IGNORED

The levit priests only received 1/100 why the pastors ask for 1/10 ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

The Levit tribe who received tithe donation from the Hebrew must spare 1/10 of the tithe for the priests a the Temple.

Therefore the priests at the Temple of God in Jerusalem received only 1/100, why do most pastors ask for 1/10 ?

Numbers 18:26 Thus speak unto the Levites, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes which I have given you from them for your inheritance, then ye shall offer up an heave offering of it for the Lord, even a TENTH part of the tithe.

28 Thus ye also shall offer an heave offering unto the Lord of all your tithes, which ye receive of the children of Israel; and ye shall give thereof the Lord’s heave offering to Aaron the priest.

AND GOD DID NOT ASK FOR MONEY AS TITHE BUT CROP AND HERDS.

Leviticus 27: 30 And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the Lord’s: it is holy unto the Lord.

Leviticus 27:32 And concerning the tithe of the herd, or of the flock, even of whatsoever passeth under the rod, the tenth shall be holy unto the Lord.

WHO GAVE THE PASTORS THE APPROVAL TO CHANGE TITHES INTO MONEY ?

TITHES WERE GIVEN FOR THE LEVITES, WHO GAVE THE PASTORS APPROVAL TO TAKE IT FOR  FOR THEIR WALLET ?

Numbers 18:26 Thus speak unto the LEVITES, and say unto them, When ye take of the children of Israel the tithes WHICH I HAVE GIVEN YOU from them for your inheritance,

THE EARLY CHURCH OF APOSTLES NEVER ASKED FOR TITHE, IF THEY DID THEY WOULD BE ARRESTED BY THE HEBREWS IN JERUSALEM FOR STEALING THE RIGHTS OF THE LEVITS.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  593
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  55,864
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

inflation.....

• Haha 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not sure of what churches you are familiar with, but I don't know of any churches where the pastor "asks" for money - tithe or not.  Maybe there are, but I just don't know of them.

Some people at my church tithe on their own accord, some give what they want to above or below the tithe, some give absolutely nothing, and that money is use for a host of things:  keeping the electricity on, giving to world hunger, supporting missionaries abroad, paying a stipend to the pastor, benevolence for the community in need, and more.  Who decides?  The church body.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  763
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,897
  • Content Per Day:  3.09
  • Days Won:  1

13 minutes ago, Jayne said:

that money is use for a host of things:  keeping the electricity on, giving to world hunger, supporting missionaries abroad, paying a stipend to the pastor, benevolence for the community in need, and more.  Who decides?  The church body.

The church indeed needs money for the ministry jobs, thats fully understandable, but they should not copy paste the tithe teaching given to the Hebrew.