IGNORED

The Temple may not of been located on the Temple Mount.

Scott Free

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

For details see: New Evidence for the Site of the Temple in Jerusalem

Note: George debunked this theory. It still has some educational value if taken with a grain of salt.

Edited by Scott Free
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Surprise....

• Haha 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.97
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I can't find it now, but I saw a video that shows a site excavated in the City of David (underground) that looks like animal stalls along with channels for draining blood and other things. Basically, they interpret that as where they kept the animals for sacrifice.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Honestly, this is way too small an area for it to be built in the City of David.  I wish I could show you an decent size map.

1st argument these people use is in reference to the need for a water supply for the sacrifices.

First we know that the Temple was built on a threshing floor -- this is where you would separate wheat from the chaff -- so you would do this FAR away from your water supply as it would fill your water supply full of trash!  This is why it's not connected to the Gishon Spring and it wouldn't have been close to it!  It would have contaminated the water supply with tiny bits of wheat throughout your drinking water!  

The Water for the sacrifices came from "Solomon's Pools" and we know now about an aqueduct system that connected the system in 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon's_Pools

https://www.livescience.com/50951-ancient-jerusalem-aqueduct-uncovered.html

Another argument they use -- the Western wall can't be the Temple wall.  With this I agree, as it's probably a retaining wall for a former Roman garrison built from the rocks that were separated in 70AD as the Roman soldiers were trying to get the gold from between the rocks.  

The argument that the Fortress of Antonia was too small is not really valid as Jospeheus gives the exact location of the fortess and how it oversaw the entire Temple complex.  And archaeologists now believe that the the majority of the legions were stationed on the Western Hill near Herod's Palace, rather than the Antonia Fortress -- which is on the opposite side of the city near the Jaffa Gate.

Sorry to burst the bubble ... but I researched all of this when it first came out ... and did my own research and it doesn't really fit the Biblical narrative, nor the historical narrative.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Steward

JerusalemCLR.jpg

Do you see the City of David -- how narrow it is?  Do you see how the Temple Mount dwarfs almost the entire city of David?  Do you see how Antonio's Fortress is the width of the city of David -- if it's the width of the city - how can it be in the "corner' of the Temple?  Where you see Herod's Fortress -- this is where a large portion of the Roman soldiers would have been quartered -- next to Herod's palace.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,265
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, George said:

Do you see the City of David -- how narrow it is?  Do you see how the Temple Mount dwarfs almost the entire city of David?  Do you see how Antonio's Fortress is the width of the city of David -- if it's the width of the city - how can it be in the "corner' of the Temple?  Where you see Herod's Fortress -- this is where a large portion of the Roman soldiers would have been quartered -- next to Herod's palace.

I see your point about the scale. I am reading from multiple sources that the mount was the site of a palace and the wailing wall is really part of a roman fortification. I am trying to figure this out. I understand the Mount is formed out of multiple hills later joined together and the temple was once separated from the royal residence. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

6 hours ago, Scott Free said:

I see your point about the scale. I am reading from multiple sources that the mount was the site of a palace and the wailing wall is really part of a roman fortification. I am trying to figure this out. I understand the Mount is formed out of multiple hills later joined together and the temple was once separated from the royal residence. 

I've been to Jerusalem hundreds of times since I've been living in Israel for the past 15+ years.   The problem with speculative locations ... is that they are speculative.  If you think about it ... Doesn't Satan know where the Temple would have been?  If so, wouldn't he want to "desecrate it" and try to show that he is in control?  So you go to where the "Holy of Holies" probably stood ... and you find ... on top of the Mosque on the Temple Mount ... inscriptions ... such as God has no son ... The true religion with God is Islam ... 

If you look outside the Eastern Gate, the Golden Gate ... there is a Islamic graveyard along the wall ... why?  To try to prevent a Jewish Messiah from walking in the walled up gate ... as any rabbi wouldn't be able to walk through a graveyard without being defiled.  As you really study out the site, you'll be blown away as to the steps taken to try and "defile" and "prevent" any fulfillment of prophecy.

Also, you'll discover that they built a mosque under the Temple Mount ... the largest in the world ...as they dug it out ... they disposed of the dirt and they are still excavating the soil in search of Temple relics.

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/108180/rare-jewish-coins-found-in-temple-mount-excavation/

https://www.timesofisrael.com/temple-mount-project-yields-treasure-but-unearths-conflict/

God bless you in your search ...

Your brother in the Lord with much agape love,

George

• Thumbs Up 4

• Steward

On 12/14/2018 at 11:06 PM, Cletus said:

I have also been reading about a large number of jews have about had it and just want to storm that mosque and destroy it.  something about next Israel day or Jerusalem day... its kind of fuzzy now, i have been sick and on medication that makes me loopy.  I think i am on the down hill side of it now, thank God... but do you know anything about what i have said in more detail?  or any good reading material on it... dont go looking for links if your busy just a reference, I can find them. 

Personally, I think the 3rd Temple -- the abomination of desolation -- will be built by the AntiChrist as one of the signs of the Maimonides of the Messiah is...

According to the Rambam(Maimonides), in his work, the Laws of the Chosen House, (chapter one, law number one), the Jewish people are commanded to construct a House for G-d. The Rambam lists this as one of the 613 eternal commandments of the Torah, relevant and obligatory whenever the Temple is not standing. He derives this from the verse (Exodus 25:8), "And they shall make for Me a sanctuary, and I will dwell among them." According to the Rambam, the Jewish people must build the Third Temple any way they can, at any time they can accomplish the task. In the Laws of Kings, (chapter eleven, law number four), the Rambam states that the Messiah, an earthly, Jewish king, will build the Third Temple. And, in fact, he states that the only conclusive proof of the identity of the Messiah is that he will be the one to build the Temple.

So we are waiting ...

However, the news of dedicating an altar last week was stunning.  If the Jerusalem authorities didn't stop the sacrificing ... they were planning to sacrifice on the altar!

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,875
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

7 hours ago, George said:

Personally, I think the 3rd Temple -- the abomination of desolation -- will be built by the AntiChrist as one of the signs of the Maimonides of the Messiah is...

So we are waiting ...

However, the news of dedicating an altar last week was stunning.  If the Jerusalem authorities didn't stop the sacrificing ... they were planning to sacrifice on the altar!

Where did they get all the water necessary to clean the temple of all the blood from the sacrifices?    something I've been thinking about for years....

• Thumbs Up 1

• Steward

1 hour ago, other one said:

Where did they get all the water necessary to clean the temple of all the blood from the sacrifices?

Read my original post where you can go to Solomon's pools and the aqueduct system.  And then you'll also see the run off of the sacrifices would have run down the left side of the Old City via the drainage ditch on the map.  

On 12/13/2018 at 11:40 PM, George said:

The Water for the sacrifices came from "Solomon's Pools" and we know now about an aqueduct system that connected the system in 2015.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon's_Pools

https://www.livescience.com/50951-ancient-jerusalem-aqueduct-uncovered.html

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 1