• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/13/2018 at 10:40 PM, Willa said:

Abiding in Christ produces the fruit of the Spirit--

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the [Holy] Spirit [the work which His presence within accomplishes] is love, joy (gladness), peace, patience (an even temper, forbearance), kindness, goodness (benevolence), faithfulness, Gal 5:23  Gentleness (meekness, humility), self-control (self-restraint, continence). Against such things there is no law [that can bring a charge].

Before we click the post button we all need to do an attitude check:  are those virtues evident in my post?

I think so, Willa. Thank you for reminding us of the purpose of believers coming together to edify one another, to build up, and share the victories God has wrought in our walk. To learn truth. And act like it, as if we actually possess/bare these fruits.  (The fruit we bear is for others, to bless their life) If not kept in check, my competitive juices will overcome my spiritual guidance.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, George said:
6 hours ago, discipler777 said:

Personally, in terms of being God-inspired, I put the writings of John as first, then Peter, Matthew and Paul in that order. That was why the Lord Jesus Christ gave His final REVELATION to Apostle John and not the others.

James's epistle is doubtful, in terms of being God-inspired, ie more like works-of-the-Law-inspired. James the Just was the leader of the Judaizers, ie early Jewish Christians who initially required new Gentile Christians converted by Paul to be circumcised and keep all of Moses Law.(GALATIANS.2:9-14) .......

If it's God inspired -- it's God inspired ... how is there a difference ... is one book more "spirit filled" than another?  This is what you seem to be saying .. am I mistaken in what I'm reading here?  

JOHN.20:1-10 (NKJV) The Empty Tomb

20:1 Now the first day of the week Mary Magdalene went to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. 2 Then she ran and came to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”

3 Peter therefore went out, and the other disciple, and were going to the tomb. 4 So they both ran together, and the other disciple outran Peter and came to the tomb first. 5 And he, stooping down and looking in, saw the linen cloths lying there; yet he did not go in. 6 Then Simon Peter came, following him, and went into the tomb; and he saw the linen cloths lying there, 7 and the handkerchief that had been around His head, not lying with the linen cloths, but folded together in a place by itself. 8 Then the other disciple, who came to the tomb first, went in also; and he saw and believed. 9 For as yet they did not know the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead. 10 Then the disciples went away again to their own homes.

MATTHEW.17:1-9 = Jesus Transfigured on the Mount

17:1 Now after six days Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, led them up on a high mountain by themselves; 2 and He was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and His clothes became as white as the light. 3 And behold, Moses and Elijah appeared to them, talking with Him. 4 Then Peter answered and said to Jesus, “Lord, it is good for us to be here; if You wish, let us make here three tabernacles: one for You, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.”

5 While he was still speaking, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them; and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!” 6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their faces and were greatly afraid. 7 But Jesus came and touched them and said, “Arise, and do not be afraid.” 8 When they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only.

9 Now as they came down from the mountain, Jesus commanded them, saying, “Tell the vision to no one until the Son of Man is risen from the dead.”

JOHN.14:15-24 Jesus Promises Another Helper

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Indwelling of the Father and the Son

19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me.Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”

22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

NT Scripture says that Apostle John was most loved by the Lord/God Jesus Christ. Apostle John was the first Apostle to believe in the resurrected Christ without the need to see Him in Person, unlike Doubting Thomas and the other Apostles who did not believe or had lost faith and left Jerusalem for their own homes.

It is only logical for God/Jesus to manifest and reveal Himself more to the one He loved most, ie Apostle John = the Gospel of John comes first in revelations wrt being inspired by God, compared to the Gospel of Luke which was written by Paul's "secretary", eg JOHN.1:1 =  "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." That was why the Lord Jesus Christ gave His final REVELATION to Apostle John and not to His other Apostles or disciples.

Nevertheless, like I said before, Paul was a great Apostle to the Gentiles, but not to the Jews. Jesus Christ only ministered to His fellow Jews. The Apostles were all Jewish Christians. Paul submitted to the authority of the Apostles of Christ. .......

ACTS.15:1-2 Conflict over Circumcision

15:1 And certain men came down from Judea and taught the brethren, “Unless you are circumcised according to the custom of Moses, you cannot be saved.” 2 Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question.

Edited by discipler777

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Paul said we are to follow him (Paul) as he follows Christ....Jesus told him to tell us that

Who also said ,  IF you continue in HIS GOODNESS otherwise you will be cut off, cast out .  PAUL preached the same message JESUS DID .

SO let all be encouraged today .  Oh let us obey the Spirit , bear good fruit by the Spirit , and finish the course in Christ .

Put those hands up and let all that has breath praise the Lord

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Every single Word in the Bible is God-Breathed.Every Book is valuable for “ doctrine, reproof,for instruction in righteousness” I believe the Epistyles of Paul are the best to go to for our Doctrine in this Age of Grace.Not too long ago I saw a list of teachings that were exclusive to Paul—- of course I can’t find it when I need it.There May be some errors here, so forgive me, but you will get the gist.Paul was the only one who wrote about the Rapture. Only he mentioned the Church Age.Only he mentioned the Body of Christ. He taught justification by faith alone.The Gospel Of Grace he preached was given to him personally by Christ Himself and it is the lone Gospel that we will be judged by.He was the only one who taught about church discipline and on the proper relationship between husband and wife.He taught that we are no longer under any tithing laws.Paul was nothing but a wicked , sinful  , proud Pharisee saved only by the Grace of God, yet God  let him be the “ official” messenger to the Gentiles. After His Ascension, Jesus used Paul as both a mouthpiece and secretary.He teaches more than Peter, James and John combined.Of course, the teachings of Jesus in His Earthly  Ministry always come in first, but Paul has a case to be a distant but very strong second.Jesus DID it ALL.......Paul did a good job of explaining its meaning.

That's right .  every single letter in that bible was inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT .   First all need to understand that .    From their then make the points .

But first and foremost everyone needs to KNOW that every letter in the bible was inspired by the Holy Spirit as those men wrote them .

And that paul did not contradict james or peter or jude and none of those contradicted paul,   AND none of the letters of any of them contradicted Christ .

First let us KNOW that .  

In the kingdom of heaven, if there should be an empty position of archangel to replace Satan/Lucifer, who will it be.? Moses.? Joshua.? Elijah.? Apostle John.? Apostle Peter, Apostle Paul.?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Nevertheless, like I said before, Paul was a great Apostle to the Gentiles, but not to the Jews. Jesus Christ only ministered to His fellow Jews. The Apostles were all Jewish Christians. Paul submitted to the authority of the Apostles of Christ. .......

I am am not so sure about submitting to the authority of the apostles of Christ. He said words to the effect that the “ pillars of the church” were nothing to him .He withstood Peter to his face .Doesnt sound like submission to me.
 Paul gave Not one second to the  Judaizers thAt threatened to derail Christianity with their determination to change it to a mere off- shoot of Judaism.Seems to me, if anybody did any submitting it was those that disagreed with Paul, who later extended the right hand if fellowship.Later, it was Peter that admitted that Paul’s teachings were Scriptual, even though some of his teachings were “ hard to understand” Paul was going to stick to the Gospel given to him “ not by man” no matter if it cost him his life—— which in the end it did.I don’t see where he submitted to anyone....except Christ.

Nevertheless, like I said before, Paul was a great Apostle to the Gentiles, but not to the Jews

About this statement .     Let us read the book of acts .  Every town paul went to ,  HE went to JEWISH synagogues as was his custom .

OH but he did .   HE did preach big time to the jews .    And gentiles were their too .      And those who heard and repented

became followers of Christ .

The more we read , ONLY the bible , the more ammo we have for debates to be able to really help others .

Now yes it is true that paul may have primarily been the apostel to the gentiles ,   let us never forget that both peter and paul and all

preached the same identical gospel to every creature .

Just as peter was primarily to the circumcision ,   but make no mistake he preached to gentiles too.

In fact GOD showed peter in a vision that the gospel was now for gentiles too.

And how the house of the gentile CORENLIUS REJIOCED to hear the word .

While we on that note ,  let us see the great reward GOD gave Cornelius .

Cornelius a gentile who prayed to the GOD of the jews , did much alms .   HIS PRAYERS and ALMS were rewarded BY GOD .

What was this wonderful treasure ,  was it the reward the name and claim its love .  NOPE it was not money .

The great reward was a treasure that can nothing compare to .     HIS reward was ,  YOU GET TO HEAR the GOSPLE and COME TO CHRIST .

Me thinks we need tomake that our focus and flee all those name it and claim its  all of rome , all of inclusive .

AND JUST TREASURE the TRUE TREASURE and PREACH the true salvation to all that has breath .

40 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Nevertheless, like I said before, Paul was a great Apostle to the Gentiles, but not to the Jews

About this statement .     Let us read the book of acts .  Every town paul went to ,  HE went to JEWISH synagogues as was his custom .

OH but he did .   HE did preach big time to the jews .    And gentiles were their too .      And those who heard and repented

became followers of Christ .

The more we read , ONLY the bible , the more ammo we have for debates to be able to really help others .

Now yes it is true that paul may have primarily been the apostel to the gentiles ,   let us never forget that both peter and paul and all

preached the same identical gospel to every creature .

Just as peter was primarily to the circumcision ,   but make no mistake he preached to gentiles too.

In fact GOD showed peter in a vision that the gospel was now for gentiles too.

Yes, ....... but Peter was more effective preaching to the Jews than to the Gentiles, eg at ACTS.2, Peter preached and converted 3,000 Jews on the spot.

GALATIANS.2:6-10 (NKJV) = 6 But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me. 

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), 9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised

10 They desired only that we should remember the poor, the very thing which I also was eager to do.

He said words to the effect that the “ pillars of the church” were nothing to him 

@Blood Bought 1953 , see the "pillars" above.

Edited by discipler777

49 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Nevertheless, like I said before, Paul was a great Apostle to the Gentiles, but not to the Jews. Jesus Christ only ministered to His fellow Jews. The Apostles were all Jewish Christians. Paul submitted to the authority of the Apostles of Christ. .......

I am am not so sure about submitting to the authority of the apostles of Christ. He said words to the effect that the “ pillars of the church” were nothing to him .He withstood Peter to his face .Doesnt sound like submission to me.

If not submitting, why did Paul go all the way to the Apostles in far off Jerusalem.? Why did he not just remain where he was and go his own way wrt the question.?

11 minutes ago, discipler777 said:

Yes, ....... but Peter was more effective preaching to the Jews than to the Gentiles, eg at ACTS.2, Peter preached and converted 3,000 Jews in one moment.

GALATIANS.2:6-10 (NKJV) = 6 But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me. 

7 But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter 8 (for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles), 9 and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised

10 They desired only that we should remember the poor, the very thing which I also was eager to do.

@Blood Bought 1953 , see the "pillars" above.

Peter , paul , jude , james , etc,   were not BETTER than one another at preaching to any group .    THEY all spoke by the SPIRIT

And yes I do agree that where it says the gospel for the uncircumsion was committed unto paul and unto peter the circumcision .

But both peter and paul still also  preached to  both jew and gentiles  as well . Its just mainlyfor peter it was given to preach to the jews and mainly paul to gentiles .

And the gospel was identical .     The beauty of the pure gospel is this ,  that both jews and gentiles hear the same identical gospel .

Sure their were some preaching one must be circumsized to be saved .   But the Holy Spirit shut that down and all were corrected .

Even james , john said in their letter,  we have heard their be some among you , who would trouble the people saying ye must be circumsized.

BUT WE never said NO such thing .

Even peter slipped ,   even AFTER he knew the right way and began to dissimulate .  But praise Be to GOD he uses men to correct those who do err.

• Thumbs Up 2