IGNORED

"Unless You Prove Bible Right I Stay Non-Believer"?

thomas t

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,085
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

7 hours ago, other one said:

Put a bit of complexity into it.....     We are told in the New Testament that we are going to judge angels.

Question....   when did God decide to do that??????

1 Corinthians 6 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

6 When one of you has something against someone else in your group, why do you go to the judges in the law courts? The way they think and live is wrong. So why do you let them decide who is right? Why don’t you let God’s holy people decide who is right? 2 Don’t you know that God’s people will judge the world? So if you will judge the world, then surely you can judge small arguments like this. 3 You know that in the future we will judge angels. So surely we can judge life’s ordinary problems. 4 So if you have such matters to be judged, why do you take them to those who are not part of the church? They mean nothing to you. 5 I say this to shame you. Surely there is someone in your group wise enough to judge a complaint between two believers. 6 But now one believer goes to court against another, and you let people who are not believers judge their case!

7 The lawsuits that you have against each other show that you are already defeated. It would be better for you to let someone wrong you. It would be better to let someone cheat you. 8 But you are the ones doing wrong and cheating. And you do this to your own brothers and sisters in Christ!

Concerning judging the world and angels,  I think Paul was using sarcasm because we know it will be God who is the Judge.    .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,073
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

an interesting concept....    makes one wonder what else might just be decided as sarcasm.

• This is Worthy 1

18 hours ago, other one said:

an interesting concept....    makes one wonder what else might just be decided as sarcasm.

We know it is God that Judges the whole world, not humans.

Genesis 18:25Surely you would not destroy the city. You would not destroy fifty good people to kill those who are evil. If that happened, those who are good would be the same as those who are evil—both would be punished. As the judge of the whole world, surely you would do the right thing!”

Psalm 96:10Tell the nations that the Lord is King! The world stands firm and cannot be moved. He will judge all people fairly.

Psalm 98:9Sing before the Lord because he is coming to judge the world. He will rule the world fairly. He will rule the people with goodness.

Psalm 110:6He will judge the nations. The ground will be covered with dead bodies. He will punish the leaders of powerful nations all around the world.

Isaiah 26:21Look! The Lord is coming out from his place to judge the people of the world for the bad things they have done. The earth will reveal the blood that has been spilled on it. It will no longer hide the proof of those murders.

Matthew 19:28Jesus said to them, “When the time of the new world comes, the Son of Man will sit on his great and glorious throne. And I can promise that you who followed me will sit on twelve thrones, and you will judge the twelve tribes of Israel.

Good News Translation
Jesus said to them, "You can be sure that when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne in the New Age, then you twelve followers of mine will also sit on thrones, to rule the twelve tribes of Israel.

International Standard Version
Jesus told them, "I tell all of you with certainty, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne in the renewed creation, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, governing the twelve tribes of Israel.

Historically, the word judge in this context means they will rule over the tribes.

John 3:17God sent his Son into the world. He did not send him to judge the world guilty, but to save the world through him.

John 12:47“I did not come into the world to judge people. I came to save the people in the world. So I am not the one who judges those who hear my teaching and do not obey.

Acts 17:31He has decided on a day when he will judge all the people in the world in a way that is fair. To do this he will use a man he chose long ago. And he has proved to everyone that this is the man to do it. He proved it by raising him from death!”

Romans 3:6Of course not. If God could not punish us, how could he judge the world?

1 Corinthians 11:32But when the Lord judges us, he punishes us to show us the right way. He does this so that we will not be condemned with the world.

1 John 4:17If God’s love is made perfect in us, we can be without fear on the day when God judges the world. We will be without fear, because in this world we are like Jesus.

Revelation 11:18The people of the world were angry, but now is the time for your anger. Now is the time for the dead to be judged. It is time to reward your servants, the prophets, and to reward your holy people, the people, great and small, who respect you. It is time to destroy those people who destroy the earth!”

Revelation 20:11[ People of the World Are Judged ] Then I saw a large white throne. I saw the one who was sitting on the throne. Earth and sky ran away from him and disappeared.

So, saying that all Christians will Judge the Whole World is Sarcasm.  Then going a step farther, that they will judge angels.

To my limited knowledge, God was the only one who judged angels.    

Jude 1:6And remember the angels who lost their authority to rule. They left their proper home. So the Lord has kept them in darkness, bound with everlasting chains, to be judged on the great day.

From the context of Jude, it is only God doing the Judging of angels.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

God has said all He is going to say in the written Scriptures.  They are the complete record of it.

There are those who say that they are trusting the Holy Spirit to teach them, rather than to study the Scriptures; but there is an error in that, because if a person is depending on an inner voice to give them teaching about the things of God, they are depending on something which is fallible and unreliable.  This is because nine out of ten inner voices and impressions are from the world, flesh, or the devil.   In fact, they are trusting in their own perception of what they believe the Holy Spirit is saying to them.

Also, others are placing their dependence on man's teaching about doctrine, and this too is fallible and unreliable, because man is fallible and is prone to error.

The only reliable foundation for doctrine and faith is the written Scripture.  God has said it, and His Word is true.

The role of the Holy Spirit is to teach us from the Scriptures and to give us insight into what the Scriptures mean in terms of everything that pertains to life and godliness.   This means that when we have questions about the ways of God, and His will for us, the Holy Spirit will lead us right back to the Scriptures.  As Lester Sumrall said, "If you want to know the will of God, read the Bible.   If you want to do the will of God, do the Bible!"

Most false teachers who have gone into heretical error are those who have gained "new revelation" directly from the Holy Spirit, and have ignored the Scriptures to validate their "revelation", or they have cobbled together random verses to make the Bible say what they want it to say.

This is why I have no dependence on extra-Biblical voices or impressions.  If I get thoughts about the things of God, I go back to the Scriptures and search them to see whether the thoughts are coming from God or from somewhere else.

• 1 month later...

read to here

• 8 months later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 12/13/2018 at 11:41 AM, Kristin said:

I honestly believe salvation is a gift from God. We are given the gift of belief. The Bible certifies our belief. Just my thoughts. 

Quite right.

Ephesians 2:8–10 (AV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

On 12/10/2018 at 10:35 AM, thomas t said:

Dear community,

I hear so often from atheists, so-called agnostics, that they don't believe because they don't see any evidence that the Bible is true (here again).

But do you think it is reasonable to refrain from converting until the Bible is proven as truth?

Even if you think there is a 50% probabilty of the Bible being true it makes sense, in my view, to proclaim Jesus as Lord, already. ("Jesus, if you are there...")

Just to be on the safe side when it comes to the question where we spend eternity.

Regards, Thomas

Well this can be turned on atheism / agnosticism too.

Unless you can prove that a universe can come into existence from nothing...

I back these AA members into a corner all the time with what caused the big bang?

Time didn't begin until the event so I refuse to consider anything previous to that point.

Covering up ears? Eyes? Going "la la la la la?" so not to hear anything further? 

Time is progression. It's what allows movement in a universe of all things in the universe.

It is measured by the motion of the things in the universe. But it is not the measurement itself.

Just because all things were seized up in a close quartered point of existence at the TIME of the

big bang and unable to be measured by movement... does not mean there was no progression of any sort.

So what caused the big bang?

And by the way, what made that pre-universe point of existence from nothing in the first place?

• Thumbs Up 1

The Bible is proven far more than people who refuse to believe

will ever know.

The problem is the interpreter (2 Peter 1:20-21). 

You allow the God who wrote the Bible to teach you his story...

And he expects you to test Him (1 John 4:1 / 1 Thessalonians 5:21)

by the Bible (Acts 17:11).

If you sincerely do so, prepare to be amazed beyond anything else

that has ever amazed you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80

Deuteronomy 30:15-20

New International Version
See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. 16 For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.

17 But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, 18 I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.

19 This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live 20 and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice, and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life. 

Are you still here Thomas, because if you  are not then we would be talking to ourselves. and then just speaking to the wind. But I do  have a couple of thoughts.

Concerning the scripture I posted you would say he is not my God unless you prove without out doubt. However I have a purpose for it It is not convicting evidence but it has relevance to thought, which I would like to bring out. I will wait 24 hrs. this being 1:00 PM Thursday April 29.

In Job, arguably the oldest book of the Bible, we have the scientific point that the earth rotates on an axis:

Job 38:12–14 (AV)
12 Hast thou commanded the morning since thy days; and caused the dayspring to know his place;
13 That it might take hold of the ends of the earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?
14 It is turned as clay to the seal; and they stand as a garment.