• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,238
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0

Prophecy from 2Thes 2:3 happening now.

In 2 Thes 2:3, the Apostle Paul warned that " Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come except there come a falling away first.....

Well, it's happening now.....And in a big way.

“Between 6,000 and 10,000 churches in the U.S. are dying each year” 

"America is littered with thousands upon thousands of church buildings that aren’t being used anymore.  As you will see below, between 6,000 and 10,000 churches are dying in the United States every single year, and that means that more than 100 will die this week alone.  And of course thousands of others are on life support.  All over the country this weekend, small handfuls of people will gather in huge buildings which once boasted very large congregations.  At one time, America was widely considered to be “a Christian nation”, but that really isn’t true anymore."

"Today, less than 20 percent of all Americans attend church on a regular basis."

"just 10 percent of all young adults were “religiously unaffiliated”, but now that number has jumped all the way to 39 percent…"

"We are living at a time when there is a mass exodus from the Christian faith in America, and it is likely going to take something quite dramatic to reverse that trend.

In 1776, every European American, with the exception of about 2,500 Jews, identified himself or herself as a Christian. Moreover, approximately 98 percent of the colonists were Protestants, with the remaining 1.9 percent being Roman Catholics.

Not only did early Americans identify themselves as Christians, but nearly all of them regularly attended church.

Now our society is moving very rapidly in the exact opposite direction, and many believe that this has tremendous implications for the future of our nation.

You can read the article here:

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/between-6000-and-10000-churches-in-the-u-s-are-dying-each-year-and-that-means-that-over-100-will-die-this-week

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  907
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1866

I hate it but you are right, I travel a lot with the job I have, I see churches boarded up all across the country 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,600
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  2

In my opinion we are seeing a moving away from the church building. That may mean we are seeing a 'falling away' from the faith as well, or maybe not. From my experience the message in the church buildings is not so much 'watered down' as massaged in order to build the roster. While this is of great concern the 'falling away' from 2 Thess 2:3 is likely going to be a vast in scope and very fast. 

From what I read about end time prophecy it sure looks as though the belly will guide the mind due to physically affective global events, hence a mass exodus to the dark side, in favor of what can be seen and not "...the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.".

• Thumbs Up 3

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,987
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

•  Then they will deliver you to tribulation, and will kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name.  At that time many will fall away and will betray one another and hate one another.  Matthew 24:9-10

While I agree that many are losing interest in "going to church" for a variety of reasons, the above verse correlates the falling away to the time of global tribulation by the phrase "At that time."  Many will stumble in their faith when they are forced to decide quickly between losing their life because of their faith or saving their life by worshiping the false prophet.  The mark and the image will serve the purpose of segregation.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,543
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

19 hours ago, JoeCanada said:

In 2 Thes 2:3, the Apostle Paul warned that " Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come except there come a falling away first.....

"America is littered with thousands upon thousands of church buildings that aren’t being used anymore.  As you will see below, between 6,000 and 10,000 churches are dying in the United States every single year, and that means that more than 100 will die this week alone.  And of course thousands of others are on life support.  All over the country this weekend, small handfuls of people will gather in huge buildings which once boasted very large congregations.  At one time, America was widely considered to be “a Christian nation”, but that really isn’t true anymore."

"Today, less than 20 percent of all Americans attend church on a regular basis."

"just 10 percent of all young adults were “religiously unaffiliated”, but now that number has jumped all the way to 39 percent…"

"We are living at a time when there is a mass exodus from the Christian faith in America, and it is likely going to take something quite dramatic to reverse that trend.

In 1776, every European American, with the exception of about 2,500 Jews, identified himself or herself as a Christian. Moreover, approximately 98 percent of the colonists were Protestants, with the remaining 1.9 percent being Roman Catholics.

Not only did early Americans identify themselves as Christians, but nearly all of them regularly attended church.

Now our society is moving very rapidly in the exact opposite direction, and many believe that this has tremendous implications for the future of our nation.

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/between-6000-and-10000-churches-in-the-u-s-are-dying-each-year-and-that-means-that-over-100-will-die-this-week

Shalom, JoeCanada.

Why is it that we immediately decide that the interpretation of this verse is talking about a "falling away" from church?! There's another interpretation if one is willing to look at the context:

2 Thessalonians 2:1-12 (KJV)

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first (Greek: ho apostasia prooton = "the divorce first"), and that man of sin (Greek: ho anthroopos tees anomias = "the man of-the no-Law-[of-Moses]") be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. 5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity (Greek: to ... musteerion ... tees anomias = "the secret of-the no-Law-[of-Moses]") doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. 
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This is not a "falling away from church"; this is a "divorcing themselves from the Law of Moses!"

Now, as to the other matter,...

Churches die because they have no substance! Empty ritual and orders of services can leave a person wanting more. Adults "grin and bear it," but teens won't tolerate it. If they've been forced to go to church as a child or young teenager, when they are old enough to make their own decisions, they're going to reject the mindlessness of going to church for the sake of going to church!

The ONLY THING that's going to satisfy a person is a true relationship with God. That means that they don't just "pray"; they TALK to God and on a daily basis! They need to know that He is accessible and not only willing to hear their "prayers," but WANTS to have communication with His children!

Some people pray like this (some with exaggerated pomp):

"Our Father who is in Heaven, ....
In Jesus' name, Amen."

Sometimes, I believe God just wants to hear, "Daddy, I love you." And, THAT'S ALL (because THAT'S ENOUGH)! People need to KNOW that God is always present to hear their prayers, and they need to be aware of God's presence at all times and to feel comfortable with God enough to simply whisper "I love you" any time during the day!

Most come to God ASKING for something. God is NOT some "Cosmic Santa Claus!" We can ask for some things, but we need to ask for them in the will of God; that is, we need to be confident that it is something that God wants, too! For instance, we can pray confidently for God to justify someone, because we know that "God is not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance!" So, when we come to Him for that person, we need to name the person's name and be specific in our request! Then, we need to be willing to do our part to introduce him or her to God - to be God's mouthpiece to that person!

We can know the other half of the conversation by reading the Scriptures, specifically looking at how God spoke to those in the records of God's Word. The more we know the Scriptures, particularly those parts where God was actually doing the talking, the more we will know how God thinks about things! The more we know what "pushed God's buttons," so to speak, the more intelligently we can pray to Him.

David was said to be "a man after God's own heart" when he was anointed as a teen, having just come in from taking care of the sheep. He was still a "man after God's own heart" when he cut off Golyat's (Goliath's) head and held it up for all to see!

Phinehas was praised by God and given "a covenant of an everlasting priesthood" because he was "zealous for his God" the day he ran his javelin through the bellies of the man of Israel (Zimriy) and the woman of Midian (Kaazbiy) who were having relations IN SPITE of God's command to Israel not to comingle with the Midianites!

You want a dramatic change in our churches? Be zealous for our God and for His Anointed - His Mashiyach - His Messiah - the Son of God, Yeshua`!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

I guess so, many only praise God with lips but hv no mercy for others.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10

On 12/8/2018 at 3:21 PM, JoeCanada said:

Make no mistake: while some fall away here, millions are coming to the Lord in Africa, China, etc. The true church is growing, not shrinking.

When we all get to heaven and can ask Paul, we will find out Paul did not mean  "a falling away" but rather a catching away as in a departure (from the earth).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.10

19 hours ago, Cletus said:

this scripture refutes that. 

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

You IMAGINE this scripture refutes it. The truth is hidden in Paul's word, "apostasia." It was first translated into English several times as a "DEPARTING." But when you notice that in verse 3b the man of sin IS REVEALED, then you will have to admit, the force being "taken out of the way" must - absolutely must - be hidden in verse 3a  - allowing the man of sin to be revealed in 3b. 

The only possible word in verse 3a that fits is the word Apostasia. In other words, Paul's use of that word must be the one restraining being taken out of the way. Sorry, but a falling away (from what Paul did not specify) does not fit the rest of the text However, the departing of the church as in the rapture DOES fit. It is the Holy Spirit working through the church that restrains the man of sin. Once we are gone, departed, the man of sin will be revealed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 minutes ago, Cletus said:

I do not have to imagine anything, all i need to do is look around.  its already happening.  and apostasia has nothing to do with rapture.

G646
ἀποστασία
apostasia
ap-os-tas-ee'-ah
Feminine of the same as G647; defection from truth (properly the state), (“apostasy”): - falling away, forsake.
Total KJV occurrences: 2

it is you who are imagining as none of the words to signify Jesus' return is found in that scripture... phanerosis, epiphaneia, apokalysis, hemera, rapture. 

That's right Cletus ,   never fall for what many now sell .    Paul knew , JESUS said it first ,  and others knew a great fallingaway from the faith and sound doctrine

would occur specially near the end .

But most folks cant see it , that is already began .  Heck they calling it unity and love .    YEAH I said unity and love .   IT IS the inclusive unity move THAT IS the GREAT GREAT falling

away that is birthing faster and faster .    LOOK around people .   LOOK AROUND .    CLETUS IS RIGHT ,  its all over the place .  But most call it unity and love .  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 minutes ago, Cletus said:

its already happening.  sad but uplifting at the same time.  being able to see The Bible coming to pass right in front of us.  Knowing God is bring this to pass to fulfill His will and plan.  as we see these things happening it should encourage us to be more like the five wise virgins.  because those who do see whats going on know lucy has been busy, i mean busy.  its impressive how hard something would work to deceive people.  I find myself being beside myself when i see the things people are saying and doing these days.  i mean, teaching to obey Gods commands is being a legalist.... you can be a homosexual and a christian... and on and on... i would have thought peoples ears would have fallen off long ago from excessive scratching.  places in Africa... they wont even receive words from american missionaries anymore, and they say where are you getting these teachings, its not in the bible.  

Yep and now we seeing it rise , swell with leaven .    cause folks see any warners as HATERS .

Folks done got prepared to not hear any who warns  .    BUT if they come with a ten foot smile and say the word love at least every other sentence , they can teach all the evil they want

and folks just think OH see how  they LOVE they must be of GOD .     Got so bad now ,   over fifty one percent , OF EVEN so called evangelicals , NOW THINK GOD is okay

with other religons , that JESUS IS NOT THE ONLY WAY .     OH , but they say LOVE LOVE , so they JUST MUST BE men of GOD .  this generation is doomed to perdition and destruction .

Just come in hollering unity and love and they just sit like well trained dogs and eat the treats of their masters tables .    WELL I am going to expose it all .

NO MATTER what the cost ,  NO MATTER What .    FOr if we love GOD first and foremost and from that we see how to truly love people , then we expose the false and their doctrines .

Edited by frienduff thaylorde