Figure of eighty

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77
  • Days Won:  0

I do and it's kind of uncomfortable. Everyone there is happy and married with families. 

I think I may just do online sermons on Sundays... For those that go to church alone how do you deal with it?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

23 minutes ago, Figure of eighty said:

I do and it's kind of uncomfortable. Everyone there is happy and married with families. 

I think I may just do online sermons on Sundays... For those that go to church alone how do you deal with it?

It all depends on our motives. I went to church alone for several years, but it was not for fellowship as it was that I was searching for God in my Life. It says if any man comes to God he must believe that God a is and is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. Our commitment must stand the test of time. After thirty five years my Family is seeking God as well Now I am able to stand with others here who know more than I. 

Edited by Mike Mclees

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

Hopefully you go to Church to Worship Jesus, for with Him you are never alone.

I still feel alone and like I stick out. I may just look at sermons online and read by myself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I have gone to church Sundays and Wednesdays all alone for the past 30-odd years.  

How do I handle it?  I just get up and go.  People speak to me and I speak to them.  We discuss the lesson together in Sunday School.

On days that it gets me down - I say to myself that I'm not here for me and just jump in and get involved.

The longer you stay away because you say it's uncomfortable - the more uncomfortable it will get.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I go everywhere alone.  Yes, sometimes it is uncomfortable, but I don't let that stop me.

9 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I go everywhere alone.  Yes, sometimes it is uncomfortable, but I don't let that stop me.

Yeah I go most places alone too. 

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Figure of eighty said:

Yeah I go most places alone too. 

The most uncomfortable place to go is a restaurant, people can't help but stare at someone dining alone.  Not sure why that is.   :laugh:

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

The most uncomfortable place to go is a restaurant, people can't help but stare at someone dining alone.  Not sure why that is.   :laugh:

Maybe they want some of your French fries? ?

Edited by Jayne
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,872
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

38 minutes ago, wingnut- said:

I used to work from 3AM to noon and ate by myself at times....   if someone else was eating alone I have just boldly walked up and told them I hated to eat alone and asked if we could eat together....   made some interesting conversations and a couple of times we would show up at the same places and just join without asking....   and invite others if they came in by themselves.     When I retired we had 18 people that met at a donut shop every morning that started like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

One thing that's good about your church is there are families and if everyone is married that means there is no divorce, well if they are with their original partner, and that can be a sign of a good fellowship. Focus on discipleship, being discipled and praying that God would use you to disciple others.

Do they have a brothers meeting now and then or a men's bible study?

Many fellowships are so focused on teens and children that adults tend to be neglected in discipleship. It's just something that happens. Prayer and honesty is a wonderful way to go in a healthy fellowship. I hope there's sound teaching in your church. 

A brother in the Lord would call me after I had moved away and struggled to find a fellowship, many times being discouraged. He would mention Proverbs 18:1. Sounds harsh but it kept me trying and when I found a decent place to go I was more easily contented to stay.

"He who separates himself seeks his own desire, he quarrels against all sound wisdom" nasb

Proverbs, got to love them. Hard to get very far without conviction.