douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

There is a difference in the gospels preached by Peter and Paul.

It is evident by the preaching of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Below, Peter was speaking;

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

According to Peter, Christ was raised to sit on the throne of David in the coming earthly kingdom.

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

According to Paul's gospel above, Christ died for our sins; as our substitute; to satisfy and appease the wrath, justice, and righteousness of God.

The cross of Jesus Christ provided our atonement.

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification.

This is the gospel we are to believe and trust alone for our salvation and eternal life.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

2 hours ago, douge said:

This is the gospel we are to believe and trust alone for our salvation and eternal life.

1 John chapter 2 verse 2

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

James chapter 2 verse 13

because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

I don't think you can trust in Jesus alone for eternal life, because he died for everyone's sins, you also have to show mercy just as he showed you.

Matthew chapter 18 verse 27, 28

The servant's master took pity on him, canceled the debt and let him go.

"But when that servant went out, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred silver coins. He grabbed him and began to choke him. 'Pay back what you owe me!' he demanded.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, john1 said:

I don't think you can trust in Jesus alone for eternal life, because he died for everyone's sins, you also have to show mercy just as he showed you.

There is nothing we can do to be saved.  Nothing.  No works will save.

Yes, you trust Jesus Christ alone for eternal life.  The Bible says so over and over.

Once you ARE saved, mercy should flow as evidence of salvation.  So should love, joy, peace......

These things do not and cannot save.  Period.  But they should be part of our Christian walk.

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Good responces people ? 

Yes there is only One Gospel, One Way to eternal salvation..

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

13 hours ago, douge said:

There is a difference in the gospels preached by Peter and Paul.

It is evident by the preaching of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Below, Peter was speaking;

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

According to Peter, Christ was raised to sit on the throne of David in the coming earthly kingdom.

Romans 4:24 But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

4:25 Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

According to Paul's gospel above, Christ died for our sins; as our substitute; to satisfy and appease the wrath, justice, and righteousness of God.

He was buried.

He rose again for our justification.

I'm sorry, but where is the difference?

Where did Peter specify an earthly kingdom? He said that Christ was "exalted to the right hand of God." (Acts 2:33) And according to Paul, Christ "is seated at God's right hand in the heavenly realms."(Ephesians 1:20)

And Peter agrees: "Christ Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness." (I Peter 2:24) Also, "Christ suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." (I Peter 3:18)

There is indeed only one gospel.

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

12 hours ago, Jayne said:

There is nothing we can do to be saved.

Matthew chapter 9 verse 13

But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, john1 said:

Matthew chapter 9 verse 13

But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Alright, then.

How MUCH mercy must we show to be saved?  Would assisting one old woman with putting her groceries in her car be enough?  Or would the compassion have to extend to feeding the homeless everyday between Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Where's the cut of point of mercy that we can say, "Here's the line in the sand, I'm saved now."

Jesus wasn't telling the Pharisees that one has to show compassion to others to be saved.  Please read the context.

He was telling the Pharisees that HE was showing compassion on the sinners that they complained about him eating with.  Jesus was the one showing compassion as God instructed in Hosea 6.

5 hours ago, Jayne said:

Jesus wasn't telling the Pharisees that one has to show compassion to others to be saved. 

Jesus died for the sins of the whole world, now we need to show mercy.