• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

9 hours ago, George said:

December 9 at 11:00 PM · 

This evening Chinese authorities arrested pastor Wang Yi as well as his wife. Authorities then went to the homes of the main leadership and pulled them out of their home.

The reason why the police are not wearing uniforms is because they are the secret police.

There is reason to worry this time because it is feared he might “disappear”. This is true Communist methods in China which attempts to silence the Christian faith. This is why you cannot believe western media when it says China is really opening up to the world.

Praying...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers

Also another pastor in China was arrested today :(

I don't know the names but please pray for this couple

48343400_10216109429666181_2665534155042848768_n.jpg

December 11 at 6:17 AM · 

Faith should not be criminalized.

Yet that has been the case throughout much of China these days. Sunday night, over 100 church members of a house church in Chengdu were arrested, detained and kept under guard, all because they gathered together to worship Christ. This is the plight of the Chinese Christian in China. Yet Chinese officials recently suggested that their human rights record is something to be proud of. (sarcasm)

In October, I, and some friends from the States - Pastor Phil Russell and Nate McClurg, who had come to China to visit Ruth and I and see the work that we do here in this part of China, were in a meeting with many faithful believers. At one point while I was preaching to the large crowd that had gathered, there was a sudden, loud bang (three actually) of knocks at the door. You could have heard a pin drop as I stopped speaking while every person in that room looked over at that door. My heart was pounding because I, as well as Ruth and everyone else in that room, knew that it might be the police on the outside wanting in.

I still remember how I felt, how in my spirit whispered: "Lord, your will be done." Thankfully, when someone opened the door, everyone breathed a sigh of relief as it was a child playing who thought it would be funny to bang on the door (he got a good spanking for it too).

There is no promise found in the word that we will not face persecution, actually the opposite. We are promised that if we follow Christ, and do his will, at some point, we will face persecution. Friends will turn on us. Family will leave us. All of which is a mark of one who is willing to not only do the will of God but one who is died out to the will of God.

Yes, there is persecution on the rise again here in China, and I fear as the Communists see that they have nowhere to go and eventually begin to see that their days of control are over, they will attempt one last *purge* before they find themselves staring at a long noose. But until then, the church will continue to resist, continue to tell the world that God loves them, that the cross is the only answer for the world today, even at the risk of prison - or worse. That is the reality of Christians in China, but also throughout much of the world today.

Fight. Resist. Yet love.

Praying...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

To have his faith and steadfastness ... along with our brothers and sisters who, under fear of discovery and arrest, still seek Him.

• Loved it! 1

4 minutes ago, OneLight said:

To have his faith and steadfastness ... along with our brothers and sisters who, under fear of discovery and arrest, still seek Him.

I just finished reading the book "Safely home" from Randy Acorn,  a  much good book to understand the persecution in China, we take so many things for granted, the Christians in China feel sorry for us because we don't know how to really God trust in difficult  situations. This freedom we experience now can be taken away from us too any day...

Praying, Jesus come soon.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.26
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, angels4u said:

I just finished reading the book "Safely home" from Randy Acorn,  a  much good book to understand the persecution in China, we take so many things for granted, the Christians in China feel sorry for us because we don't know how to really God trust in difficult  situations. This freedom we experience now can be taken away from us too any day...

Praying, Jesus come soon.

It has already started, since 1962 ...one little bit at a time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, George said:

House churches in China are generally considered illegal,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_church_(China)

The TSPM is not a denomination, and denominational distinctions do not exist within the organization. Pastors are trained at one of thirteen officially sanctioned seminaries.[7] Current theological emphasis is on "a protection and promotion of the five basic tenets of Christian faith — the Trinity, Christ being both human and God, the Virgin Birth, Death and Resurrection and the Second Coming."[9] The primary role of the TSPM was then delegated to liaison with the Government 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-Self_Patriotic_Movement

https://www.christianitytoday.com/edstetzer/2017/june/china-house-churches-and-growth-of-kingdom.html

MATTHEW.22:21 (NKJV) = And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.”

As long as their salvation is not at stake, Christians should obey Caesar or their national government.

The Chinese communist government requires all Christian churches to be registered, like how she controls/monitors the Internet within China. Did the Chinese communist government require the Chinese pastor to deny/renounce his faith in Jesus Christ/God.?  If yes, then his civil disobedience may be justified or scriptural, even if he is to be martyred. If no, then his civil disobedience may not be justified or not scriptural.