 1/2 years), another says before the Tribulation (7 years), while another says during the 70th week. Another will say between the 5th and 6th seal, and then the tribulation begins. 

One of the biggest blunders that I see is their twisting of scripture. Like in 2 Thes 2:3. They say the "apostasy" is the rapture. So now you have "Let no one in any way deceive you, for it (DOTL and the gathering of the saints) will not come unless the "rapture" comes first. Makes absolutely no sense.

Another is Mathew 24. They say it was written for the Jews, and so it only pertains to them. 

Well, of course it was written to the Jews. All the Gospels were. So are we to not follow anything in the Gospels for this reason?  A person can't pick and choose what fits and doesn't fit their way of thinking. Again, illogical!

That's only a few. There are many more.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

In Thessalonians,  didn't the Apostle Paul, Yahweh's messenger,   expose the 1st century false teachers who had already claimed pre-trib and were seeking to disturb the rest of the assembly of Ekklesia ?

I don't remember the details.....

17 minutes ago, JoeCanada said:

Hi Spock,

No!.

There are many notable men of God who teach pretrib.

Pretrib is not a salvation issue. It is illogical.

There seems to be no consensus among them. One says it will be before the Tribulation (3 1/2 years), another says before the Tribulation (7 years), while another says during the 70th week. Another will say between the 5th and 6th seal, and then the tribulation begins. 

One of the biggest blunders that I see is their twisting of scripture. Like in 2 Thes 2:3. They say the "apostasy" is the rapture. So now you have "Let no one in any way deceive you, for it (DOTL and the gathering of the saints) will not come unless the "rapture" comes first. Makes absolutely no sense.

Another is Mathew 24. They say it was written for the Jews, and so it only pertains to them. 

Well, of course it was written to the Jews. All the Gospels were. So are we to not follow anything in the Gospels for this reason?  A person can't pick and choose what fits and doesn't fit their way of thinking. Again, illogical!

That's only a few. There are many more.

Two names stood out to me...Hal Lindsey top of the list.  The Lord used his Late Great book to save me.  I’m not alone on this either.

you can see why I’m taken back by seeing his name. I don’t think the Lord used a FP to save me. 

Edited by Spock

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

13 minutes ago, Spock said:

Two names stood out to me...Hal Lindsey top of the list.  The Lord used his Late Great book to save me.  I’m not alone on this either.

you can see why I’m taken back by seeing his name. I don’t think the Lord used a FP to save me. 

Yes,  He did. Or at least he is a FP.  Save you ?  is another testimony to be tested, right ? 

I read that book long ago also,  and at first 'liked it',  as it did state some truth,

but hal got exposed for his false prophecies and false teaching direction soon after that,  and apparently never recanted the errors nor repented of them,  but continued them.   Subject to re-verification of course - i.e. do not take anyone's word for it, 

but go find out from HIS OWN WORDS,  and test by Scripture,  as required.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

15 minutes ago, Spock said:

His book woke many people to the fact that we are living at the "end of time" and sparked research into the scriptures that normally wouldn't have occurred, without his book, even if it was to prove/disprove his predictions. 

It's due to the "Debate" about his book, that the world/Christians have become aware of the many "predictions" about the end times. 

In that "respect", I think both him and his book accomplished "their purpose", that is making people aware of "Scripture". 

God does work in "mysterious ways".

In a message recorded in 1979 Hal Lindsey made the following predictions …

*Lindsey predicts a limited nuclear war before 1984 and an all out world war before 1989 

*Lindsey predicts that the world will run out of all raw materials before 1986 

*Lindsey predicts that the “Jupiter Effect” will occur in 1982 and at that time dams will burst and nuclear power plants will have major melt downs 

*Lindsey predicts that the European Union will be the most powerful entity in the world by the mid 1980’s 

*Lindsey announces that the Antichrist is alive and well in Europe as he is making this speech and will soon make his appearance 

*Lindsey predicts the murder of all Mormons 

*Lindsey says that by the end of the 1980’s the Arab nations will have a complete strangle hold on America and dominate the wealth of the U.S. 

*Lindsey predicts that Russia will invade Jerusalem in the 1980’s and that the U.S. will be powerless to do anything about it. 

*Lindsey announces to the people of his audience that the rapture will occur in their lifetime. 

According to Hal Lindsey all of these predictions are based on “Clear Bible prophecies”. 

1 hour ago, JoeCanada said:

His book woke many people to the fact that we are living at the "end of time" and sparked research into the scriptures that normally wouldn't have occurred, without his book, even if it was to prove/disprove his predictions. 

It's due to the "Debate" about his book, that the world/Christians have become aware of the many "predictions" about the end times. 

In that "respect", I think both him and his book accomplished "their purpose", that is making people aware of "Scripture". 

God does work in "mysterious ways".

In a message recorded in 1979 Hal Lindsey made the following predictions …

*Lindsey predicts a limited nuclear war before 1984 and an all out world war before 1989 

*Lindsey predicts that the world will run out of all raw materials before 1986 

*Lindsey predicts that the “Jupiter Effect” will occur in 1982 and at that time dams will burst and nuclear power plants will have major melt downs 

*Lindsey predicts that the European Union will be the most powerful entity in the world by the mid 1980’s 

*Lindsey announces that the Antichrist is alive and well in Europe as he is making this speech and will soon make his appearance 

*Lindsey predicts the murder of all Mormons 

*Lindsey says that by the end of the 1980’s the Arab nations will have a complete strangle hold on America and dominate the wealth of the U.S. 

*Lindsey predicts that Russia will invade Jerusalem in the 1980’s and that the U.S. will be powerless to do anything about it. 

*Lindsey announces to the people of his audience that the rapture will occur in their lifetime. 

According to Hal Lindsey all of these predictions are based on “Clear Bible prophecies”. 

Well, he definitely qualifies for being a false prophet seeing he is not batting 100%.