• Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,461
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,742
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

9 hours ago, maryjayne said:

@George why did you choose this book? maybe it might help some on here to understand, if you wouldnt mind expanding on this please?

First of all, this book is what helped me "quantum leap" into my victorious walk.  Once you understand you are fighting an enemy ... and then you realize that the enemy is already defeated ... now how do you apply principles of taking every thought captive ... and being able to walk in victory each and every day.  I will cover in the class some of the things that can be problematic that Anderson doesn't cover ... from my own experiences.  However, you can't throw out the baby with the bath water!  There's so much valuable information stored that if used properly ... will help you realize how the enemy is at work ... how he attempts to find footholds to become strongholds in your life ... and then how to retake control of your life.

I saw criticism from Equip.org in this thread.  Hank Hanegraff is hardly someone I take criticism from since his organization doesn't believe in the State of Israel ... anything prophetically related was already completed ... before someone criticizes ... you should check out the critic! 

The book is a practical understanding of finding your identity in who you are in the Lord ... your spiritual position ... and how to assert your authority ... 

God bless,

George

• This is Worthy 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward

I removed some snide remarks, and bickering from this thread which were unnecessary and certainly not constructive to the conversation.  :)   Debate the subject ... not the person!   Show some love!  :)  God bless!

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, George said:

First of all, this book is what helped me "quantum leap" into my victorious walk.  Once you understand you are fighting an enemy ... and then you realize that the enemy is already defeated ... now how do you apply principles of taking every thought captive ... and being able to walk in victory each and every day.  I will cover in the class some of the things that can be problematic that Anderson doesn't cover ... from my own experiences.  However, you can't throw out the baby with the bath water!  There's so much valuable information stored that if used properly ... will help you realize how the enemy is at work ... how he attempts to find footholds to become strongholds in your life ... and then how to retake control of your life.

I saw criticism from Equip.org in this thread.  Hank Hanegraff is hardly someone I take criticism from since his organization doesn't believe in the State of Israel ... anything prophetically related was already completed ... before someone criticizes ... you should check out the critic! 

The book is a practical understanding of finding your identity in who you are in the Lord ... your spiritual position ... and how to assert your authority ... 

God bless,

George

George, As a born again Christian I have hope in Jesus Christ. My faith is in Him. The salvation Jesus provides has released us from Satan's stronghold 1 Corinthians 15:55. I give Satan no power. I don't pay any attention to him at all.  

• Steward

4 minutes ago, missmuffet said:

George, As a born again Christian I have hope in Jesus Christ. My faith is in Him. The salvation Jesus provides has released us from Satan's stronghold 1 Corinthians 15:55. I give Satan no power. I don't pay any attention to him at all.  

... and yet Satan walks about like a lion seeking whom He may devour.  To ignore the enemy ... is just as big as a error as giving the enemy too much credit.  Both extremes can become a problem.  However, Paul said, we are not ignorant of the enemies tactics ... As the Chinese General Sun Tzu said about wars ... "If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,146
  • Content Per Day:  1.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/16/2018 at 12:51 AM, angels4u said:

Many people are still learning  what he Bible has to say about this, it's a topic not very many people like to talk about , but so very important as many are getting deceived :(

what if you have what i call x rated thinking at times and dark thinking where does that come from then?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

35 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

what if you have what i call x rated thinking at times and dark thinking where does that come from then?

Hi Mabel, the enemy does not like to see us happy in Jesus and to trust Him for all things and he tries to deceive us in thinking that we're never good enough and that God doesn't really care about us and maybe He doesn't want us to go to heaven , that's all doing of the enemy ,he will do what he can to distract a Christian from his/her inner peace with God and will make them feel guilty of not living up to Gods standards, the key is to recognize when that happens and to change your thoughts right away of what the Bible says, don't give the enemy a chance to rob you of anything that God has given to you. As a Christian, we have to believe in God and what is in the Bible, the minute we doubt anything of the scripture, the enemy gets hope and will try to get you down. Often he works through other people and family members to get us frustrated or upset, everything that is not of God is of the enemy and the darkness is his domain, he is the prince of this earth.

Hebrews 4:16 tells us, "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

John 8:36 

36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

We will still sin as a believer but we should hate the sin and when we sin we can come to God and confess our sins and through Jesus, He will forgive us from our sins, He will remove them as far as the east is from the west, do you know how far that is?

Who I am in Christ

I am Accepted in Christ

John 1:12I am God's child

John 15:15I am Christ's friend

Romans 5:1I have been justified

1Cor 6:17I am united with the Lord and one with Him in spirit

1 Cor 6:20I have been bought with a price, I belong to God

1 Cor 12:27I am a member of Christ's body

Ephesians 1:1I am a saint

Ephesians 1:5I have been adopted as God's child

Ephesians 2:18I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit

Colossians 1:14I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins

Colossians 2:10I am complete in Christ

I am Secure in Christ

Romans 8:1-2I am free forever from condemnation

Romans 8:28I am assured that all things work together for good

Rom 8:33-34I am free from any condemning charges against me

Romans 8:35I cannot be separated from the love of God

2 Cor 1:21I have been established anointed and sealed by God

Colossians 3:3I am hidden with Christ in God

Philippians 1:6I am confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected

Phil 3:20I am a citizen of heaven

2 Timothy 1:7I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind

Hebrews 4:16I can find grace and mercy in time of need

1 John 5:18I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me

I Am Significant in Christ

Matt5:13-14I am the salt and light of the earth

John 15:1,5I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life

John 15:16I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit

Acts 1:8I am a personal witness of Christ's

1 Cor 3:16I am God's temple

2 Cor 5:17-20I am a minister of reconciliation

2 Cor 6:1I am God's co-worker

Ephesisans 2:6I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm

Ephesians 2:10I am God's workmanship

Ephesians 3:12I may approach God with freedom and confidence

Philippians 4:13I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

http://www.webministries.info/papers/whoiamin.htm

2 hours ago, angels4u said:

Hi Mabel, the enemy does not like to see us happy in Jesus and to trust Him for all things and he tries to deceive us in thinking that we're never good enough and that God doesn't really care about us and maybe He doesn't want us to go to heaven , that's all doing of the enemy ,he will do what he can to distract a Christian from his/her inner peace with God and will make them feel guilty of not living up to Gods standards, the key is to recognize when that happens and to change your thoughts right away of what the Bible says, don't give the enemy a chance to rob you of anything that God has given to you. As a Christian, we have to believe in God and what is in the Bible, the minute we doubt anything of the scripture, the enemy gets hope and will try to get you down. Often he works through other people and family members to get us frustrated or upset, everything that is not of God is of the enemy and the darkness is his domain, he is the prince of this earth.

Hebrews 4:16 tells us, "Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

John 8:36 

36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

We will still sin as a believer but we should hate the sin and when we sin we can come to God and confess our sins and through Jesus, He will forgive us from our sins, He will remove them as far as the east is from the west, do you know how far that is?

Who I am in Christ

I am Accepted in Christ

John 1:12I am God's child

John 15:15I am Christ's friend

Romans 5:1I have been justified

1Cor 6:17I am united with the Lord and one with Him in spirit

1 Cor 6:20I have been bought with a price, I belong to God

1 Cor 12:27I am a member of Christ's body

Ephesians 1:1I am a saint

Ephesians 1:5I have been adopted as God's child

Ephesians 2:18I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit

Colossians 1:14I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins

Colossians 2:10I am complete in Christ

I am Secure in Christ

Romans 8:1-2I am free forever from condemnation

Romans 8:28I am assured that all things work together for good

Rom 8:33-34I am free from any condemning charges against me

Romans 8:35I cannot be separated from the love of God

2 Cor 1:21I have been established anointed and sealed by God

Colossians 3:3I am hidden with Christ in God

Philippians 1:6I am confident that the good work God has begun in me will be perfected

Phil 3:20I am a citizen of heaven

2 Timothy 1:7I have not been given a spirit of fear but of power love and a sound mind

Hebrews 4:16I can find grace and mercy in time of need

1 John 5:18I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me

I Am Significant in Christ

Matt5:13-14I am the salt and light of the earth

John 15:1,5I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life

John 15:16I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit

Acts 1:8I am a personal witness of Christ's

1 Cor 3:16I am God's temple

2 Cor 5:17-20I am a minister of reconciliation

2 Cor 6:1I am God's co-worker

Ephesisans 2:6I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm

Ephesians 2:10I am God's workmanship

Ephesians 3:12I may approach God with freedom and confidence

Philippians 4:13I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

http://www.webministries.info/papers/whoiamin.htm

thanks so much for this.

i believe i have been a battle most if not all of my life. and being a christian hasnt 'cured' me. its relentless

Edited by existential mabel

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.87

On 12/17/2018 at 1:54 PM, existential mabel said:

i believe i have been a battle most if not all of my life. and being a christian hasnt 'cured' me. its relentless

I can echo those words thousands of times.   

I often wonder how many believers has been through spiritual warfare and I mean realtime engagement with spirit beings who come to oppress, afflict and the likes.   It is a world that you cannot see and therefore very difficult if not impossible to explain or paint.   I can testify as I have done many times here before that it is real as the sun that shines and at first can be very intimidating, frustrating and wearisome.  How far can it go, I don't know, but for me it seem like a never ending struggle.   Sometimes, you do ask, "where are you Lord".  The answer always comes by knowing what the word had said and FAITH.   For faith is the substance hoped for the evidence of things not seen.

Revealing things of the spiritual battles would mean detailing things of my personal life which I would not do on a forum.    I really thank the Lord for the book of JOB, as it shows that even a just and upright man in the sight of the Lord can be used in ways that we may think unfair,  but as JOB said, "He is the Lord,he can do as he pleases" [paraphrased].

The only part of the BONDAGE BREAKER  that I may see as issues that believers may have is in Chapter 13 , which is titiled steps to freedom.   Here Mr. Anderson give some advice to identify the many issues that may have caused demonic influences and makes checklist of them and suggests that we repent and pray for them individually, while in general believers have as the freedom in Christ when you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord , is all that is needed. This part is every believer's choice as to how he sees this, but when one is harassed, he tends to think that this may be warranted.

I would say this.  Even my own family who are believers have a difficult time seeing the picture I paint for them with spiritual warfare and thinks anxiety and the likes may be the issue, when I know for sure it is not the case.   It all comes down to, how you read scripture and see the life we live here , is it one of blessings only or can the Lord use one for his purpose .  It is not for the fainthearted to do battle in the spiritual realm, but we have to stand firm till the end for that crown of life.

Edited by warrior12

On 12/18/2018 at 6:50 PM, warrior12 said:

I can echo those words thousands of times.   

I often wonder how many believers has been through spiritual warfare and I mean realtime engagement with spirit beings who come to oppress, afflict and the likes.   It is a world that you cannot see and therefore very difficult if not impossible to explain or paint.   I can testify as I have done many times here before that it is real as the sun that shines and at first can be very intimidating, frustrating and wearisome.  How far can it go, I don't know, but for me it seem like a never ending struggle.   Sometimes, you do ask, "where are you Lord".  The answer always comes by knowing what the word had said and FAITH.   For faith is the substance hoped for the evidence of things not seen.

Revealing things of the spiritual battles would mean detailing things of my personal life which I would not do on a forum.    I really thank the Lord for the book of JOB, as it shows that even a just and upright man in the sight of the Lord can be used in ways that we may think unfair,  but as JOB said, "He is the Lord,he can do as he pleases" [paraphrased].

The only part of the BONDAGE BREAKER  that I may see as issues that believers may have is in Chapter 13 , which is titiled steps to freedom.   Here Mr. Anderson give some advice to identify the many issues that may have caused demonic influences and makes checklist of them and suggests that we repent and pray for them individually, while in general believers have as the freedom in Christ when you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord , is all that is needed. This part is every believer's choice as to how he sees this, but when one is harassed, he tends to think that this may be warranted.

I would say this.  Even my own family who are believers have a difficult time seeing the picture I paint for them with spiritual warfare and thinks anxiety and the likes may be the issue, when I know for sure it is not the case.   It all comes down to, how you read scripture and see the life we live here , is it one of blessings only or can the Lord use one for his purpose .  It is not for the fainthearted to do battle in the spiritual realm, but we have to stand firm till the end for that crown of life.

I  may have opened some doors …in my desperation to make sense and the church was not that place I went to, in the past, cos it was/is too austere or to crazy gee nothing helpful.

I think it all started after going to college such a cauldron of liberal attitudes and behaviours. I would never send  a young person to college they would have to pay themselves to go is how I think about a college environment.

Yes I have seen a manifestation on one occasion and more of an encounter on another.  I have done this very thing gone through the steps oh a few years back now. Yes it truly is a l0nely road to travel and quite frankly the ‘help’ out there is just not existent is my experience.

I like I have said have done the steps to freedom but I still do battle nothing much changed .

Edited by existential mabel

• Steward

16 minutes ago, existential mabel said:

I like I have said have done the steps to freedom but I still do battle nothing much changed .

I remember my first years of battle -- in renewing the mind -- it's really the concept that Paul lays out so clearly.

2Co 10:4  For the weapons of our warfare are not fleshly, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, 
2Co 10:5  pulling down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought into the obedience of Christ; 
2Co 10:6  and having readiness to avenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled. 

Once you battle, and are in battle for every thought -- and taking those attacks and turning them as weapons -- you'll find that the battle becomes easier.

For example, a thought comes into mind -- you're not praying enough -- I turn it -- You're right -- I begin to start praying right then and there and start on a full out assault in the spiritual realm.    Take those negative thoughts -- and make it into a battle plan for yourself.    Once you start doing that, you'll be amazed at how the assaults no longer come from thoughts -- but attacks from those who are on the outside!

Continue pressing forward ... and seize today ... focus on just today -- win today's battles -- for tomorrow's worries are for tomorrow!