Sign in to follow this  
lightmyway

Spiritual Warfare In Mental Illness

3 hours ago, missmuffet said:

A pet scan can diagnose some mental disorders. Mental illnesses are real. Just like diabetes or a thyroid disorder the brain can have an illness as well. It may make some who have a mental illness more vulnerable to satanic attacks but if a person who is a born again Christian has a mental illness that person has the Holy Spirit within them. They can not be possessed by demons. 

You are right in part, we cannot blame defenseless spirits. However, no biological markers have been found. Lots of money and research by the industry have proved nothing. I’m leaning more towards it being a psychological phenomenon of the mind (being different from the brain). They have a rational basis. The human mind malfunctions fairly easily when someone has endured traumatizing events. at the highest levels of fear, the mind starts to malfunction.

2 minutes ago, lightmyway said:

You are right in part, we cannot blame defenseless spirits. However, no biological markers have been found. Lots of money and research by the industry have proved nothing. I’m leaning more towards it being a psychological phenomenon of the mind (being different from the brain). They have a rational basis. The human mind malfunctions fairly easily when someone has endured traumatizing events. at the highest levels of fear, the mind starts to malfunction.

Who told you that ?   Did you investigate in other places not under the usual routes ?   (if your talking about what malnutrition, and poisons,  and stress from broken parts or pieces, and dehydration can cause)

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

As someone with a degree in Psychology, I can say I talked with the head of my department and asked him if he encountered those he could not account for after going through ever diagnosis known in psychoanalysis and treatment. He said yes. I asked him if he believed in demon possession? He said yes. As a youth pastor of an Assemblies of God Church I assisted my pastor in an exorcism. I can say what I saw, heard, and experienced there was beyond what average people accept as reality. It is not something those that are not trained, strong in faith, or with those in both should enter into; period! Help is available but choose wisely!   

Only go there as a LAST resort!

Edited by Tampered With
Clearification
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

6 hours ago, Tampered With said:

As someone with a degree in Psychology, I can say I talked with the head of my department and asked him if he encountered those he could not account for after going through ever diagnosis known in psychoanalysis and treatment. He said yes. I asked him if he believed in demon possession? He said yes. As a youth pastor of an Assemblies of God Church I assisted my pastor in an exorcism. I can say what I saw, heard, and experienced there was beyond what average people accept as reality. It is not something those that are not trained, strong in faith, or with those in both should enter into; period! Help is available but choose wisely!   

Only go there as a LAST resort!

I used to believe there was until recently. Can all be explained by severe anxiety. Panic attacks warp your perception of yourself and the world. It seems psychotic but it's not because it settles immediately when the panic settles. Nothing that requires supernatural explanation. 

What are "defenseless spirits"???

Problem with all the psyche stuff is that it has great labels and great pills but solves nothing.

Not so long ago if you got an injury (from ANY source) you may suffer from gangrene. The gangrene often killed where the original injury did not.

Satan and his minion spirits are like gangrene working on an injured soul.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

What are "defenseless spirits"???

Problem with all the psyche stuff is that it has great labels and great pills but solves nothing.

Not so long ago if you got an injury (from ANY source) you may suffer from gangrene. The gangrene often killed where the original injury did not.

Satan and his minion spirits are like gangrene working on an injured soul.

Problem is, the overwhelming majority of Christians and the church nearly all subscribe to groupthink. Sorry.  I tried to explain to many Christians close to me within the church the situation I had before, but it fell on deaf ears without any help or advice. Tried doing things myself in 2011. But it doesn’t seem real to me anymore..  I have better things to do in life now. 

Edited by lightmyway

There are no magic pills or words in the field of Psychology to heal people that is why so many psychiatrists commit suicide because they don't have all the answers. They may give you some insight into areas where you may have problems but answers are few and far between. Even then many of them have more problems than those going to them for help. I'm not saying not to seek help but that just like going to your regular doctor they do not always have easy answers. Sometimes there are chemical imbalances, and mental  imbalances can be caused by all sorts of causes from the latter to much more serious causes including spiritual ones. Such things are not easily diagnosed yet some seem to think they can and cause more harm than good. Some ascribe everything to mental illness and others to spiritual illness; beware of both. Unfortunately most humans ascribe to groupthink to some extent. It is hard to find people who will listen to you and what is happening inside your body. All I can say is keep trying but also try to evaluate what others are trying to tell you for any useful knowledge you can apply to your situation. 

1 hour ago, Tampered With said:

There are no magic pills or words in the field of Psychology to heal people that is why so many psychiatrists commit suicide because they don't have all the answers. They may give you some insight into areas where you may have problems but answers are few and far between. Even then many of them have more problems than those going to them for help. I'm not saying not to seek help but that just like going to your regular doctor they do not always have easy answers. Sometimes there are chemical imbalances, and mental  imbalances can be caused by all sorts of causes from the latter to much more serious causes including spiritual ones. Such things are not easily diagnosed yet some seem to think they can and cause more harm than good. Some ascribe everything to mental illness and others to spiritual illness; beware of both. Unfortunately most humans ascribe to groupthink to some extent. It is hard to find people who will listen to you and what is happening inside your body. All I can say is keep trying but also try to evaluate what others are trying to tell you for any useful knowledge you can apply to your situation. 

Many psychiatrists commit suicide? I wasn't aware of that. If mental disorder is genetic, as they insist, then a number of psychiatrists should be on antidepressants. I have never heard of a psychiatrist who takes these drugs. I don't think any psychiatrist would take those drugs, they wouldn't dare. To clear things up I'm fine now, life is going ok, I tapered off all the drugs some time ago. I work and live independently. This was done under a psychiatrist with a long history of experience with the roughest cases and applies a common sense approach. I went to him because his work shows that biological psychiatry is not scientific and never can be. This includes modern drug management, the emphasis on the physical and chemical state of the brain, as well as the entire system of classification of mental disorders in the DSM. He has been much more help than the church, I steer away from Christians these days. I made a mistake by getting involved with churches years ago. Most ascribe to prosperity theology and majority of Christian mental health workers ascribe to the status quo. I'm sure there are other severe problem areas within modern religious groupthink. I think I'll bow out now as I have no reason to contribute further.   

Posted (edited)

Not to belabor the point but:

Are Psychiatrists More Prone to Suicide Than Pediatricians? -https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/fighting-fear/201309/are-psychiatrists-more-prone-suicide-pediatricians

Suicides and Psychiatrists - https://www.psychiatrictimes.com/couch-crisis/suicides-and-psychiatrists

Why "happy" doctors die by suicide - https://www.idealmedicalcare.org/why-happy-doctors-die-by-suicide/

Edited by Tampered With
Trying to reduce font sizes

i implore all on this thread to stay on your medication and take it if u have trouble, i have found my medication very affective and have no symptoms,  i once thought about going off it and God made it clear to me in a dream that i would hallucinate if i did.  i once had an encounter with satan for going off it and on something else and i never want a repeat of that.  the psychiatrists do know what they are doing most of the time and the drugs are better then they have been, talk to your doctor if u are having problems.

Sign in to follow this