Scott Free

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,274
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0

I write this post with tongue in check. I suffer from all these flaws and the following is a self reflection upon my own pride. Every morning I need Gods forgiveness and His loving kindness to help me renew my mind. I hope sharing my lessons will inspire humility in your heart.

10 Easy Steps to Achieve the Righteousness of the Pharisee

1) After watching movies and shows that condone homosexuality or fornication make sure to obsess and condemn others for considering such behavior.

2) Urge moral duties upon non-believers without any reference to the need of drawing strength from Jesus Christ.

3) Make sure to be exclusive and marginalize people and groups who are not exactly like you.

4) Force people to rise up to your level, so they to can be accepted into the Kingdom of God.

5) Do not be transparent or vulnerable.

6) The proof of your Christianity should be provided by the displaying of Jewry.

7) Beat down others beliefs, you have no need to validate your own ideas.

? Always assert yourself on how essential you are for the survival of God's Kingdom.

9) Every issue is black and white. They are either for you or against you, it is just that simple.

10) Always read the Bible for the purpose of finding scripture that collaborates with your convictions.   

Edited by Scott Free

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On your number nine, I really DO believe all issues are black and white, but with a careat: If they are gray, it means they are like an old newspaper photo that is made up of black and white dots. i.e. they need to be broken down to their black and white components. 

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

On your number nine, I really DO believe all issues are black and white, but with a careat: If they are gray, it means they are like an old newspaper photo that is made up of black and white dots. i.e. they need to be broken down to their black and white components. 

That's a good point. ?

3 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I think the mentality of the Pharisee's saw everything as clear cut. The black and white of the scriptures was well figured out, yet they were far from the Spirit of God.  

14 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

I think the mentality of the Pharisee's saw everything as clear cut. The black and white of the scriptures was well figured out, yet they were far from the Spirit of God.  

I sometimes wonder what they actually knew, as well. I've met people that have gone to church and read the bible for decades, but they weren't on a quest to learn more and more every year. Rather, after the first few years they just kept learning the same stuff over and over again for decades. They were still on spiritual milk. And still talking about the same stuff, e.g. the rapture.

And before I get accused of pointing the bony finger of blame, I see myself doing that from time to time, and that doesn't include when I'm doing it and I don't see it. 

But it makes you wonder if the Pharasees knew a lot of wrong stuff, really really well.

Edited by Still Alive

6 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

I sometimes wonder what they actually knew, as well. I've met people that have gone to church and read the bible for decades, but they weren't on a quest to learn more and more every year. Rather, after the first few years they just kept learning the same stuff over and over again for decades. They were still on spiritual milk. And still talking about the same stuff, e.g. the rapture.

And before I get accused of pointing the bony finger of blame, I see myself doing that from time to time, and that doesn't include when I'm doing it and I don't see it. 

But it makes you wonder if the Pharasees knew a lot of wrong stuff, really really well.

Even by today's standards. The Christians in the age to come will look upon us in our own brand of naivete and see similar shortcomings. Even the greatest minds in Christianity admit to seeing only part of the whole truth. Humility of mind is important to consider when judging the opinions of other Christians. There might be a slim obscure chance we could be personally interpreting something wrong, just maybe.

3 minutes ago, Scott Free said:

Even by today's standards. The Christians in the age to come will look upon us in our own brand of naivete and see similar shortcomings. Even the greatest minds in Christianity admit to seeing only part of the whole truth. Humility of mind is important to consider when judging the opinions of other Christians. There might be a slim obscure chance we could be personally interpreting something wrong, just maybe.

I remember a quote by C.S. Lewis regarding the teaching of eternal conscious torment (ECT) in hell. He said that of all the teachings of Christianity, it is the one he had the hardest time reconciling to the personality of God - or something like that.

If he were alive today, I have little doubt he would have become an adherent of CI and Annihilationism.