IGNORED

The Temple may not of been located on the Temple Mount.

Scott Free

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,738
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

9 hours ago, Cletus said:

i believe that the next step in all this is going to be temple/abomonation of desolation... if the birth pangs continue to increase there wont be much left. 

Watch out for a series of destabilizing events in the Middle East that brings armies to the region ... this is when it could set the stage for Daniel 11.   Until then, we keep preaching the word -- in season and out of season!  :)   Keep pressing on ... the King is coming soon!  :)

• This is Worthy 1

• Steward

18 hours ago, Cletus said:

i am watching for that too.  especially iraq syria and turkey.  and their allies. 

This alignment is coming together more and more ... there was a recent article we did ...

https://www.worthynews.com/38092-iran-turkey-russia-seek-deal-on-syria-constitutional-body

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

On 12/17/2018 at 11:05 PM, George said:

Watch out for a series of destabilizing events in the Middle East that brings armies to the region ... this is when it could set the stage for Daniel 11.   Until then, we keep preaching the word -- in season and out of season!  :)   Keep pressing on ... the King is coming soon!  :)

I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early. Hosea 5:15

Hosanna~!

Edited by FresnoJoe

• Steward

6 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early. Hosea 5:15

I love this promise in Hosea ....

Hos 3:4  For the children of Israel shall dwell many days without king or prince, without sacrifice or pillar, without ephod or household gods. 
Hos 3:5  Afterward the children of Israel shall return and seek the LORD their God, and David their king, and they shall come in fear to the LORD and to his goodness in the latter days. 

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.18
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

?

• Steward

12 minutes ago, Abdicate said:

Jesus prophesied this would happen.

I'm curious as to what Scriptures you're referring.  :)

• Steward

1 hour ago, Abdicate said:

In other words, the traditions of men make the Dome of the Rock the temple mount when it was really in the City of David over the spring of Gihon, which was needed for the sacrifices.

The problem is that you wouldn't have placed a threshing floor near any of your water supply. 

The stones were all thrown down ... and I'm not suggesting that the current temple mount were stones from 70 AD that weren't thrown down.  After the city of Jerusalem was destroyed, the city was rebuilt and where the Western Wall is, I believe is the retaining wall of a garrison that the Romans placed on the Temple Mount after the destruction of the Temple.  You see, after the destruction of the Temple, the city was re-built and the stones that people claim are from Herod's Temple, I believe are in fact of a subsequent Roman rebuild of Jerusalem that took place during the Emperor Hadrian whereby he renamed the city -- Aelia Capitolina which led to the Bar Kokba revolt that was around 130 AD.  Hadrian had planed to rebuilt the Temple -- actually a "Temple to Jupiter" and temples actually over all the ancient sites -- which led to the Bar Kokba revolt to begin with.    If you think about it, doesn't Satan want to desecrate any of the true holy sites?   As I stated earlier, the water supply for the Temple offerings came from pools outside of Jerusalem ... which flowed to Jerusalem, and you can find the water that ran off the Temple Mount to the west of the Old City of Jerusalem. 

Also, the Jews tried to rebuild the Temple in about 360 A.D. during the rule of Julian (the apostate), which could be the aspect of the Temple Mount today.  

In either case, the Temple was attempted to be rebuilt SEVERAL times after the 70AD destruction.  

You can see in the Western Wall several different layers, and times frames which sort of gives us an indication that the first rebuilding by Hadrian is the time frame of the current Temple Mount.

• Steward

1Ch 21:15  And God sent the angel to Jerusalem to destroy it, but as he was about to destroy it, the LORD saw, and he relented from the calamity. And he said to the angel who was working destruction, “It is enough; now stay your hand.” And the angel of the LORD was standing by the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite. 
1Ch 21:16  And David lifted his eyes and saw the angel of the LORD standing between earth and heaven, and in his hand a drawn sword stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders, clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces. 
1Ch 21:17  And David said to God, “Was it not I who gave command to number the people? It is I who have sinned and done great evil. But these sheep, what have they done? Please let your hand, O LORD my God, be against me and against my father's house. But do not let the plague be on your people.” 
1Ch 21:18  Now the angel of the LORD had commanded Gad to say to David that David should go up and raise an altar to the LORD on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite. 
1Ch 21:19  So David went up at Gad's word, which he had spoken in the name of the LORD. 
1Ch 21:20  Now Ornan was threshing wheat. He turned and saw the angel, and his four sons who were with him hid themselves. 
1Ch 21:21  As David came to Ornan, Ornan looked and saw David and went out from the threshing floor and paid homage to David with his face to the ground. 
1Ch 21:22  And David said to Ornan, “Give me the site of the threshing floor that I may build on it an altar to the LORD—give it to me at its full price—that the plague may be averted from the people.” 
1Ch 21:23  Then Ornan said to David, “Take it, and let my lord the king do what seems good to him. See, I give the oxen for burnt offerings and the threshing sledges for the wood and the wheat for a grain offering; I give it all.” 
1Ch 21:24  But King David said to Ornan, “No, but I will buy them for the full price. I will not take for the LORD what is yours, nor offer burnt offerings that cost me nothing.” 
1Ch 21:25  So David paid Ornan 600 shekels of gold by weight for the site. 
1Ch 21:26  And David built there an altar to the LORD and presented burnt offerings and peace offerings and called on the LORD, and the LORD answered him with fire from heaven upon the altar of burnt offering. 
1Ch 21:27  Then the LORD commanded the angel, and he put his sword back into its sheath. 
1Ch 21:28  At that time, when David saw that the LORD had answered him at the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite, he sacrificed there. 

First question, why would DAVID have to pay for anything in his own city -- the City of David?  And this is interesting because DAVID PURCHASED the LAND ... he refused to simply take it.

Simply, the Old City of Jerusalem is not on Mount Moriah and clearly the Bible says this ...

2Ch 3:1  Then Solomon began to build the house of the LORD in Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, where the LORD had appeared to David his father, at the place that David had appointed, on the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.

So the question is ... where is Mount Moriah?  :)

• Steward

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

anyway... what saith thou, where is Mount Moriah? 

It's where the Temple Mount sits ... when you realize the City of David was on the south of Mount Ophel and that Mount Moriah is just north of Mount Ophel ... hence where the Temple Mount rests today. 

2Ch 5:2  Then Solomon assembled the elders of Israel and all the heads of the tribes, the leaders of the fathers' houses of the people of Israel, in Jerusalem, to bring up the ark of the covenant of the LORD out of the city of David, which is Zion. 
2Ch 5:3  And all the men of Israel assembled before the king at the feast that is in the seventh month. 
2Ch 5:4  And all the elders of Israel came, and the Levites took up the ark. 
2Ch 5:5  And they brought up the ark, the tent of meeting, and all the holy vessels that were in the tent; the Levitical priests brought them up. 

It's quite clear that the Priests went OUT of the CITY of DAVID and UP (which is a hike north and up a mountain) to the traditional site of the Temple.  Just as the historical layout is today.

• Praise God! 1

• Steward

This is an article that I found in Israel My Glory from Randall Price, who is a expert of the Temple and has authored many books on the subject.  You may find this enlightening as he does a much better job of debunking the idea the Temple was in the City of David.

https://israelmyglory.org/article/mount-moriah-or-the-city-of-david/