Sign in to follow this  
Md92987

Seeking god

On 12/12/2018 at 1:01 PM, Md92987 said:

Hi everyone, my name is Matt. I have been having a lot of anxiety lately about death and what happens after death. I grew up in church but just recently over the course of the last week it has been on my mind heavily. I’m 31 years old married with a daughter whom I love. I just want to be filled with the faith and knowing of Jesus as I see other Christians are filled with

Well then i hope you read the Gospels and the letters of the apostles Matt.. And may Gods Holy Spirit guide you into understanding 🙂

• Thumbs Up 2

We are told to humble ourselves and become as a little child, totally dependent on our God.  Surrender to Him as   Lord and Master of our lives and allow his compassion to lead us in serving Him.

Welcome to Worthy, Matt.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi Matt and welcome to Worthy, in reading your query, can I share this with you please? Can I take you to 1 Thessalonians 4; 13-17, and after reading this passage it will put more light and less anxiety to your heart and mind. The Bible also exhorts us "to cast our cares on Him, for He cares for each one of us.1Peter 5; 6-7. As I always say, I hope this helps, God bless.

On 12/12/2018 at 10:01 AM, Md92987 said:

Hi everyone, my name is Matt. I have been having a lot of anxiety lately about death and what happens after death. I grew up in church but just recently over the course of the last week it has been on my mind heavily. I’m 31 years old married with a daughter whom I love. I just want to be filled with the faith and knowing of Jesus as I see other Christians are filled with

JOHN.3:15 (NKJV) = 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

Believe in Jesus Christ the Word.(JOHN.1:1-2, cf ROMANS.5:12)

Involuntary anxiety that occasionally arises in our hearts comes spiritually/unseen from the devil through the curses of Adam's Original Sin which we have inherited or are born with = our flesh(GENESIS.2:17 & 3:14-19, JOHN.8:44, MATTHEW.16:23 & 23:27, MARK.7:21, 1JOHN.3:8). Same for immoral doubts, lust, hate, anger, greed, selfishness, jealousy, pride, etc. OTOH, it is us who voluntarily/intentionally harbor anxiety when we dwell on or obsess about the involuntary anxiety, and then may go and do foolish things. Never let immoral lust becomes sexual immorality and immoral hate/anger/jealousy becomes murder, bullying, sabotage, offenses, etc. Faith and the Word of God are the cure for these fiery darts of the wicked one(EPHESIANS.6:16-17) or just ignore the devil like ignoring a noisy, squawking and scary black crow.

God bless.

Welcome here @Md92987

when I find myself in anxiety I would read to Jesus words in the gospel and I always find confort in them... expecially when it comes to the topic of life after death..

14 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God[a]; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come backand take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truthand the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

May God bless you and may you find peace and joy in God.

Welcome to Worthy, Matt! 😊

hi Matt,

Your 'anxiety' which is common to many is how God uses our impending death to want to seek Him for answers.  Knowing we will die someday and lose contact with our loved ones is something to dread for sure.

Ecclesiastes 3 says, "He has also set eternity in the human heart" which to me means God has given us a desire and perspective to live for eternity.  The Bible says we will live for eternity indeed, in Heaven or Hell.

Romans 1:  "Just as they did not think it worthwhile to RETAIN THE KNOWLEDGE of God..."  means God gave us knowledge of His existence and His coming Judgment.

May He give you His wisdom to come to know Him as Lord and Savior and to be confident in His promises to save you in Jesus Name!