IGNORED

Did God agree that Samson committed suicide ?

R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

Samson was in desperate situation, he lost his sight and his Godly power, he was made an amusement and laughter by the Philistines, so he beg God to let him die with his enemies.

Judges 16: 28 And Samson called unto the Lord, and said, O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.

30 And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.

BY EMPOWERING SAMSON WITH THE LAST GODLY STRENTH, DID GOD AGREE THAT SAMSON COMMITTED SUICIDE ?

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

If Samson committed suicide,God apparently did not hold it against him......The Book Of Hebrews exalts him as “ Hero of Faith”. ( along with a few other scoundrels)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  0

We don't normally class an action like Samson's as suicide. We call it a 'suicide mission', but we regard it as something heroic, not shameful.

He saw himself as a fighter in a war (because the Israelites should have been at war with the Philistines). His own death was a price to be paid for the deaths of many of the enemy.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  772
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Content Per Day:  3.07
  • Days Won:  1

57 minutes ago, Deborah_ said:

We don't normally class an action like Samson's as suicide. We call it a 'suicide mission', but we regard it as something heroic, not shameful.

He saw himself as a fighter in a war (because the Israelites should have been at war with the Philistines). His own death was a price to be paid for the deaths of many of the enemy.

You're right, he died fighting the enemies.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,064
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:46 PM, R. Hartono said:

Samson was in desperate situation, he lost his sight and his Godly power, he was made an amusement and laughter by the Philistines, so he beg God to let him die with his enemies.

Judges 16: 28 And Samson called unto the Lord, and said, O Lord God, remember me, I pray thee, and strengthen me, I pray thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes.

30 And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.

BY EMPOWERING SAMSON WITH THE LAST GODLY STRENTH, DID GOD AGREE THAT SAMSON COMMITTED SUICIDE ?

No Samson gave his life to the glory of God … God could have miraculously saved him. Like men of Babylon and the fiery furnace.   

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 minutes ago, SelahSong said:

No, God did not agree that Samson committed suicide.

Judges 16:28 "And Samson called unto the Lord, and said, "O Lord God, remember me, I pray Thee, and strengthen me, I pray Thee, only this once, O God, that I may be at once avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes."

Samson is calling to Almighty God of Israel to give him his strength back just one more time. God heard Samson, and He gave Samson back his strength, for this is the day that God planned on from before Samson's conception. Remember what the purpose was that the Angel of God told Manoah's wife that this child was to be born for? Judges 13:5; "For, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb; and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines."

This is the time, and God set up this entire situation to where His plans might be fulfilled. Samson is about to free God's people from those wicked rulers that have ruled over them for the past sixty years. 

Judges 16:29 "And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left."

Judges 16:30 "And Samson said, "Let me die with the Philistines." And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were far more that he slew in his life."

Samson was killed when the roof of this great building came down, and at the same time, the enemy was also defeated because the Philistines are now left without any leaders, for they are all lying under the debris from this building. It was Samson's death that freed God's people.  

Samson was not perfect, but when Samson finally cried out to the Lord for his strength, the Lord heard him, and gave him back his strength, and God allowed Samson to fulfill his mission in life. .....Selah:emot-heartbeat:

Sampson cried let me die with the philistines .    Sampson learned and knew he was not better than even his own enemies and had great shame that he had failed God by seduction .

Sampson died with no hate on his heart towards his enemies . .  HE died with true repentance on His heart .  He was so shamed by his own fault  ,  YET sorrow and hardship

ALLOWED BY GOD , also taught Sampson .   OH YES .    Sampson had failed , but GOD through chastisement allowed upon Sampson prevailed .

FOR all whom GOD loves HE does surely chasten .  Sampson learned OBEDIANCE by the things he suffered as well.    And his cry was against all that was against GOD.

Sampson cried not only against the wickedness of the philistines , he was ashamed of his own failure .   AND , and yes this is a BIG AND ,    he knew his end would be good .

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

Samson, in his death, foreshadowed the cross.....he sacrificed himself to defeat the enemy.

• Praise God! 1

12 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Samson, in his death, foreshadowed the cross.....he sacrificed himself to defeat the enemy.

ITS Just as JESUS said the law and the prophets , POINTED TO JESUS .

Folks can find lots of nuggets in that bible that have a connection to and pointed to the savoir WHO WAS TO COME ,    HAS CAME and HAS ascended back up to Heaven.

AND ITS A JOY to point to THE LORD .  

• Praise God! 1

14 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

This right here just answered the OP s   question .    DID Sampson commit suicide .   Nope ,    he sacrificed his life so that the enemy who held power against the children

would be destroyed.     OH its but a speck compared to what CHRIST HIMSELF DID .   but it is pointing to CHRIST as well .   GOD would send ONE

who would deliver all from the bondage of the enemy .  And even more so , for the enemy is the one who holds man in bondage to SIN .

Let all put those hands up and praise the ONLY ONE who can set a man free .    The breaker of chains the freer of men , CHRIST THE KING .

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  15
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

Amen brother.......it's ALL about Christ and the cross, from cover to cover, and for all eternity!

• Praise God! 1