lightmyway

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  146
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Hmm...makes me question the psychological tactics of the church. Just earlier somebody or somebodies used a really hurtful experience to "discipline" me. They bring that event to my remembrance whenever they feel like it as a weapon. All just because they can "hear" me. Smh Or maybe I'm just "behind" or delayed in my experiences and with what happened because it was "too much for me to handle"

Edited by RarexxRose
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

A great way to look at it ...as in being like Paul's thorn.

There is so much stigma with society as a whole because of a lack of understanding (or going through such a thing on a continual basis).

Yes, there definately is a war going on in the spiritual realm, as well as in the mind.

I have prayed and prayed over this issue, I'm not going to say that it can't be healed immediatly, because I know He is able. However, we don't see time as He does, nor think the way He does, He is all knowing!

We were all born on this earth with a sinful nature.

Some have been brought up in very destructive homes or situations with abuse, which distorts the way our brains develop as a child, which in turn leads to having difficulties dealing with situations. It takes time to heal wounds like that and a restructuring of our thought processes.

I have been a believer since I was a child, yet I have gone through some pretty horrific things, as many have.

We have to remember He is in control and helps us when we call out, it may not be the way we think or be exactly the method we want. Hardship brings us to our knees. For example, if we were to pray for patience... would that be immediate?

My hope is that those who read this may see some light on this issue.

Please keep in mind that some people are just trying to reach out when theyre on the brink of destruction, they want help, not harsh words.

I myself have struggled with mental illness and still do. It's not pleasant by any means, but we do need to keep seeking and trusting our Lord, Savior, and Friend in all things!

Only He knows the real you. 

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  29

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

On 2/11/2019 at 11:47 AM, com7fy8 said:

I was not trying to hurt anyone, but I could depend on intelligence and charm to get what I want from people. And so I could be trying to use people.

you just described 90% of the population

laugh

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

21 hours ago, naominash said:

I've concluded that I just happen to be "extra sensitive" to both demonic activity and the Lord and His angels. 

Its like I start getting way too much feedback about the unseen realm that affects us.

God was with me in such a profound way during my psychotic break. But it also felt like I had to fight demonic oppression.

I've had the same thought about my own "mental" issues, namely  that I am overly sensitive to evil. 

The longer you walk with Jesus and try to do  what He says, the more sensitive you will be. Also, the devil attacks you more.. sigh

Edited by cantankerous5

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  7,689
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  20

On 3/13/2019 at 10:34 PM, Mozart's Starling said:

I am diagnosed with bipolar w/ psychotic features and OCD. My medicine seems to help me, but sometimes I do wonder if my psychotic breaks were actually spiritual attacks. Honestly not sure where mental illness falls in a biblical perspective. I kinda reckon it is maybe a sort of thorn like Paul's to keep us humble and coming back to God. Not sure though.

Paul received heavenly visits and revelation greater than anyone we know today,  and Yahuweh's(God's) Word says so - and says that that is why hasatan's messenger was sent or allowed to buffet Paul.

23 hours ago, naominash said:

I have these same questions about my psychotic episodes.

I've concluded that I just happen to be "extra sensitive" to both demonic activity and the Lord and His angels. 

Its like I start getting way too much feedback about the unseen realm that affects us.

God was with me in such a profound way during my psychotic break. But it also felt like I had to fight demonic oppression.

A lot of people are extra sensitive,  but that just means weak today, as so many are subject to the darkness and not willing or not able to get free.  (false churches, all around the world (and all across the usa) increase the problems,  not being very helpful nor understanding, as seen all around the world).    Many weak people on the forums all over the internet are subject to the prince of the power of the air,  and might never be free.  Some even claim, in error, to be "stronger",  talking to the enemy,  not realizing they are slaves of sin deceived and deceiving others,  not stronger.

Hardly any groups (churches or otherwise) even permit healing and deliverance,  from sickness or from other.

One good testimony by Smith Wigglesworth might help enlighten some,  or get some more people "hungry and thirsty" for what God has to give as stated in His Word,  extravagantly and generously, freely  >

"When I met this woman I saw she was in great pain, and I have great sympathy for people who have tried to get relief and have failed. If you preachers lose your compassion you can stop preaching, fof it won’t be any good. You will only be successful as a preacher as you let your heart become filled with the compassion of Jesus. As soon as I saw her I entered into the state of her mind. I saw how distressed she was. She came to me in a mournful spirit, and her whole face was downcast. I said to her, “There are two things going to happen today. One is that you are to know that you are sayed.” “Oh, if I could only know I was saved,” she said. “There is another thing. You have to go out of this hotel without a pain, without a trace of the cancer.”

Then I began with the Word. Oh this wonderful Word! We do not have to go up to bring Him down; neither do we have to go down to bring Him up. “The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach.” Romans 10:8. I said, “Believe that He took your sins when He died at the cross. Believe that when He was buried, it was for you. Believe that when He arose, it was for you. And now at God’s right hand He is sitting for you. If you can believe in your heart and confess with your mouth, you shall be saved.” She looked at me saying, “Oh, it is going all through my body. I know I am saved now. If He comes today, I’ll go. How I have dreaded, the thought of His coming all my life! But if He comes today, I know I shall be ready.”

The first thing was finished. Now for the second. I laid my hands upon her in the name of Jesus, believing in my heart that I could say what I wanted and it should be done. I said, “In the name of Jesus, I cast this out.” She jumped up. “Two things have happened,” she said. “I am saved and now the cancer is gone.”

Faith will stand amid the wrecks of time,

Faith unto eternal glories climb;

Only count the promise true,

And the Lord will stand by you—

Faith will win the victory every time!

So many people have nervous trouble. I’ll tell you how to get rid of your nervous trouble. I have something in my bag, one dose of which will cure you. “I am the Lord that healeth thee.” How this wonderful Word of God changes the situation. “Perfect love casteth out fear.” “There is no fear in love.” I have tested that so often, casting out the whole condition of fear and the whole situation has been changed. We have a big God, only He has to be absolutely and only trusted. The people who really do believe God are strong, and “he that hath clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.”

• 2 weeks later...

On 5/30/2019 at 3:24 PM, cantankerous5 said:

I've had the same thought about my own "mental" issues, namely  that I am overly sensitive to evil. 

The longer you walk with Jesus and try to do  what He says, the more sensitive you will be. Also, the devil attacks you more.. sigh

Remaining subject to evil is much different than being overly sensitive to evil.

Whenever anyone remains in a cult, for instance,  like remaining in a Catholic group,  they subject themselves to daily abominations and curses.   Thus,  the devil is given permission to cause more problems.  Jesus is ignored and left out.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

On 12/14/2018 at 6:18 PM, lightmyway said:
As someone diagnosed with multiple mental illness’s, I discovered for myself personally it is not diagnostic by any scientific medical evidence. And the absence of proof definitely amounts to proof of absence. From personal experience, the medications I was on for many years I found to be completely ineffective. I was also put on a antipsychotic drug well above the maximum recommended dose..

The symptoms ceased when I had a deliverance in 2011 after involvement with the paranormal occult stuff.  However it was a long difficult time getting off all the drugs. And needed to be done over many months. 

The DSM used to declare homosexuality a mental illness and has gotten much broader.  I’m not sure why so many people believe and trust everything psychiatric doctors say without question.. They are fallible 

A pet scan can diagnose some mental disorders. Mental illnesses are real. Just like diabetes or a thyroid disorder the brain can have an illness as well. It may make some who have a mental illness more vulnerable to satanic attacks but if a person who is a born again Christian has a mental illness that person has the Holy Spirit within them. They can not be possessed by demons. 

Edited by missmuffet

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  34

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

A pet scan can diagnose some mental disorders. Mental illnesses are real. Just like diabetes or a thyroid disorder the brain can have an illness as well. It may make some who have a mental illness more vulnerable to satanic attacks but if a person who is a born again Christian has a mental illness that person has the Holy Spirit within them. They can not be possessed by demons. 

You are right in part, we cannot blame defenseless spirits. However, no biological markers have been found. Lots of money and research by the industry have proved nothing. I’m leaning more towards it being a psychological phenomenon of the mind (being different from the brain). They have a rational basis. The human mind malfunctions fairly easily when someone has endured traumatizing events. at the highest levels of fear, the mind starts to malfunction.

2 minutes ago, lightmyway said:

You are right in part, we cannot blame defenseless spirits. However, no biological markers have been found. Lots of money and research by the industry have proved nothing. I’m leaning more towards it being a psychological phenomenon of the mind (being different from the brain). They have a rational basis. The human mind malfunctions fairly easily when someone has endured traumatizing events. at the highest levels of fear, the mind starts to malfunction.

Who told you that ?   Did you investigate in other places not under the usual routes ?   (if your talking about what malnutrition, and poisons,  and stress from broken parts or pieces, and dehydration can cause)

• Thumbs Up 1