• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

Colossians 2:17 (NASB)
things which are a [mere] shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

The “things” spoken about are that which the law pointed to. Sabbath days, new moons, festivals,  fulfilling those things that were written in the law to do, i.e,  the Ten Commandments, etc

“but the substance belongs to Christ”

Meaning that those things that were written about under the Old Covenant, were to be  brought to manifestation in the lives of those that would turn to Christ. 

We read God’s promise’s; 

“to give us a new heart”

“to give us a new spirit”

“to teach us to walk in His ways”

and moreover to “cause us to walk in His statutes and keep them”

These are what is to be brought to manifestation in the believers life. In real time, in the here and now, experienced personally by each and every believer,  in this life. 

The realization of,  and actually being put in possession of, the new heart, new spirit, and  being taught His ways, even to the “causing us to walk in  His statutes and keep them”. 

This is what growing in the faith is. What is meant in the words “being conformed to His likeness in all things”

Paul writes of those that have been babes in Christ for to long a time. He goes on to say we should be leaving the elementary things of Christ such as “repentance from dead works” which is just another way of saying the “works of self,” or of the “self life.” These things, as the believer grows, should be, by degree, line upon line, glory to glory,  being seen in a much smaller and smaller degree in the believers life. Paul also writes of those things that are of “no use against the flesh and it’s indulgences.” For the Christian walk is to overcome the flesh and it’s indulgences.

If this is not happening there is a problem somewhere. 

Meaning that there are those things that do overcome, and make the “flesh” of less and less of a manifestation in the believers life, and these things are to be sought after and put forth. 

“But the substance belongs to Christ”

Meaning that those that are Christ’s, God has made a way for them to walk in newness of life. 

For His children growing to maturity is what God’s heart is after. So let us be of the mind and heart that we will search out, and whatever is necessary, be willing that things things, that are ours as His children, be brought to manifestation in our life's. These things, all of these things are ours. They are that which is meant for us under the New Covenant. Which is the manifestation of “Christ in us, the hope of glory.”

That we as His body would walk in all the fullness of the Life of Christ in us. 

Blessings as we press into Him

Much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me