hmmmmmn interesting

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,167
  • Content Per Day:  1.22
  • Days Won:  0

If the Jews are looking for a king to rule the temple to be built in Jerusalem, it may well be that the antichrist will come from a Jewish background.

2 Thessalonians 2:2-4 King James Version (KJV)

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Daniel 11:37 King James Version (KJV)

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Daniel 11:36-38 King James Version (KJV)

36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.

37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

38 But in his estate shall he honour the God of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

In a way it makes sense that God would do that, once again because THEY( man) rejected His only Begotten Son, they get what they want instead, and like so many examples in the Bible, by choosing what men want instead of Gods will, nothing good from God ever comes out of it without first showing the consequence of making the wrong decision. However praise God, the bible does say that eventually ALL things will eventually work out for HIS glory. Amen!

This choosing what man wants over Gods will, all started with the first disobedience in the garden of Eden and continues on, until once again God will prevail.

Philippians 2 King James Version (KJV)

If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,

Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

16 Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

As for a  forced hurry to get the temple built as well as violent political Zionism, I am not sure that God would agree to bless that as God could not bless David with a temple because of so much blood shed under his reign.

If God did not like all the violent blood shed of Davids time, why would He like or approve of it more now?

If God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, He does not change His dislike for violent blood shed from the beginning of times to David to now and to tomorrow. Even Christ Jesus spoke of peace and turning away from violence.

Matthew 11: 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

A gentle person is NOT a violent person. And getting angry is not the same as using violent murder to get what you think God wants.

God NEVER endorsed Killing and the stories in the bible show the consequence when wars occur. Just because there are stories of war in the bible does not mean that God wanted them. On the contrary, God shows the consequence or rebellion, not respecting His commandments.

Matthew 5:17-20

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:39
39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

And  before people start to condemn me and accuse me of being anti-semetic for saying this  just do a little research yourself and you will find other "JEWS" who are against violent political Zionism.  There are a lot of christian and Jewish spiritual Zionist who don't agree with the forced violent political Zionism.  Why? because:

Of course nothing good will come out of violence especially to try and build from that a Holy Temple for God.

It makes even more sense that if the temple is built from force and from a lot of violent blood shed, no good will come out of it, certainly allowing for the anti Christ to make that temple his place of looking to be worshiped. for sure God will not be dwelling there in a place of violence.

1 Chronicles 28:3

But God said to me, ‘You shall not build a house for My name, because you have been a man of war and have shed blood.’

Edited by 1to3

As for a  forced hurry to get the temple built as well as violent political Zionism, I am not sure that God would agree to bless that as God could not bless David with a temple because of so much blood shed under his reign.

If God did not like all the violent blood shed of Davids time, why would He like or approve of it more now?

If God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, He does not change His dislike for violent blood shed from the beginning of times to David to now and to tomorrow. Even Christ Jesus spoke of peace and turning away from violence.

Matthew 11: 28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

A gentle person is NOT a violent person. And getting angry is not the same as using violent murder to get what you think God wants.

God NEVER endorsed Killing and the stories in the bible show the consequence when wars occur. Just because there are stories of war in the bible does not mean that God wanted them. On the contrary, God shows the consequence or rebellion, not respecting His commandments.

Matthew 5:17-20

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 5:39
39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

James 4

Pride Promotes Strife

Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. 4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”?

But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:

“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”

Humility Cures Worldliness

7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

Do Not Judge a Brother

11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?

Do Not Boast About Tomorrow

13 Come now, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit”; 14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. 15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.” 16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.

17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

------

And  before people start to condemn me and accuse me of being anti-semetic for saying this  just do a little research yourself and you will find other "JEWS" who are against violent political Zionism.  There are a lot of christian and Jewish spiritual Zionist who don't agree with the forced violent political Zionism.  Why? because:

Of course nothing good will come out of blood shed violence especially to try and build from that a Holy Temple for God.

It makes even more sense that if the temple is built from force and from a lot of violent blood shed, no good will come out of it, certainly allowing for the anti Christ to make that temple his place of looking to be worshiped. for sure God will not be dwelling there in a place of violence.

1 Chronicles 28:3

But God said to me, ‘You shall not build a house for My name, because you have been a man of war and have shed blood.’

Edited just now by 1to3

Edited by 1to3

Blessing Cletus in Christ Jesus!

1 hour ago, Cletus said:

what you say here begs the question... since we know God does not dwell in temples built by men is the purpose of the temple to restore the sacrifices or to "finish the transgression" as it says in Daniel.  my thought behind this is the enemy claimed that he would establish his throne above Gods.  Is God just completely shaming and crushing the enemys words here?  as in you couldnt beat me at My throne, or even on My footstool.  complete domination.  like in basketball... stuff... get that outta here!  zero points. 

are there scriptures that points to God blessing the third temple?  I do not know of any scripture but I have never considered that aspect concerning the third temple, I just accepted it would be rebuilt.  I am not a Jew and have no intention on sacrificing an animal as I believe on The Lamb of God.  Do you know of a scripture?  

Praise God, funny you should ask as I just discovered this and read it a few minutes ago that confirm what i wrote about the antichrist.

Daniel, Yeshua, the Anti-Messiah, and the Third Temple

In the prophetic writings of the Book of Daniel and the Brit Chadashah (New Testament), we find significant details about the role of a rebuilt Temple in the end times.

Both Daniel and Yeshua (Jesus) tell us that the Anti-Messiah will defile the Third Temple before the return of the true Messiah.

They both call this spiritual defilement in the Temple the abomination of desolation:

“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.”  (Matthew 24:15–16; compare with Daniel 9:27, 11:31, and 12:11)

Daniel 9:21–24: in his Seventy Weeks Prophecy, prophesies that Jerusalem and the destroyed Temple would be rebuilt, that the Messiah would be killed (cut off), and that Jerusalem and the Temple would once again be destroyed.

According to the Prophet Daniel, the Messiah would be cut off before the Temple is destroyed:

“After the sixty-two weeks the Messiah [Mashiach] will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince [ruler, nagid] who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.  And its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined.”  (Daniel 9:26)

This prophecy was fulfilled in AD 70 with the destruction of the Temple, just forty years after Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Messiah) was cut off by his execution on a tree.

Through the study of numerous end-time Scriptures, we believe that this prince or ruler (nagid)—the anti-Messiah—will appear just as Daniel describes.

Daniel says he will confirm a covenant of peace “for one week” (often interpreted as seven years) but break that covenant in the middle of the term.

“And he [the prince] will make [some translations say ‘confirm’] a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate [some interpretations say, set up an idol on the wing or precipice of the Temple], even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate.”  (Daniel 9:27; see also Matthew 24:15; 2 Thessalonians 2:4)

The anti-Messiah will also proclaim himself to be God!

“He [the man of lawlessness] will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.”  (2 Thess. 2:4)

The Temple Institute as well as the Temple Mount and Eretz Yisrael Faithful Movement are the two main Jewish organizations responsible for making preparations for the Third Temple and the reinstatement of sacrificial worship.

Other organizations have plans, too.  One wants to pitch a tabernacle-style tent on the Mount; another wants to build a synagogue in one of the corners of the platform.

Why? Because as Chaim Richman, the director of the Temple Institute states in his Myth Buster video series, “Buildings don’t fall down from heaven.”  He adds that “it’s a mitzvah to build the Temple,” citing Exodus 23:8 and that Jews should be performing all 613 mitzvot, which requires a Temple.

He also says that the Third Temple will “bring the Light back into the world” that left the Temple Mount when the Lord’s Divine Presence departed.

Moreover, he believes the Temple will “reconnect all of creation with one another. It is the Holy Temple that enables all of humanity to engage in direct dynamic relationship with God and provides the opportunity for every individual to rise to our greatest potential.”  (Temple Institute YouTube: Myth Busters Part 1)

Daniel 9 and 11 as well as Brit Chadashah writings, however, help us see that an alternate reality exists for the Temple.

Nevertheless, the ritual garments and vessels have been created.

Even the Golden Menorah—the seven branched candelabra—has been crafted, along with Levitical musical instruments, such as silver trumpets, lyres, and harps to worship the Lord, just as King David did 3,000 years ago (1 Chronicles 23:5).

The Temple Institute’s School is training certified, DNA-tested Cohen (descendants of the High Priest Aaron) to perform the Temple duties.

And the final element, the Red Heifer, is being bred in Israel to be sacrificed in the ritual purification of the priests and the vessels, so they may formally enter the holiest of holy area on the entire earth.

Everything is ready for the rebuilding of the Third Temple.  Everything, that is, except the land on which to build it.

Since the liberation of the Mount in 1967, the Muslim world has made great efforts to claim the entire 37-acre (150,000 square meter) platform as its own sacred land, calling the site in Arabic al-Ḥaram al-Šarīf—the Noble Sanctuary.

To protect the Noble Sanctuary, the Muslim world has become expert organizers of riots on the Temple Mount and terror on the streets of Israel.  Incitement to such violence increases whenever rumors spread that a Jewish presence will be established on the Temple Mount or its own Muslim structures harmed.

Only an incredibly respected, trusted, and honored man by both Muslims and Jews will be able to establish a peace plan that allows the Jewish People to worship the Lord in a Temple on the Mount that King David purchased (2 Samuel 24:18–25).

Whoever this man is and whatever trouble awaits us (known as Jacob’s Trouble) when he breaks the peace plan as Daniel 9:27 predicts, we can be confident that God is on the throne and in control.

As King David writes in Psalm 121:4:  “He who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.”

We know that end-time Bible prophecy concerning the Third Temple is soon to be fulfilled because Israel was prophetically reborn as a nation in 1948 (Isaiah 66:8), and most of these Temple preparations only started in the last 30 years.

As we persevere through these end-times, join us in introducing the Sar Shalom (Prince of Peace) Yeshua HaMashiach to the Jewish People so that He may dwell in them and bring them a peace and Joy they have not yet known.

From: https://free.messianicbible.com/feature/end-time-prophecy-why-is-the-third-temple-so-important/

Edited by 1to3

• 2 weeks later...

From my understanding of Acts ch 7: 29-63 that God never asked of the Jews  a house(temple to be built for Him) .Viewing a documentory form Christiane Amanpour concerning Solomans Temple , artifacts where found ,filled with pagan relics mostl likelyhis his pagan wives had brought into the marriage.

So, I don't see how this 3rd temple built and with occult messianic undertones and bringing back the sacrifices of animals would be more pleasing to God.  It looks to show more the fulfillment of prophecy and of the time of the antichrist.

The destruction of the 1st Temple build by Soloman: its destruction by Nebuchadnezzar II after the Siege of Jerusalem of 587 BCE and its subsequent replacement with the Second Temple .

Then the second temple a.k.a. Harods temple. After a relatively brief halt due to opposition from peoples who had filled the vacuum during the Jewish captivity (Ezra 4), work resumed c. 521 BCE under Darius I (Ezra 5) and was completed during the sixth year of his reign (c. 516 BCE), with the temple dedication taking place the following year.

After a relatively brief halt due to opposition from peoples who had filled the vacuum during the Jewish captivity (Ezra 4), work resumed c. 521 BCE under Darius I (Ezra 5) and was completed during the sixth year of his reign (c. 516 BCE), with the temple dedication taking place the following year.

Acts 7:39-53

39 whom our fathers would not obey, but rejected. And in their hearts they turned back to Egypt,
40 saying to Aaron, 'Make us gods to go before us; as for this Moses who brought us out of the land of Egypt, we do not know what has become of him.'
41 And they made a calf in those days, offered sacrifices to the idol, and rejoiced in the works of their own hands.
42 Then God turned and gave them up to worship the host of heaven, as it is written in the book of the Prophets: 'Did you offer Me slaughtered animals and sacrifices during forty years in the wilderness, O house of Israel?
43 You also took up the tabernacle of Moloch, And the star of your god Remphan, Images which you made to worship; And I will carry you away beyond Babylon.'
44 "Our fathers had the tabernacle of witness in the wilderness, as He appointed, instructing Moses to make it according to the pattern that he had seen,
45 which our fathers, having received it in turn, also brought with Joshua into the land possessed by the Gentiles, whom God drove out before the face of our fathers until the days of David,
46 who found favor before God and asked to find a dwelling for the God of Jacob.
47 But Solomon built Him a house.
48 However, the Most High does not dwell in temples made with hands, as the prophet says:
49 'Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. What house will you build for Me? says the Lord, Or what is the place of My rest?
50 Has My hand not made all these things?'
51 "You stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears! You always resist the Holy Spirit; as your fathers did, so do you.
52 Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who foretold the coming of the Just One, of whom you now have become the betrayers and murderers,
53 who have received the law by the direction of angels and have not kept it."

-------------------------------------

The Second Temple (Hebrew: בֵּית־הַמִּקְדָּשׁ הַשֵּׁנִי‬, Beit HaMikdash HaSheni) was the Jewish holy temple which stood on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem during the Second Temple period, between 516 BCE and 70 CE. According to Jewish tradition, it replaced Solomon's Temple (the First Temple),[1] which was destroyed by the Neo-Babylonian Empire in 586 BCE, when Jerusalem was conquered and part of the population of the Kingdom of Judah was taken into exile to Babylon.

The Second Temple was originally a rather modest structure constructed by a number of Jewish exile groups returning to the Levant from Babylon under the Achaemenid-appointed governor Zerubbabel. However, during the reign of Herod the Great, the Second Temple was completely refurbished, and the original structure was totally overhauled into the large and magnificent edifices and facades that are more recognizable. Much like the Babylonians destroyed the First Temple, the Romans destroyed the Second Temple and Jerusalem in 70 CE as retaliation for an ongoing Jewish revolt.

Jewish eschatology includes a belief that the Second Temple will be replaced by a future Third Temple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Temple

----------------------------------------

From:https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/.premium-history-of-the-temple-in-jerusalem-1.5256337

Since at least July 2000, when U.S.-sponsored peace talks at Camp David, Maryland, collapsed, soon to be followed by what became known as the Second Intifada, the very existence of an Israelite temple in ancient Jerusalem has been a point of contention between Palestinians and Israelis. This is ironic, since the principal reason that the place Jews call the "Temple Mount" and Muslims call the "Haram al-Sharif" (“Noble Sanctuary") is supremely holy to Judaism, Islam and Christianity too is that it is where both the First and the Second Temples stood.

The New Testament tells of several important episodes in the life of Jesus that took place in the precinct of the Second Temple, and the Koran and other Muslim texts refer to the Temple specifically and to the great holiness of the mount on which it stood. It is the very spot from which the Prophet Muhammad is said to have begun his Night Journey to Heaven, in the 7th century.

The First Temple was built in the 10th century B.C.E. by King Solomon, according to the Hebrew Bible (1 Kings 5-9). But the sanctity of the site goes back hundreds and possibly thousands of years before that.

Second Temple known as Herods temple:

The land on which Solomon built the temple had been acquired by King David, Solomon's father, who thought to build a grand temple himself. But the Lord, according to the biblical story, rejected David's ambition because of the king's sins and the job passed to the son.

The land David chose, a threshing floor, was associated with Moriah, where the patriarch Abraham brought his son Isaac for sacrifice (Genesis 22:14). (In the Bible, the mount is also referred to as “Zion,a name that eventually came to encompass the entire Land of Israel.) That too is a tradition shared by the three great monotheistic religions. Other than that, and a few other minor references to the site in the Bible, however, there is no obvious explanation why Solomon built his temple here

What is clear is that the Temple was meant to be a permanent residence for the Ark of the Covenant (Aron Habrit), which held the stone tablets of the law Moses received on Mt. Sinai, and [which traveled with the Israelites during their journey through the desert.

'Feeding' the god

Temples were standard institutions in the Ancient Near East, and until the construction of Solomon’s Temple, it was normal, even among the Hebrews, for individual localities to have their own altar or sanctuary.

Among pagan peoples, the temple would be the home of their god, who would be represented in the form of an idol. Among the Israelites, the Temple was initially thought of as the literal residence of God, but God’s presence was intangible, at most a type of radiance called “kavod” in Hebrew.

As the conception of God changed from that of a neighborhood or national deity who had an address and needed to be placated, to being universal and omnipresent, the sanctuary evolved from being the place where God lived to being the place that the people visited so as to offer service to God, in the form of sacrifices. By the time of the final destruction of the Temple, the Jews, as they now could be called, no longer needed to “feed” God with physical sacrifices, but rather could serve him with prayer and obedience to his laws.

No direct evidence for Solomon's Temple

The precise location of Solomon’s Temple -- the First Temple -- on the mount is not known, nor have any physical artifacts from it been unearthed by archaeologists, though there are numerous artifacts portending to its existence (see the pictures gallery). Even if remnants have been preserved below-ground, the fact that two Muslim shrines stand on the Temple Mount – the Dome of the Rock and Al-Aksa Mosque – means there is no possibility of Israeli archaeologists excavating there.

The Temple was meant to serve as a single facility for the United Monarchy, where sacrifices to God would take place, and where, in the Holy of Holies, an elaborate chamber in the innermost sanctum of the Temple, God’s presence was said to dwell. After the single monarchy split into the distinct kingdoms of Judah and Israel, which happened, according to the Bible, under Solomon’s son Rehoboam, there was again a duplication of temples, as new altars were erected in Israel, at Dan, in the north, and Bethel, in the south.

After Israel was conquered in about 720 B.C.E., and its 10 tribes driven into exile, Jerusalem again became the lone cultic center.

Solomon's Temple sustained several attacks by foreign powers before finally, in 586 B.C.E., being totally destroyed by the army of Nebuchadnezzar, the Babylonian king. The residents of Judah were sent into a short-lived exile, in what is present-day Iraq.

With the fall of Babylon, the Persian emperor Cyrus the Great allowed the Jews to return to the Land of Israel, beginning in 538. A rebuilt temple was dedicated in 515 B.C.E. – a little-known precursor to the grand structure called Herod’s Temple.

'Herod's Temple'

That Second Temple was an expanded and significantly upgraded structure whose construction was led by the half-Jewish, half-Edumean Herod, the Roman-appointed king of Judea who died in 4 B.C.E. Finished in about 20 B.C.E., the extravagant edifice stood less than a century. The first Jewish Revolt began in 66 C.E. and in 70 C.E., the Roman general (later emperor) Titus looted the Temple and leveled it.

Following the destruction of the Second Temple during the First Revolt and the subsequent destruction of Jerusalem itself, accompanied by the exile of its inhabitants, during the Second Jewish Revolt, in 132-135, that Judaism made a sharp turn from being a temple-based cult that relied on daily sacrifices to its god. It became a mobile faith that revolved around law and prayer, and whose members soon spread out around the Mediterranean basin, and later to more distant points. The synagogue replaced the single Temple, but recalled the sanctuary by always being physically oriented in the direction of Jerusalem. Prayer took the place of animal sacrifices.

Jews still mourn the destruction of the Temple, principally on Tisha B’av (the Ninth of the month of Av), the date traditionally associated with the destruction of both the First and Second Temples, and other catastrophes that befell the people. But the Jewish longing for “Zion” evolved from being focused mainly on the loss of the ritual center of the Temple, to mourning over the loss of the land. It therefore made sense that the modern movement dedicated to reestablishment of a Jewish national home in the Land of Israel called itself “Zionism. Yet there remains a significant stream within Orthodox Judaism that aspires to rebuild the Temple, in Jerusalem, and to return to an era when Jews worshipped through pilgrimage and sacrifices.

https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/.premium-history-of-the-temple-in-jerusalem-1.5256337

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,460
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,739
  • Content Per Day:  3.34
  • Days Won:  126
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

1 hour ago, 1to3 said:
49  'Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool. What house will you build for Me? says the Lord, Or what is the place of My rest?
50 Has My hand not made all these things?'

Notice what Acts is quoting ...

Isaiah 66:1  Thus says the LORD: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool; what is the house that you would build for me, and what is the place of my rest? 
Isa 66:2  All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the LORD. But this is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word. 
Isa 66:3  “He who slaughters an ox is like one who kills a man; he who sacrifices a lamb, like one who breaks a dog's neck; he who presents a grain offering, like one who offers pig's blood; he who makes a memorial offering of frankincense, like one who blesses an idol. These have chosen their own ways, and their soul delights in their abominations; 
Isa 66:4  I also will choose harsh treatment for them and bring their fears upon them, because when I called, no one answered, when I spoke, they did not listen; but they did what was evil in my eyes and chose that in which I did not delight.” 
Isa 66:5  Hear the word of the LORD, you who tremble at his word: “Your brothers who hate you and cast you out for my name's sake have said, ‘Let the LORD be glorified, that we may see your joy’; but it is they who shall be put to shame. 

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 1