• Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46
  • Days Won:  1

Scripture says; 

Ephesians 5:10 (NASB)

“trying to learn what is pleasing to the Lord.”

This here is the proper heart before God. Trying to learn what is pleasing to Him. We all fall short in many areas. But as long as we walk in the integrity of our hearts before God,  He can  both use us and we can grow. Though when we do something that displeases Him we will lose our peace before Him. The heart that looks to please Him in all things, will be quick to turn back or torward Him and ask “why is my spirit, disquieted in me”. Than God in His faithfulness is very quick,  to the open heart before Him, to respond to such a heart. With,  as scripture says “healing in His wings”. Blessed are they that have and look to have this heart in them. For the heart that can say when all things are falling apart and all things are dark, the heart that says;

“where am I to go, You have the Words of eternal life”.

Will most assuredly be filled. 

Blessings

Much love in Christ, Not me  

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3

I’ve often thought of this post sitting here since Friday.

Posts that speak to my heart about growing in Christ are welcome because I need them.

I read every word and between the lines, searching for something from Him for me.

And I never go away empty. I feel I’ve come to see His heart a little more.

Thank you for portraying Him so beautifully with "Healing in His Wings"...

I'm learning that walking in the integrity of our hearts is one of the meanings of walking in righteousness.

And He blesses righteousness.

I want to be blessed and have a proper heart in me. A heart that looks to please the Lord in all things.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14

2 hours ago, In Him said:

Posts that speak to my heart about growing in Christ are welcome because I need them.

I read every word and between the lines, searching for something from Him for me.

I'm learning that walking in the integrity of our hearts is one of the meanings of walking in righteousness.

I want to be blessed and have a proper heart in me. A heart that looks to please the Lord in all things.

Thank you for such kind and encouraging words.

Yes, walking in the integrity of your heart torward God is walking in righteousness before Him. For that is right. 

Blessed are you as you continue to “search for Him with all your heart.”

But the first part of that scripture says “you shall find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” So rest assured your searching is not in vain, for that “shall” is a promise.

For in the integrity of the heart we search and in the integrity of the heart we find.

“He blesses righteousness”;

When this is seen and sought after in all things, the believer is prepared to have and be in possession of a joy and a peace that is so deep, that nothing in this world can take it away from them. But the action and thought of not walking in righteousness. And this joy never stops growing as long as the believer continues to walk in righteousness.

Because God is God and God is good. 

Blessings. 

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

It is very encouraging to hear the thoughts being shared in this thread. It is easy to forget that there are sincere Christians seeking and thirsting after God's righteousness; when all you see in the world today is Godlessness. It is a breathe of fresh air to see people talking so openly and candidly about their faith.

I can't be thankful enough Jesus for what He has revealed to me. The love and grace that he has poured over me surpasses all understanding. Why did I deserve it? Well, Jesus saw someone that He loved and didn't want him to be alone any more. How comforting is it to know that you will always have someone there for you when everyone else has forsaken you. Who else can you count on like you can with Jesus?

Anyways, sorry for waffling. I just wanted to share how nice it is to be around people that are speaking about God's love.

In peace

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

5 hours ago, UnprofitableServantJames said:

It is very encouraging to hear the thoughts being shared in this thread. It is easy to forget that there are sincere Christians seeking and thirsting after God's righteousness; when all you see in the world today is Godlessness. It is a breathe of fresh air to see people talking so openly and candidly about their faith.

I can't be thankful enough Jesus for what He has revealed to me. The love and grace that he has poured over me surpasses all understanding. Why did I deserve it? Well, Jesus saw someone that He loved and didn't want him to be alone any more. How comforting is it to know that you will always have someone there for you when everyone else has forsaken you. Who else can you count on like you can with Jesus?

Anyways, sorry for waffling. I just wanted to share how nice it is to be around people that are speaking about God's love.

In peace

To have a personal relationship with this God of Love is a wonderful thing.

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me 

edit;

I flashed on your name “Unprofitable Servant” it brought to mind, (with the mention of the word righteousness). That the bare minimum that a sentient being ought to be doing, is righteousness. Than when this is achieved, the servant can than consider themselves “unprofitable” for that is the minimum they “ought and should” be doing. 

Blessings. 

Edited by Not me

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

On 12/16/2018 at 2:17 AM, In Him said:

@In Him I can relate to your hunger for searching for a word from the Lord especially for you. I join with you in praising Him for His faithfulness in providing this. I appreciate your heartfelt sharing. I commend you for your desire to grow in Him. Keep pressing onward. :)

After reading this post of yours, a wonderful promise came to mind: "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." (James 4:8 ) He knows the ache in our hearts for this closeness and will act accordingly when we seek after Him...

• Thumbs Up 1

After reading this post of yours, a wonderful promise came to mind: "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you." (James 4:8 ) He knows the ache in our hearts for this closeness and will act accordingly when we seek after Him...

So true!, this is a wonderful and awesome promise. 

As it shows the Heart of God. All He asks, or needs, is a searching, and open heart. 

Blessings

Edited by Not me
  • Loved it! 1

@Not me This thread deeply touched me. This has been an especially difficult year with trials I never could have imagined... Especially my mom's severe brain injury leaving her without movement or speech. Facing my first Christmas with her in this state brings tears even as I type this. I am definitely sad. I know He understands that we are dust as Psalm 103 says. Yet even in this there is the joy He alone can bring.

Unexpected blessings...Paradoxical though it sounds, this has also been a year in which God's Presence has been more near and sweet than it has in ages. He has revived my sleeping gift of poetry so I can now share it with others. So out of the ashes He has brought beauty.:) Romans 8:28 and Romans 8:38-39 are so true.

So- thanks much for this important topic. 

On 12/14/2018 at 4:40 AM, Not me said:

“where am I to go, You have the Words of eternal life”.

:amen: That says it!

• Praying! 1

24 minutes ago, turtletwo said:

@Not me This thread deeply touched me. This has been an especially difficult year with trials I never could have imagined... Especially my mom's severe brain injury leaving her without movement or speech. Facing my first Christmas with her in this state brings tears even as I type this. I am definitely sad. I know He understands that we are dust as Psalm 103 says. Yet even in this there is the joy He alone can bring.

Unexpected blessings...Paradoxical though it sounds, this has also been a year in which God's Presence has been more near and sweet than it has in ages. He has revived my sleeping gift of poetry so I can now share it with others. So out of the ashes He has brought beauty.:) Romans 8:28 and Romans 8:38-39 are so true.

So- thanks much for this important topic. 

:amen: That says it!

Yes, the pain and struggles we see our loved ones go through,  is a most difficult thing to go through. But God does “work all things together” as you know. So/but keeping our eyes on Christ as we actually  go through the “dark valley” is where growth seems to come from. Not making lite of the others pain or struggle, but in this world we have been promised adversities. But when it is seen and known, that this world is passing away, and the only thing of any value or importance is Christ being formed in all peoples. Love flows regardless of the circumstances. 

Blessings, 

Edited by Not me
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Not me said:

this world is passing away, and the only thing of any value or importance is Christ being formed in all peoples. Love flows regardless of the circumstances. 

Thanks for the comforting reminder that this world is passing away and your uplifting admonition to look at everything in the light of eternity. For focusing us on what matters in the end... 

“God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” Colossians 1:27 

There is a poem my childhood pastor loved that fits in nicely with your thread. I'd like to share this with you (and all readers of this thread) if that is alright.:wub: It's a bit long so I will post it separately. Hope it blesses you and all who visit here. 

• Thumbs Up 1