• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/21/2018 at 3:10 PM, Willa said:

adhere to is another term Amplified uses for faith and believe.

All born agains adhere to Jesus since they receive the Holy Spirit, permanently forever, as a deposit of their trust in Christ (Ephesians 1). Faith and belief are best understood as "trust".

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

On 12/22/2018 at 9:37 AM, kdavis150 said:

In order to have faith in someone you pay attention to how they present themselves. An honest trustful human being will display diligence by the words that they say and will back up what they say with examples. When a person displays their faith by their works they pray and give back to others while proclaiming their time on the Earth. (James 2:14) When a person says they will be their for you in your time of need it is based upon their level of respect for you. Their level of respect for you will determine how much faith you should put into trusting another person.

We can observe a believer's (or unbeliever's) works to get a good concept regarding their lifestyle, but works are neither required for receiving salvation nor for keeping it. Consider carefully how Romans 4 teaches clearly that zero works are required for salvation (verses 1-5).

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  1.00
  • Days Won:  1

On 12/22/2018 at 4:37 AM, kdavis150 said:

In order to have faith in someone you pay attention to how they present themselves. An honest trustful human being will display diligence by the words that they say and will back up what they say with examples. When a person displays their faith by their works they pray and give back to others while proclaiming their time on the Earth. (James 2:14) When a person says they will be their for you in your time of need it is based upon their level of respect for you. Their level of respect for you will determine how much faith you should put into trusting another person.

Exactly!!!

I have human friends that I trust in, but some times they let me down, due to circumstances beyond their control, however, my Faith is in my God, ... He has never let me down, never failed to be there when I needed Him, never broken one of His promises written in His Word...

God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent: hath He said, and shall He not do it? or hath He spoken, and shall He not make it good?  Num 23:19

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

On 12/19/2018 at 9:26 AM, Billiards Ball said:

Are you saying "faith is trust", as in "we trust the light switch will activate the light" and "we trust God will keep His promises"?

Thanks brother, your question prompted me to do more study, here is what I found.

Trust comes from experience and it comes to us through our senses, we have to have experienced something in order to trust in it, 

Faith, as has already been stated, is the substance, ...that substance is the substructure, the firm foundation, that which has an actual existence, ...of things hoped for, ...but, I say again, but, ...it is invisible, unknown, unperceived by our senses, ...we behold, we perceive, in our regenerated spirit, ...He who is invisible Heb 11:27 

...an evidence of things not seen.  and that evidence is the anchor that goes behind the veil into the very Throne Room of God. Heb 6:19

So our faith is the firm foundation, the evidence that anchors the silver cord of our soul to the the invisible God sitting on His Throne in Heaven!

And of course the more we walk in faith, the more we supernaturally experience His Presence, ...and that can be classified as trust.

So yes, we can have faith and trust in God because we experience His workings in our lives.

Thank you brother for the stimulation!

Lord bless

13 hours ago, JustPassingThru said:

Thanks brother, your question prompted me to do more study, here is what I found.

Trust comes from experience and it comes to us through our senses, we have to have experienced something in order to trust in it, 

Faith, as has already been stated, is the substance, ...that substance is the substructure, the firm foundation, that which has an actual existence, ...of things hoped for, ...but, I say again, but, ...it is invisible, unknown, unperceived by our senses, ...we behold, we perceive, in our regenerated spirit, ...He who is invisible Heb 11:27 

...an evidence of things not seen.  and that evidence is the anchor that goes behind the veil into the very Throne Room of God. Heb 6:19

So our faith is the firm foundation, the evidence that anchors the silver cord of our soul to the the invisible God sitting on His Throne in Heaven!

And of course the more we walk in faith, the more we supernaturally experience His Presence, ...and that can be classified as trust.

So yes, we can have faith and trust in God because we experience His workings in our lives.

Thank you brother for the stimulation!

Lord bless

Thank you, sincerely.

Biblical faith/trust is relying on God for unseen things

Biblical evidence is relying on God for seen things

For example, because we can see a magnificent creation in us and all about us, we can trust God for the coming Kingdom

Most Christians add very harmful jargon when presenting the gospel, making presenting the gospel scarier and more difficult than it should be:

I never speak these jargon terms when sharing: faith, belief, repentance, repent, baptism, give Jesus your life, put Jesus in your heart, confess all your sins to Jesus, get right with God, make Jesus Lord, make Jesus your Savior…

Healthy Terms to Share

·         Imperfection versus perfection

·         Trust yourself versus trust Jesus

·         Doing religious things versus receiving a free gift

·         The cross of Jesus Christ

·         Horrible death by torture, and resurrection

·         Trust Jesus

·         Jesus is trustworthy

• Thumbs Up 1

55 minutes ago, Billiards Ball said:

Most Christians add very harmful jargon when presenting the gospel, making presenting the gospel scarier and more difficult than it should be:

I never speak these jargon terms when sharing: faith, belief, repentance, repent, baptism, give Jesus your life, put Jesus in your heart, confess all your sins to Jesus, get right with God, make Jesus Lord, make Jesus your Savior…

I agree, as a young Christian the only thing I knew is, I needed Jesus, and that's what I told those around me, then I started listening and learning the "jargon" as you so aptly put it, ...then while reading Romans 1 I learned that the Gospel has the power of dynamite, that's exactly what happened in my life, I was so entrenched in my sinful lifestyle that it took dynamite to blast my spiritual eyes open to see and receive the Gospel message.

The one and only Gospel, the Gospel given to us by the Holy Spirit, the Gospel Paul used:

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the Gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 1 Cor 15:1

...Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;   And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:  1 Cor 15:3, 4

Lord bless you brother

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 1/3/2019 at 9:37 PM, SelahSong said:

Hi, James!

Romans 10:17 "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God."

This verse tells us how faith comes to each one of us.  Our faith becomes more and more, stronger and stronger by hearing and studying the Word of God, the Bible  ...But the "hearing" must be with understanding.  In many cases, it must be taught verse by verse and chapter by chapter. It should be taught in the right context, with supporting witness from other books in the Bible.  You will feel an ever-growing faith the more you study. It's very exciting when you begin "hearing" with understanding.  For me, I know it will take the rest of my life, and then I still won't know everything!:) God's Word is so precious! 

Matthew 13:9 tells us, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear!"  Hallelujah!

Selah <><

Thanks for your response!

Okay faith comes by hearing the Word of God. You mentioned that the bible is the Word of God. Where in the Bible, does the Bible claim to be the Word of God?

In peace

On 1/3/2019 at 9:37 PM, SelahSong said:

Tht

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

Okay faith comes by hearing the Word of God. You mentioned that the bible is the Word of God. Where in the Bible, does the Bible claim to be the Word of God?

“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction.......”

2tim3:16-17

19 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Okay faith comes by hearing the Word of God. You mentioned that the bible is the Word of God. Where in the Bible, does the Bible claim to be the Word of God?

“All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction.......”

Can we start with this understanding?

* The Hebrew Bible says nearly 7,000 times some variant of "This is the Word of the LORD"

* The NT claims inspiration on a very regular basis, and also claims to be little more than commentary on the OT (regarding all its major and minor doctrines)

* No apocrypha or other works bear God's divine stamp with the tetragrammaton name

Thanks!

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

On 1/6/2019 at 10:55 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Was the Bible written during the time Paul wrote this?

In peace