• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Yowm said:

Hopefully you go to Church to Worship Jesus, for with Him you are never alone.

He is with me and we are together every day in ways you would not know. Its like a song I sing " He's my friend and brother even though He is King". After I pray he speaks to me through my daily bread about what I had just prayed only five minutes before. Times I'm almost speechless. I have times of feeling lonely now that Susan is g one. When we had her funeral Three days latter Ihad prayed and read my devotion it was of temporary goodbys. It was titled "Goodbye For Now" I still have that book in a sealed baggie next to her Picture on my desk The last words she spoke to me were "I Love you Mike" Those words are on the picture I look at every day. It was by this I know she is waiting for me at the Lords side as I know there are many loved ones waiting for theirs. 

Be blessed all of you and know all is well.

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,778
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

4 hours ago, Figure of eighty said:

I do and it's kind of uncomfortable. Everyone there is happy and married with families. 

I think I may just do online sermons on Sundays... For those that go to church alone how do you deal with it?

I've perused a few of your posts, Figure of eighty, and it seems you are in a deprivation zone with regard to joy and gladness. Satan, the arch-enemy of Christ and all Bible-believing Christians wants to deprive you of the joy and gladness that knowing Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour should produce in you. Satan employs many devices to do this and one of them is distraction, which is why the writer of Hebrews was inspired to urge us to put every hinderance aside and keep looking to Christ as our source of faith and example of endurance, not to any circumstances or any congregation or any counterfeit Christianity.

Heb 12:1-
(1)  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which does so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
(2)  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
(3)  For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest you be wearied and faint in your minds.
(4)  You have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Whenever you feel deprived of the joy and gladness of knowing Christ as your Lord and Saviour you could bring to mind these verses from Habakkuk 3: 17-19 which have been put to music;

Hab 3:17-19
(17)  Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
(18)  Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
(19)  The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon my high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

The challenge for you, Figure of eighty, is not letting your deprivation of warm, genuine, edifying, reciprocal fellowship rob you of the joy and gladness that should be yours if you are in fact redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. Don't let Satan get the victory just because your fellowship needs are not being met in your present situation. Of course if you are wise in the ways of the Lord you will be led to greener pastures by Him soon enough. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  239
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,542
  • Content Per Day:  0.77

On 12/9/2018 at 2:48 PM, wingnut- said:

The most uncomfortable place to go is a restaurant, people can't help but stare at someone dining alone.  Not sure why that is.   :laugh:

I have no iissuess. With restaurants... It's just church 

Because everyone else is paired off and happy and I feel some probably look at me with pity bc I'm by myself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,899
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/10/2018 at 2:48 AM, wingnut- said:

The most uncomfortable place to go is a restaurant, people can't help but stare at someone dining alone.  Not sure why that is.   :laugh:

Just a feeling, nobody cares.

I actually wish i did go to church alone! How wonderful to just have a couple of hours to worship God and immerse yourself in Him with hynmns and scripture and communion, in silence oh blessed silence!

I give lifts to 3 other ladies. They talk incessantly. In the car, as we wait for the service to start, even during the wait as we go up in rows to communion and then chatter chatter over coffee afterwards. It's a social club!

I yearn for anonymity. Silence. I like to sit quietly and read the hymns, pray and get into the mood to be with God. 

So maybe you are in fact lucky to have peace. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,158
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

On 12/9/2018 at 10:01 AM, Figure of eighty said:

I do and it's kind of uncomfortable. Everyone there is happy and married with families. 

I think I may just do online sermons on Sundays... For those that go to church alone how do you deal with it?

I go to church alone every Sunday, unless I'm giving someone a ride also. I do it because it where the Lord wants me according to His Word, and its one of the few places where I can find other believers. Feelings change, and yes, there are days I don't feel like going. That's usually when I really need to go to church because we need to worship as a local body at some point. Like a soldier stuck behind enemy lines, its dangerous for a believer to skip the fellowship be it in a church building, house church, or something else. Isolation is dangerous. I'm going to do what I know the Lord wants me to do, and if someone has an issue with it - that's on them, not me.

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

1 hour ago, walla299 said:

I go to church alone every Sunday, unless I'm giving someone a ride also. I do it because it where the Lord wants me according to His Word, and its one of the few places where I can find other believers. Feelings change, and yes, there are days I don't feel like going. That's usually when I really need to go to church because we need to worship as a local body at some point. Like a soldier stuck behind enemy lines, its dangerous for a believer to skip the fellowship be it in a church building, house church, or something else. Isolation is dangerous. I'm going to do what I know the Lord wants me to do, and if someone has an issue with it - that's on them, not me.

Bro you stole my testimony. I do the same thing. My neighbor has no car. I drive to the store, doctors appointments. two Brother we know well I have always been there to take them. I never ask for one penny for gas nor excepted any My walled never goes empty, 

Be blessed

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

When I do go I go alone. 

Often I don't, I'm secure in my relationship with God but I know I also need the fellowship but I don't want to treat Church as some dating site either. 

I've been struggling with this. 

So you aren't alone. 

Reading scripture isn't a replacement for an actual human because that's how He made us. We sorta need that I think. 

But its hard when you can't participate, or feel you can't, because you are alone. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The s/Spiritual walk with God is first

Matt 22:37-40

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.
understanding obedience is how we are enabled to show His Love within us back to Him... so then when this is established and we are no longer alone s/Spiritually
the use of us in the obedience of now turns to others with this strength.... it's all about God's pleasure and glory....

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
KJV

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I have attended church alone for the last 10 years or so.  I find it peaceful.  I can focus on the service and message and it's wonderful.  I've never gotten the impression that some one is looking at me with pity.