Mike Mclees

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

These verses have special meaning that we all need to understand. When Jesus ask for some water she said I am a Samaritan how is you ask me for a drink. Jesus said if you knew who it is that is talking to you, you would ask me for a drink. The water in the well will thirst again, but who so ever drinks of the water I give him shall never thirst again.

to keep this short Jesus told her everything she ever did.

She said I perceive you are a prophet   Our Father's worship on this mountain, but the Jews say Jerusalem is where men ought to worship. But the hour commeth . and now is when the true worshiper shall 

Jesus said the hour has come when on this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem worship the Father in spirit and in true worshiper;s  shall Him worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the father seeketh such to worship HIm.

It was said that there will be no certain place where one worships. we worship we know not what. It maters not if we worship under a tree if there be two or three there in His name

There are some churches and one in particular are like the Jews.  For over 2 thousand years the RCC still claims just as the Jews did. They still make the claim today but how? They must have X out this Scripture. Im not saying you shouldn't be careful about the faith group you choose, But no one has the corner on the market. We must worship in spirit and in truth. Paul said no ye not  the ye are the temple and the spirit of God is in you. Each one of us is a walking church and when we meet we are a congregation. Tradition has changed the meeting house to the church and the leadership.  We say Im going to church today. Have they not carried the same tradition as the Jews did. The church is around the corner. We need leadership true but Jesus never said there are to have thousands of churches where we must go to it to be in church.

You are the church at any place you might be. Just like Jesus converted the women at the well and saved her whole town. 

Be blesed

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Mike Mclees changed the title to The women at the well
  • 1 month later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,272
  • Content Per Day:  1.73

No we are not the church as individuals, but as a group, as a body we are the church, the bride of Christ.

We are a temple for the Holy Spirit.

As you say we can worship our Saviour anywhere, we don't need a priest, or rituals, or robes, just a contrite heart and sincere spirit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 2:02 AM, Who me said:

No we are not the church as individuals, but as a group, as a body we are the church, the bride of Christ.

As you say we can worship our Saviour anywhere, we don't need a priest, or rituals, or robes, just a contrite heart and sincere spirit.

We are saved as individuals, not as a body of believers.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,989
  • Topics Per Day:  0.49
  • Content Count:  48,687
  • Content Per Day:  11.89
  • Days Won:  226

But there are many other valuable truths we glean from this story. We learn that:

1) Only through Jesus can we obtain and receive eternal life: “Jesus answered, ‘Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life’” (John 4:13–14; cf. John 14:6).

2) Jesus’ ministering to those outcasts of the Jewish society (the Samaritans) reveals that all people are valuable to God and that Jesus desires that we demonstrate love to everyone . . . including even our enemies (John 4:7–9; Matthew 5:44).

3) Jesus is the Messiah (John 4:25–26; 1:41; Matthew 27:22; Luke 2:11).

4) Those who worship God, worship Him in spirit and truth (John 4:23–24; Psalm 145:18).

5) Our testimony about Jesus is a powerful tool in leading others to believe in Him: “Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman's testimony, ‘He told me everything I ever did.’ So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days. And because of his words many more became believers. They said to the woman, ‘We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world”’ (John 4:39–42).

Additionally, we learn from Jesus’ dialogue with the woman at the well three absolute truths about salvation:

1) Salvation comes only to those who recognize their desperate need for the spiritual life they do not have. Living water can be obtained only by those who recognize that they are spiritually thirsty.

2) Salvation comes only to those who confess and repent of their sin and desire forgiveness. Before this immoral woman could embrace the Savior, she had to concede the full burden of her sins.

3) Salvation comes only to those who take hold of Jesus as their Messiah. For the absolute truth is that salvation is found in no one else (John 14:6; Acts 4:12).

https://www.gotquestions.org/woman-at-the-well.html

Edited by missmuffet
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:02 AM, Who me said:

Do you believe Jesus knows you Does he not know you and call you by name.   Does going to church every Sunday make you saved. tradition saves know one.

Paul said know ye not ye are the Temple and the Spirit of God dwells with in you. 

17 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Do you believe Jesus knows you Does he not know you and call you by name.   Does going to church every Sunday make you saved. tradition saves know one.

Paul said know ye not ye are the Temple and the Spirit of God dwells with in you. 

Where did i say, 'going to church every sunday makes you saved?'

The 'church' is the assemble of All believers both living and dead, not a building or an organisation.

11 hours ago, Who me said:

Where did i say, 'going to church every sunday makes you saved?'

The 'church' is the assemble of All believers both living and dead, not a building or an organisation.

I know that there is the congregational body of Christ.They are the sheep  But that is not personal. Who are you in Christ. Are you not the church first in your heart. Who made the decision that join the sheep and follow Christ

John 10:3 To Him the porter openeth , and the sheep hear his voice and he calleth His own sheep by Name.  

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.27
  • Days Won:  3

The woman at the well event - "a woman meets her Saviour" holds so much personal meaning for me?Very sentimental about this story. 

Edited by HisFirst
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 2

1 hour ago, Mike Mclees said:

Who are you in Christ. Are you not the church first in your heart.

All Christians are sinnes saved by grace and are temples of the holy Spirit.

As individuals we are not the church, we are only tat as a congragation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  433
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/24/1990

Its very wonderful verse because the water Jesus gives you will never be thirsty ever again. Like the water that flowed from the rock during Moses time.