lightmyway

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

As someone diagnosed with multiple mental illness’s, I discovered for myself personally it is not diagnostic by any scientific medical evidence. And the absence of proof definitely amounts to proof of absence. From personal experience, the medications I was on for many years I found to be completely ineffective. I was also put on a antipsychotic drug well above the maximum recommended dose..

The symptoms ceased when I had a deliverance in 2011 after involvement with the paranormal occult stuff.  However it was a long difficult time getting off all the drugs. And needed to be done over many months. 

The DSM used to declare homosexuality a mental illness and has gotten much broader.  I’m not sure why so many people believe and trust everything psychiatric doctors say without question.. They are fallible 

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

I have been diagnosed with chronic undifferentiated schizophrenia, acute paranoid schizophrenia, and Asperger's Syndrome. Maybe ones would say I have differentiated > gotten more specialized.

Well, I looked up Asperger's and was astounded how it had so many items which were a match for my ways. However > I noted > all the ones which applied to me had to do with me not being a loving person the way Jesus wants. So, right away, I kept trusting God to change me so I am more and more genuinely loving the way the Bible says we all need to become.

And I read the comments of doctors who diagnosed me. Whether or not their diagnosis and treatments were correct, I could benefit from however they might point out something that really was wrong with me.

But, before all this, I had been a bully and planning to live a life of evil for the sake of it. But during the eighth grade, I was changed from that, but then I became a religious screwball who did not relate well. Then I trusted in Jesus, and years later I watched reality shows about predators, in order to see if any of their ways might be like mine. I might not do what they might, but their ways of sin could be like mine > like how what makes a grandfather tick can be the same principles as what makes a wristwatch tick.

And I was very surprised, at how a predator can be very intelligent and charming and able to communicate, and uses this in order to get victims to trust the predator and get isolated where the predator can do whatever the predator pleases to the person. So, the predator, I could see, depends on intelligence and charm and smart talking because the predator has no love for getting what the person could be getting by means of love. And the person is trying to use people.

Well > no, I was not trying to hurt anyone, but I could depend on intelligence and charm to get what I want from people. And so I could be trying to use people.

After all, we all have sinned. Satan's ways can be in all of us. Love does not have us just using anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe you. The enemy has tactics to influence a person in this way. But Jesus power is greater - once you are aware. It's a fight to win souls. Going on all the time. Prayer is our weapon.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

28 minutes ago, Melinda12 said:

I believe you. The enemy has tactics to influence a person in this way. But Jesus power is greater - once you are aware. It's a fight to win souls. Going on all the time. Prayer is our weapon.

By calling wrong behavior a disease instead of what God calls it,  a sin,  many people have been prevented from being helped, more have been directed to more sinfulness instead of being raised in the way they should go,  and truth and justice was buried and often forgotten in a myriad of legalities.
By changing vitamin / nutritional deficiencies into multiple different diseases "legally",  and preventing doctors from acknowledging what they proved before drugs were used,   many epidemics have been very profitable for corporations and agencies set up for what used to be simple to handle.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

People have lost their diagnosis, when they got another doctor's help.   Not always, no, but often enough to get more testing when possible.

And there's many testimonies of people healed by prayer,  OT, NT,  and in the last 2000 years, frequently.

Edited by simplejeff

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  10/27/1990

I am diagnosed with bipolar w/ psychotic features and OCD. My medicine seems to help me, but sometimes I do wonder if my psychotic breaks were actually spiritual attacks. Honestly not sure where mental illness falls in a biblical perspective. I kinda reckon it is maybe a sort of thorn like Paul's to keep us humble and coming back to God. Not sure though.

I agree with this post. Though people should certainly make good use of professional medical help, it is wise to remember that that is not all there is to it. 

I say take ALL possible help in mental illness. There are powerful spiritual forces at work. Turn to Jesus Christ and pray for Him to help you. Only He can deal with such forces. When our Lord Jesus frees you, you will be free indeed!

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I started off going to a Fundamentalist Protestant Christian private school when I was little. The work was too hard, too much to finish.  My parents put me in a regular public elementary school after second grade, in third grade I was in a public school class room. It was a major culture shock, the other kids were very different, they might go to church and be Christians, probably a lot of them were Catholics, but they were not dedicated Christians like my family, they were of the world, and these kids did stuff my parents would never allow me and my sister to do. 

Anyway in third grade public school, I was sent to the school psychiatrist. I was very shy and barely strung three words together. I guess I acted weird. I had trouble because I had been taught not to talk, that talking in class was very bad, plus I was naturally shy. The other kids liked to tease me, they tried to get on the side of me where I had been taught to be obedient. Well I had no idea what a psychiatrist was, she did all these stupid tests. The school people and other child psychiatrists did tests on me, and when I think back on it I feel very angry about it. The world cannot tolerate anyone who is different. The mentally il, the handicap, mentally challenged, disabled, get treated like dirt by stuck up 'normal' people, when its the normal ones that are trash. I was put in special classes for students with learning disabilities. My teacher was very special, she was wonderful, a great teacher. I learned a lot, she inspired me to write stories. 

Anyway when I went into middle school I was in another special education class with a different teacher. She was nice too. My parents, at the suggestion of the school board, took me to see a child psychiatrist and psychologist. They did the ink blot test, ask questions, They tested my fine motor skills discovered I was clumsy and had trouble with hand-eye coordination. I can't play sports, but I can draw and paint well, my mom gave me art lessons, they were great I learned about different kinds of art and in class experimented with different media and colors. I saw a psychiatrist who prescribed pharmecy medicine for my problems. I don't think I had any seroius mental problems but there were side effects on the prescription medicine I had to take, i hated taking it. I went through teenage problems.  I became interested in fantasy novels and movies. I started to like dragons. I always liked unicorns and fairies and Disney princesses since i was a little girl. I questioned my Christian faith I wondered if the God of the Bible was really a good god. Why is there so much blood shed and cruelty in the Bible, and in the world. The pain, suffering and evil of this world got me down. I suffered and wanted to leave this earth. Sometimes I was suicidal. I wished God would take me away to heaven. I read passages of the bilbe that were unpleasant, the devil encouraged me to become angry and rebellious, afraid and hurtful toward God. 

I think I have depression, a small amount of schizophrenia, I dream and imagine of better things, i fear and worry about bad and worse things. I read about different religions, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinhuism, Wicca, New Age, I learned about different denominations of Christianity, Catholicism, Eastern Orthodox, Lutherans, Episcopalian church of England, Methodist, Baptist, Amish, Quakers, Just a brief paragraph about each. 

But I have discovered I need Jehovah/Yahweh and His Son Jesus Christ savior of all humanity. When I am hurting, he heals my broken heart. There is something inside me that hurts, that feels broken and is in need of love. The devil knows how to strike where it hurts the most, he makes me feel to ashamed or uncomfortable to pray. Then, when I do pray It relieves me of the pain and uncomfortable feeling. I know Jesus Christ is the healer of broken hearts. I still see psychiatrists and take prescription medicine, but I think my Lord heals the best. Of all the religions I've read about, I have come home to Christ. Easter is coming soon, I want to praise the Lord Christ he has saved me from my own foolish ways.

Edited by heavensflower
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  10

On 3/13/2019 at 8:34 PM, Mozart's Starling said:

I am diagnosed with bipolar w/ psychotic features and OCD. My medicine seems to help me, but sometimes I do wonder if my psychotic breaks were actually spiritual attacks. Honestly not sure where mental illness falls in a biblical perspective. I kinda reckon it is maybe a sort of thorn like Paul's to keep us humble and coming back to God. Not sure though.

Wow that's a great way to look at it!

Edited by Renewed Daily
Adding detail

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  10

A great way to look at it ...as in being like Paul's thorn.