• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.47
  • Content Count:  44,304
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Worthy News Brief - December 13, 2018

Friend, it's story time!

Matthew 13:34-35 All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and without a parable spake he not unto them: That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept secret from the foundation of the world.

Here's an old Yiddish tale that we found.

Once upon a time, Truth went about the streets as naked as the day he was born. As a result, no one would let him into their homes. Whenever people caught sight of him, they turned away and fled. One day when Truth was sadly wandering about, he came upon Parable. Now, Parable was dressed in splendid clothes of beautiful colors. And Parable, seeing Truth, said, "Tell me, neighbor, what makes you look so sad?" Truth replied bitterly, "Ah, brother, things are bad -- very bad. I'm old -- very old, and no one wants to acknowledge me. No one wants anything to do with me."

Hearing that, Parable said, "People don't run away from you because you're old. I too am old -- very old. But the older I get, the better people like me. I'll tell you a secret: Everyone likes things disguised and prettied up a bit. Let me lend you some splendid clothes like mine, and you'll see that the very people who pushed you aside will invite you into their homes and be glad of your company." Truth took Parable's advice and put on the borrowed clothes. And from that time on, Truth and Parable have gone hand in hand together and everyone loves them. They make a happy pair.'

Yeshua (Jesus) told many truths with parables. We can see that as we read through the gospels. Yeshua rarely (maybe even never) began with scripture when he was among commoners. It was only in the synagogue, among the scholars that he did so. Most of the time, Yeshua told stories about everyday things in order to bring His strong message in a way that would keep his listeners attention!

Friend, perhaps you've been sharing Scripture with someone and the message is just not getting across the way you'd hoped. Each person is different. There is no exact universal recipe for how to share our faith. We must sense where a person is -- ask the Lord to show us where to start -- try different approaches! Maybe try something different today. Tell a story -- maybe even your story!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Wilmington, NC

Editor's Note: We have our schedule online. Be sure to visit us when we tour the States!

We have a few more dates to fill for our winter tour to the States. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host an Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information. 

Looking for the best holiday gift EVER for the person who has everything??? How about a LIFE ALTERING trip to ISRAEL?! Join us (George and Baht Rivka Whitten of Worthy Ministries) as we will be your personal hosts through the Holy Land! Together we will experience amazing historical and biblical sites, relax at the Dead Sea Spa, enjoy all the delicious cuisine of the Middle East, join in power packed worship and solid teaching, participate in hands-on ministry, meet Israelis and Holocaust Survivors, an outreach concert, a special Yemenite lunch, tasting at Jerusalem’s outdoor food market, camel rides, Bedouin hospitality, Shabbat dinner at our home, a baptism at the Jordan River, sunset Galilee boat ride, and loads more!! Experience Real Israel with us— you don’t want to miss this!!  We have limited spaces available. For more information, visit Worthy Israel Tours or send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com.

Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Around the World
EU 'ready to examine' more Brexit assurances to Britain
The European Union 'stands ready to examine whether any further assurance can be provided' to Britain over the Irish backstop and their tentative divorce agreement, a draft seen by Reuters showed on Thursday.
Defying Trump, U.S. Senate advances measure to end support for Saudis in Yemen
In a rare break with President Donald Trump, the Senate voted on Wednesday to move ahead with a resolution to end U.S. military support for the Saudi Arabian-led coalition in the war in Yemen and lawmakers vowed to push for sanctions against the kingdom in the new year.
EU rules out Brexit renegotiation, again
The EU is not preparing a legal document on the backstop, as requested by British prime minister Theresa May, for the EU summit starting on Thursday (13 December) - as EU officials are calling the political crisis unfolding in London a mess.
Pentagon's new strategy means balancing act in Africa for U.S. special ops
The Pentagon’s decision to draw down 10 percent of its counterterrorism operations in Africa comes as Russia and China are aggressively ramping up efforts to expand their influence on the continent.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
IDF official: Hezbollah unable to produce precision weapons
Hezbollah's missile arsenal has been static for years and the organization lacks the industrial ability to convert, upgrade or produce precision weapons, Director of Military Intelligence Maj. Gen. Tamir Heyman said Tuesday.
Israel fills vacuum in terror fight as U.S. reduces troop levels
Israel is moving quickly to fill a security vacuum in Africa as the United States reassigns forces from the terror-plagued continent to focus on rivals such as China and Russia.

Inside the United States
GOP leaders still lack funding plan as shutdown looms
Top House Republicans are at a standstill on exactly how to keep the government open next week amid mounting fears of a Christmastime shutdown on Capitol Hill.
House joins Senate to pass farm bill
The House passed a new farm bill Wednesday sending the legislation, which passed the Senate earlier in the week, to the White House for President Donald Trump's signature.

Christian News
Church of England to offer baptism-style services to transgender people to celebrate their new identity for first time
The Church of England has encouraged its clergy to create baptism-style ceremonies for transgender people to welcome them into the Anglican faith.

Letters to the Editor

Editor's Note
If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyemail.com.

If you'd like to get a copy of our family newsletter, please send george [@] worthyemail.com an email.

Friend, help spread WORTHY BRIEFS, now reaching 126 countries daily! Forward this brief to a friend!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.

If you're having problems receiving your Worthy Brief, click here!

Follow Us on Facebook
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Follow Us on Twitter
Worthy News
Worthy Devotions

Support our Ministry
Friend, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Network with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
106 Sheffield Place
Franklin, TN 37067-4437

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

This email was sent to <<Email Address>>

unsubscribe from this list | Update Subscription Preferences

Worthy News · 106 Sheffield Place · Franklin, TN 37067-4437 · USA