IGNORED

"Unless You Prove Bible Right I Stay Non-Believer"?

thomas t

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

If they don‘t honestly try to believe they at least tainted by evil and this is why they can’t believe.

God and Jesus gave us great gifts. It does not cost much in the comparison to what Jesus sacrifice to say watch at least a movie about him without beeing in the mental attack modus. If there is no god it would not do harm either. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

It might be claimed that unless a person believes and can prove Confucius, or the Muslim's Koran, or the biblical word of God, one might rightfully remain an non-believer.

Well, a "non-believer" really ought not believe in any religion, or any of the more recent scientific concepts, or anything else outside the contents of one's own mind. What might be the contents of one's mind? One visit to a typical nursing home can reveal what that amounts to evolving to a mind that can't do anything but shout out years, shouting  "1965, 1966, 1967, 1968.....1994", then back down with 1973, 1972, down to 1965, and over again 24/7.  I have one veteran dealing with that now. It takes a lot of research to plow through military events to identify the source problem!

The Bible doesn't require self-proof. The word of God is simply, and dynamically, the word of almighty God. So it is that I pray that one vet receive His mercy, that I exchange my present and eternal benefits for his credit, that he die in peace in His arms.  I believe almighty God will fairly judge that.

Let the abundant mercies of the word of God mediate, like a public defender attorney, apply every benefit afforded by man and God towards all accused.

Do not judge, or rather if you must Judge, judge righteously, nor face your own judgment according to the LAW.  Be merciful.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

On 12/10/2018 at 8:35 AM, thomas t said:

I hear so often from atheists, so-called agnostics, that they don't believe because they don't see any evidence that the Bible is true

The problem is not that unbelievers need proof of God's existence but that if they do believe, it will change their way of living. They like their sins and don't want to change and don't want to get to know God. Unbelievers don't like hearing the gospel, or that they are sinners because as they listen; their hearts are pricked and everything deep down in their hearts is laid bare and they are convicted of their moral guilt.

What unbelievers reject is the idea of a Creator who demands morality from His creation. And this is what unbelievers are really arguing about.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi Appy,

can you cite sources for this:

9 hours ago, appy said:

[Unbelievers] like their sins and don't want to change

In my opinion, here on Worthy it is a huge problem that Christians think they can post no matter what about people they don't like. Other Christians vote these posts up frequently. They seem to love their brothers and sisters doing exactly this. So Worthy gets a place of unfounded accusations?

There is a simple rule I would highly recommend: whenever you post something detrimental to other groups ... back it up using sources, scientific data/analyses. OR don't post it. Would you join this kind of behavior?

Regards,

Thomas

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,088
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

45 minutes ago, thomas t said:

Hi Appy,

In my opinion, here on Worthy it is a huge problem that Christians think they can post no matter what about people they don't like. Other Christians vote these posts up frequently. They seem to love their brothers and sisters doing exactly this. So Worthy gets a place of unfounded accusations?

There is a simple rule I would highly recommend: whenever you post something detrimental to other groups ... back it up using sources, scientific data/analyses. OR don't post it. Would you join this kind of behavior?

Regards,

Thomas

we do occasionally have mobs here don't we...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,156
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

1 hour ago, thomas t said:

Hi Appy,

Regards,

Thomas

The Bible says what Appy said... that's what we vote up on!

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

On 12/10/2018 at 10:35 AM, thomas t said:

I hear so often from atheists, so-called agnostics, that they don't believe because they don't see any evidence that the Bible is true

The blind lead the blind every day,  and they all fall into the pit.

Yahuweh, The Creator, Almighty, Sovereign,  says the evidence is all creation. 

Those who deny it,  lose.   They don't survive.  They don't get saved. 

4 hours ago, thomas t said:

...In my opinion, here on Worthy it is a huge problem that Christians think they can post no matter what about people they don't like. Other Christians vote these posts up frequently. They seem to love their brothers and sisters doing exactly this. So Worthy gets a place of unfounded accusations?....

People are born in the flesh - they don't have to do anything to become flesh.  (opposed to spirit).

Everyone is "welcome" to join the forum.   Encouraged even.   They can post whatever they want, as long as they don't offend anyone.   If they get reported,  the post might get deleted, or even the thread deleted, without warning.   (it's in the usual forum rules).

No one can prove they are a Christian.   So anyone who claims to be is.  (on forums).

No one has to be a Christian to post.  So most who post aren't.  (percentages work - since most people of the world aren't Christian,  most people on the forums aren't Christian either)

In the past,  forums have said they welcome the pagans and the heathen to post.   Let the true Christians learn how to respond to them,  but they cannot be banned or stopped in most cases, by the rules,  unless someone gets offended and breaks a rule.   i.e. like potpourri - a mix of all the religions and non-religious of the world come to play ....     It's not safe for the weak in faith or for seekers or for little children,  because the false posts/posters are not flagged, tagged, identified like a missing bridge on a highway might be (there are no warning signs on forums like there are on roads with bridges out)....  thus reader beware.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  04/20/1980

Hi Other One,

no no I absolutely don't say anyone is a mob.

---

Hi Steven

5 hours ago, enoob57 said:

The Bible says what Appy said... that's what we vote up on!

the verse please (please look also at my response to Abdicate). If you cite the verse that says "Unbelievers love their sin and don't want to change!" everything is fine.

If a post is voted up that does have a source, ok. But quite often people just vote up posts when their authors don't bother to back anything up.

---

Hi Abdicate,

here...

4 hours ago, Abdicate said:

and men have loved darkness rather than light,

it doesn't say that atheists don't want to change. Despite having a problem.

Maybe they want to, but just don't like Jesus or don't believe or whatever...

What we see here on Worthy as the standard procedure for accusations ... is making accusations and then - all of a sudden - period.

Let's work on it. Worthy is a great board though.

---

Hi Jeff,

the moment an atheist comes out as an atheist... they are out from the visible area. So you effectively can't have a debate between atheists and believers in the main sections. Atheists in this board have to either hide their atheism or go underground to find a place where they can post something that a few people may read outside the limelight.

2 hours ago, simplejeff said:

It's not safe for the weak in faith or for seekers or for little children,

yeah, we had that. If there would be more believing posters who know how to respond without resorting to personal attacks...

Regards,

Thomas

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  381
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Birthday:  03/04/1973

On 12/10/2018 at 8:35 PM, thomas t said:

Dear community,

I hear so often from atheists, so-called agnostics, that they don't believe because they don't see any evidence that the Bible is true (here again).

But do you think it is reasonable to refrain from converting until the Bible is proven as truth?

Even if you think there is a 50% probabilty of the Bible being true it makes sense, in my view, to proclaim Jesus as Lord, already. ("Jesus, if you are there...")

Just to be on the safe side when it comes to the question where we spend eternity.

Regards, Thomas

Hello Thomas, I can say the bible is 100% true and proven. The bible is a manual in our daily lives.  I would like to give an example, if I have a new gadget,  the first step  that I would do is to study the manual because I believe through manual I can rightfully operate my new gadget. In the same way the bible is also our 100% manual that Jesus is Lord and Savior. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  20

24 minutes ago, thomas t said:

If you cite the verse that says "Unbelievers love their sin and don't want to change!" everything is fine.

If this verse is still not revealed in this thread, and if it is still unknown to you,   just ask again,  or look in the Apocalypse for it.