IGNORED

Rich preachers

I like listening to different TV pastors, a lot of them American but many English or from other nations.  It helps inspire and enrich my understanding of the Bible. I have never parted with a penny though. I see no need. But of course many many do. 

So what are we to make of the super wealthy pastors? Are we to disregard them entirely, are they really speaking the truth of Jesus and scripture? Are they really just cynically doing it for money? It is hard to reconcile the words of a pastor who lives a multimillion dollar lifestyle. 

Jesus owned no property, had no money. No grandeur. So how do these pastors justify their great wealth? 

Edited by Melinda12

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

49 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

So how do these pastors justify their great wealth? 

Their thieves, many Christian charity's are the same, I give directly to people in need, if your going to give to a charity I'd do non Christian, you can check it out on give.org, theirs no way of checking on Christian charity's or pastors.

But it's your money.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Jesus owned no property, had no money. No grandeur.

Looks like you already know the answer to your question.

Don't forget, charlatans (false teachers) will always mix in 10% truth with the other 90% of their lies.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

I like listening to different TV pastors, a lot of them American but many English or from other nations.  It helps inspire and enrich my understanding of the Bible. I have never parted with a penny though. I see no need. But of course many many do. 

So what are we to make of the super wealthy pastors? Are we to disregard them entirely, are they really speaking the truth of Jesus and scripture? Are they really just cynically doing it for money? It is hard to reconcile the words of a pastor who lives a multimillion dollar lifestyle. 

Jesus owned no property, had no money. No grandeur. So how do these pastors justify their great wealth? 

Notice that paul and the others said be as ensamples to the flock .   And the GREAT SHEPARD himself ,  LIVED NO BETTER than his own flock.

THEYS FALSE .   I don't mix words .  THEY FALSE and I wont heed a one of them .   False . 

• Thumbs Up 1

Well i listen to them free on TV. Get what i can in terms of teaching, never give them a penny. 

Cannot stand the very talkative ones! Lord told me this and the Lord told me that ones! As if they have a hotline to God. They make a nonsense of our Father. Jesse Duplantis is particularly irritating and tiring so i avoid him. He is very wealthy. Ah well, gullible folks choose to part with their money so it's up to them. The God business pays well - but will have it's own reward. 

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

9 hours ago, Melinda12 said:

Ignorant and gullible Christians are quite easily deceived by misinterpreted Scripture to give a tithe of 10% of personal income. During the time of Moses, the tithe of 10% was needed to run a nation or theocratic government. Today you do not need a tithe of 10% to run a church or TV-church. To run a church or TV-church, you only need a tithe of about 2%. 

Imagine the financial burden of ignorant and gullible US Christian workers paying a tithe of 10% to their church, on top of paying another 15% taxes(= FICA tax, income tax, property tax, etc) to the US government(cf ACTS.15:24-29).

So, these super-rich pastors justify their great wealth with misinterpreted Scripture, eg King David and Solomon was super-rich(grand kings were not the will of God).

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

I went through the money grubbing thing. I never got any. So now I just am grateful to Christ for saving ME. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.33

Well, although I can't inveigh enough against the Health and Wealth preachers who rob the poor by preaching a false gospel, there is a second class of preachers that through book sales, and speaking tours, and family fortunes, and significant salaries (Often $300,000 a year or more) that nevertheless have valuable teaching. People like Tim Keller or Rick Warren or Franklin Graham may have wealth but still preach strong Evangelical exegetically-sound messages. No need for sweeping generalizations here. Take the best and leave the rest is what John Wimber used to say. Like Warren he had forgone great wealth to live a middle-class lifestyle while donating his time and wealth to the church.

But there are No health and wealth preachers that are worth their weight in horse apples. They are liars to the last and preach a false gospel. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09

Its not wrong to be rich but we need to ask how those pastors spend their huge income, do they build homeless shelters and feed them ?

Or do they buy jet planes, yachts, mansions, fashions in Paris like that famous questionable Gospel healer ?

Or do they spend the money for their own fortune like this :

http://www.asianews.it/news-en/Scandals-and-corruption,-Yoido-mega-church-pastor-sentenced-30377.html

I will admire if those rich pastors build homeless shelters and feed people with their millions dollar of money.

Edited by R. Hartono
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Our pastor is so sick of the prosperity gospel rich pastors that he has never asked for money for himself or our church.  We never have fund raisers even for building projects.  The school we support has done so.  Our pastor lives modestly and takes homeless people into his home at times.  He is more apt to give people works to pay for aid.  

He may not appear at my door when I am not there, but it is hard to keep track of 1500 people.