• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, GandalfTheWise said:

know Christians for whom this was a process and some for whom it was more a one-time event.  I've become very suspicious of one-size-fits-all advice to these things.  When many Christians testify about tangible changes in their lives that God has brought about in particular ways, I want to learn from it rather than dismiss it.

Thanks for your insightful thoughts on a subject that involves the spiritual realm which is at large even for believers not easy to grasp.  I want to reference scripture though as a kind of yardstick to what can actually happen to a person who is in right standing with God and that means coming back to the man "JOB".  If not for that book in the bible, many people who go through severe testing and trials that include the spiritual world would be at a loss to understand why their lives have been turned upside  down.  However, reading the book of JOB, we can see clearly that his afflictions was due in part between God and satan and he was just the vessel God used for his purpose.   So then, a believer can understand that even without a sinful life, severe trial or troubles can come upon him.      The bible does mention in numerous places too, that the Lord would bless and keep his servants if we follow his statues and ways.  There is no telling though of the severity and length of a believers woes and the reason God may choose to do so.  At the end of the day, when JOB complained, God gave him a reminder of who is his maker ect.  

It becomes a dilemma when the christian have come to have a spiritual situation that leads to spiritual warfare. He now feels isolated as he does not know where to turn to see where or what or how this situation can be resolved.  The Lord has not left him alone, but sometimes a soldier has to go through grueling training exercises to go on to rescue others in danger.  It therefore then takes him to places never before imagined.  He then comes to understand many of the enemy  tactics and like Mr. Anderson can provide some useful insights of what is at play and to reassure the believer that to stand firm in the power of the Lord through it all.     

4 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Spurgeon pointed peoples to Christ and Him crucified.

I pity the poor demoniac whom Jesus cast out  legions of demons and didn't have Freud to come by and finish the healing.

The issue is the sufficiency of God and His Word in matters of soul and spirit.

I think if you summarize Mr. Anderson book it does exactly that, it points to the cross.   He does show the different avenues that the enemy uses to attack and trump up even the people of God.  You may not have had the experiences that others have had and therefore not know about those ordeals.   But to each his own and I pray that no one goes through them as they are indeed a drain on the soul body and spirit.  As JOB though, sometimes we may not just know why or what we were given them, but through it all we have to be faithful to him who is able to keep us from falling.  It is truly a time of testing of ones faith I can testify.  

Get this book and have a read.   I bought this book, it must be about ten years or more ago and have not read it since.  I was just browsing through it and so far has not found anything out of the ordinary that would cause a believer to be alarmed or a red flag. In fact, it is exposing the enemy for who he is and what many believers may have misconceptions of.   

I thank George for bringing this book to the forefront at a time when  the church and believers are at a crossroad where science and the world is displaying its glamour to deceive an lure God's people in subtle ways to the world system.  If anyone has issues with this book content, why not post a couple lines as to the objection.  Maybe that would be done at the book meeting, but many would not be able to attend as to work ect.   Thanks again George for bringing some light to the darkness of this world in a public forum.

I would leave this topic here as I have said my piece as a witness and a testimony to the truths in Mr. Anderson book.  Of course he is a man and is liable to mistakes as any other, but I believe his attempt to convey the truth and to help people is genuine and points in the way of biblical values.

23 hours ago, maryjayne said:

The bondage breaker is a great resource which has helped millions of Christians.

Do you have verifiable proof to back your claim?

22 hours ago, maryjayne said:

Jesus gave authority to cast out demons, so yes, Christians can have demons in them, even when saved there can be unresolved demonic issues 

No. Christians do not have demons IN them. The indwelling spirit doesnt share space with evil.

6 minutes ago, maryjayne said:

i am not even going to dignify this comment. If you dont like the book, or the author, or the subject matter, that is not  my problem.

Surely you got that number somewhere right?

Another review that is opposing THIS MANS book.

The Lord calls us to reason things out. I dont see a problem with presenting reviews on the book. Weigh it out according to scripture.  

If it still stands after consideration; okay. 

It if doesnt and one still chooses to laud it; thats between that person and God. It also speaks to their witness!

No need to try to drown out the voice of those who put forth opposing viewpoint. Let Gods word be true and every man a liar. 

https://www.equip.org/article/the-bondage-maker-examining-the-message-and-method-of-neil-t-anderson-part-three-spiritual-warfare-and-the-seven-steps-to-freedom/

Edited by 1sheep

1 hour ago, 1sheep said:

Another review that is opposing THIS MANS book.

The Lord calls us to reason things out. I dont see a problem with presenting reviews on the book. Weigh it out according to scripture.  

If it still stands after consideration; okay. 

It if doesnt and one still chooses to laud it; thats between that person and God. It also speaks to their witness!

No need to try to drown out the voice of those who put forth opposing viewpoint. Let Gods word be true and every man a liar. 

https://www.equip.org/article/the-bondage-maker-examining-the-message-and-method-of-neil-t-anderson-part-three-spiritual-warfare-and-the-seven-steps-to-freedom/

We know that satan does not like his schemes to be exposed and hides,connives and is a master of deceitfulness.  Here I quote Mr. Anderson and his own words.

The bondage breaker  pg.26

"But something radical happened at the cross and in the resurrection that changed the nature of spiritual conflicts forever.  First, Jesus' death and resurrection triumphed over and disarmed the rulers and authorities of the kingdom of darkness (Colossians 2:15). Jesus proclaimed, "All authority has been given to Me in the heaven and on the earth" (Matthew 28:18 ).  Because of the cross satan is a defeated foe, and he has no authority over those won are alive together with Christ and seated with Him in the heavenly places (Ephesians 2:5,6).  

Affirming the truth of Christ's victory and satan's defeat is the PRIMARY step to successfully stand against  the enemy's attempts t intimidate you".

"Second, since you are alive in Christ and seated with Him in the heavenlies, you no longer need an outside agent to effect authority for you. You now reside "in Christ" who has all authority . In order to resist the devil, you first need to understand and appropriate your identity, position, and authority in Christ. Freedom in Christ is your inheritance as a Christian. "

pg. 27

"It is your individual responsibility as a believer to repent and believe the truth that will set you free. Nobody else can do that for you. I can't put on the armor for you, forgive others for you, and take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ for you, but I can help you. Finding your own freedom in Christ and helping others do the same is the focus of part three of this book. "

The above spells out clearly what Mr. Anderson beliefs are and for me it is in line with God's word.   He does not suggest any Freudian approach as some may want to convey, but solid biblical advice .  The man has counselled hundreds of people who did not know where to turn when events took place in their lives.   So those reviews are just satan agents to discredit a man who has a good understanding of what many are suffering from and to expose the  plot that satan and his host of wickedness strive to defeat.  

George has offered the book to those who can't afford it.  Let every reader read the book and let's get some feedback realtime, not from so called professional critics. 

Edited by warrior12

35 minutes ago, SelahSong said:

I don’t need someone  trying to argue with me about it endlessly.  

This is not in defense of anyone, but to the  truth.   No one argued with you endlessly about your preference to read the bible alone.  In fact it is know fact here that many has that preference and that is fine as it is a matter of choice.   I or anyone else should respect your rights to do so, but don't make it being felt that people are against your preference to study the bible as you only devotional material.  A forum is a place where we discuss matters and every so often reoccurring themes would appear and the same old questions and answers would be put forth.  Don't take this to heart sister, but enjoy the topic as it is indeed a vital one.