turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

I’m not sure you could say this is my favorite verse(s) but it is my goal, dream, hope and desire that like Paul at the end of His life he could confidently say;

“7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.”

To be able to say that from a pure and clean heart. Oh the glory. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 2

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

@Jayne Thanks for participating in this thread.

On 12/9/2018 at 3:18 PM, Jayne said:

I really, really like this.  I like the brevity of it.  I keeps the totality of your Christian faith in front of you without having to preach an extended sermon or memorize entire passages or waffle back and forth in trying explain what you believe and why.

:)I'm so glad you like it. It was an idea God gave me one day 'just out of the blue' and I was excited to share it. I like your point about the brevity being helpful in situations of sharing the gospel.

On 12/9/2018 at 3:18 PM, Jayne said:

or me - 

GospelRomans 10:9-10 ="...Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved"

Goal:  Galatians 2:20 = "I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Guidance:  Matthew 6:33 = "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added to you."

I think yours are:thumbsup: excellent choices. GBU.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

Sorry, I cannot decide............I mentally repeat them both daily......

8d358c0331f578283a82a2b7a1328c03.jpg.2e2fc1e4bd4556712bc4f6817263ca14.jpg  whatever-is-noble-etc.jpg.01f958e03f6e1c9018256ddcd2a75995.jpg

They deserve to be framed in gold........ 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2

12 hours ago, Gary Lee said:

Sorry, I cannot decide............I mentally repeat them both daily......

8d358c0331f578283a82a2b7a1328c03.jpg.2e2fc1e4bd4556712bc4f6817263ca14.jpg  whatever-is-noble-etc.jpg.01f958e03f6e1c9018256ddcd2a75995.jpg

They deserve to be framed in gold........ 

:emot-nod: They definitely deserve that! Philippians 4:8 is my guidance verse to regulate my thought life.

Thanks for adding verse 9. This speaks of godly instructions being put into godly practices (the right thoughts=the right actions.) :teeth_smile:

You are right about 1 John 1:8-9. This is a scripture all Christians certainly need. It tells us what to do when we commit sin (and reassures us that He truly forgives us. This is vital since Satan, the accuser of the brethren will do what he can to put us under condemnation. ) My policy is to 'keep a short laundry list with God.' Confess quickly after the sin to keep in fellowship with the Lord.  

• Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

I like this one in phillipians .

BUT I have ALL and I abound .   

That right their sums up the entire hope of our faith .

It sums up exactly where our hope and trust should be and in nothing else .

It shows the hope one has no matter what comes against them .

FOR PAUL wrote it ,  while he had been stripped of all and in prison and awaiting a death sentence .

Which He did not see as a death sentence , but rather as this ,    TO LIVE IS CHRIST TO DIE IS GAIN .

• Praise God! 1

@frienduff thaylorde Not sure, so I decided to ask ya. Is the one that you are referring to found in Philippians 4:18? Is it this one below?

“But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, well pleasing to God.” 

Our fullness is spiritual. It is in Christ and not our circumstances.

It made me think of another scripture.:)

Philippians 4:11-13 KJV

"Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."

• This is Worthy 1

59 minutes ago, Vince said:

This is a great thread.

@Vince :)Thanks. I'm glad you are being blessed by it. 

1 hour ago, Vince said:

Eph 5:16-17 (ESV)

Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.

:amen:This is so true. Time simply flies by! I've noticed that each year seems to pass more rapidly.

ESV is a good rendering of these scriptures. I also like the way the KJV reads..."Redeeming the time for the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is." 

Vince, it's nice having you participate in my thread. I see you are a new member and I look forward to interacting with you more in the forums. Welcome to Worthy.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/9/2018 at 3:00 PM, Not me said:

I’m not sure you could say this is my favorite verse(s) but it is my goal, dream, hope and desire that like Paul at the end of His life he could confidently say;

“7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.”

To be able to say that from a pure and clean heart. Oh the glory. 

Much love in Christ, Not me 

@Not me I was looking at this post of yours again today and it stirred my heart. I have that yearning, too.

I think about what Jesus said in the Parable of the Talents (found in Matthew 25:14-30.) In verse 23,"His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’"

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1