IGNORED

"Unless You Prove Bible Right I Stay Non-Believer"?

thomas t

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

14 hours ago, Cletus said:

the 22nd psalm was written around 2000 years prior to Jesus being born and describes to a T, crucifixion...

Hi Cletus,

I read that twice. I didn't find that.

Everytime we make a flawed argument for faith, the atheist will say no. Without them being naysayers.

And 2 Kor. 5:7 reads: for we walk by faith, not by sight.

Some smart postings here pointed that out.

Well, it is true that nature testifies to God's greatness. But sometimes, Christian's arguments are flawed.

Regards,

Thomas

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

4 hours ago, thomas t said:

Hi Cletus,

I read that twice. I didn't find that.

Everytime we make a flawed argument for faith, the atheist will say no. Without them being naysayers.

And 2 Kor. 5:7 reads: for we walk by faith, not by sight.

Some smart postings here pointed that out.

Well, it is true that nature testifies to God's greatness. But sometimes, Christian's arguments are flawed.

Regards,

Thomas

True believers can be flawed But not God. At least they know whose side their on. We are still learning every day . It is vital we learn as in Timothy " show thyself a wo0rkman who needs not to be ashamed but rightly dividing the word of truth.

You gain nothing with your unbelief except more false hoods. 

Have you been able yet to disprove God. Its a foolish debater that can't back his own material so that no one can argue with them.  It certainly be jaw dropping. ?

4 hours ago, Vince said:

Most atheists do not make a claim that god does not exist. They are saying there is not enough evidence to believe. Us theists are making the claim and we have a burden of proof. 

Just what evidence is that you  would believe? You talk about evidence to the believers. You are just blowing wind and then you blaspheme the Bible as not enough proof. The bible is not some book  with half truth. You either believe God is or you don't So lets sort this out. What parts make believe and what parts do not. Are we to believe that the Bible is just another book about God. prove then?

Let me ask you one question that is unseen and supernatural. Explain gravity that you cannot see, smell, feel,. You say if you cannot see a thing there is no evidence of it. Still this exists and holds the whole universe together. You wonder about us because we believe in God buy faith and glorify Him who we cannot see feel or touch. The ball is now in your court. Are you just blowing smoke? 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

An atheist will always tell you, no matter what you say, or what you show, ....that you have not proven the existence of God.

And, even if you have proven it.. they are "mind blinded" by the god of this world.... So, all your arguing, can be considered as trying to explain what sunlight looks like, to a blind man.

All we can do is lead them, pray for them, and love them.

Our job is to share, and God's job is to Save.  

God leaves the effort to us, and we leave the results to God.

What i do, is leave an Atheist or Agnostic with this thought i'll share, as, the truth is, only the Holy Spirt draws, and only God converts.

I make them think one thing......i make sure i plant this one seed.......and its this......."Well, you can't prove that God does NOT exist.".

Thats an irrefutable seed.....Thats a way for an Atheist to be forced to consider something other then their hardened opinion, or what they've been taught by other lying devils, to believe.

Remember that little seed if you have the opportunity to discuss eternal things with an unbeliever who is hostile and hateful.

Blessings,

B

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/11/2018 at 3:35 AM, thomas t said:

Dear community,

I hear so often from atheists, so-called agnostics, that they don't believe because they don't see any evidence that the Bible is true (here again).

But do you think it is reasonable to refrain from converting until the Bible is proven as truth?

Even if you think there is a 50% probabilty of the Bible being true it makes sense, in my view, to proclaim Jesus as Lord, already. ("Jesus, if you are there...")

Just to be on the safe side when it comes to the question where we spend eternity.

Regards, Thomas

While there are good arguments for the existence of God, i believe it is impossible for one human being to prove the existence of God to another human being.. It is likewise true that no Human being can prove the non-existence of God to another human being.. And yes non-believers have their own arguments that they also use..

I believe it is the message / teachings of the Bible along with the moving of Gods Holy Spirit that causes those who are prone to accept the Way of salvation to both receive the Message of the Holy Bible and accept it.. So it is by hearing the Word of God that people both believe in God and are saved..

Romans 10: KJV

17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God."

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, Behold said:

An atheist will always tell you, no matter what you say, or what you show, ....that you have not proven the existence of God.

And, even if you have proven it.. they are "mind blinded" by the god of this world.... So, all your arguing, can be considered as trying to explain what sunlight looks like, to a blind man.

All we can do is lead them, pray for them, and love them.

Our job is to share, and God's job is to Save.  

God leaves the effort to us, and we leave the results to God.

What i do, is leave an Atheist or Agnostic with this thought i'll share, as, the truth is, only the Holy Spirt draws, and only God converts.

I make them think one thing......i make sure i plant this one seed.......and its this......."Well, you can't prove that God does NOT exist.".

Thats an irrefutable seed.....Thats a way for an Atheist to be forced to consider something other then their hardened opinion, or what they've been taught by other lying devils, to believe.

Remember t

Blessings,

B

Edited by Mike Mclees

• 5 months later...

We need to believe because there is an inner need to believe. 

For my self I needed a reason for my existents. I was desperate to know my purpose. I was of a godless life when I first saw what I was doing to wife and then my daughter was coming of age that I would not be able to cover up any more. My wife became a drug user. I knew if I did not change I might have destroyed her life also. That when I called out to God, and he reached down into that pit I jumped into  and pulled my out. The reality of Jesus was a revelation awakening

It says in Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who commeth to God must believe that he is, and he is a rewarder of the who diligently seek Him. 

The Pharisees wanted a sign as proof that he was as he claimed. Jesus said It is a wicked and adulterous generation that wants a sign and none will be given it.

• Loved it! 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

12 hours ago, Tampered With said:

Dear Doubting Thomas:

Dear Tampered With,

fortunately, today I don't have doubts. I am thankful for that, because I used to have some.

Just for clarification: This thread is in answering atheists/ nonbelievers whom I had a discussion with. It isn't designed to describe own doubts I used to have.

I just keep wondering why they don't give it a shot until they think Jesus is 100% proven to them.

However, to date they can't reply, so this thread is useless for now, I think. I'm waiting for them to come back once they're allowed again to do so. (Currently they aren't permitted to post in the visible main sections)

12 hours ago, Tampered With said:

as you have a closed mind and heart.

I hope you don't mean me personally.;)

But I noticed you had some great posts in the other thread refuting pro-Crusades posts, thank you a lot for that.

Everytime Christians say yes to burning down synagogues on so on, doubters are driven away from us, naturally. So thanks a lot for being alert on that.

Keep up your good work!

Thomas

Edited by thomas t
left out 1 sentence

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,215
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  3

i will just state 2 reason why believe in the bible:

The bible being the Word of God has the ability to transform the human heart. We have the Holy Spirit who writes the word of God in our hearts and gives us the power to obey the Word of God. We have the written Word but then we also have the Living Word written on our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

The bible is a library of 66 books. It’s been written by 40 different authors over a 1600 year period. There is a great diversity of personalities and styles yet there is a perfect harmony and unity between them because there is one divine author: The Holy Spirit. The authors all spoke in perfect unity and continuity on this one theme: the unfolding story of God’s redemption for humanity.

• Praise God! 1

Faith and truth in Christ comes by revelation Jesus said you must be born again of the Spirit. The carnal mind and the Holy spirit are like opposite poles that repel one another. this is not just a command but its an absolute truth.

For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God neither indeed can be   Romans 8: 6-10 

1 Corinthians 2:14 

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

True understanding and faith in Gods word is a gift and only happens when one  excepts it as the truth by Faith. If one says I need evidence they will not receive the Revelation of Gods word.  

Edited by Mike Mclees