• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Greetings

I believe God created the universe to "bring many sons to glory" in the likeness of His Son. He created the corporeal cosmos to expand an already existing family, the Father and Son, prior to creation.  Angles not included. I found it interesting for the last 10 years how my views have changed incredibly.  Being introduced to preterism, a road to conditionalism/annhilationism. However the family concept I still hold onto.

My former thinking when considering the end results of one's life was that God could take the umbrella atonement  and cover whomever He pleases. Now I'm dabbing into  universal salvation for all.

"bring many sons to glory" Hebrews 2:10

"conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers" Romans 8:29

Kind Regards

Larry

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,776
  • Content Per Day:  3.24
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

3 hours ago, Larry H said:

Greetings

I believe God created the universe to "bring many sons to glory" in the likeness of His Son. He created the corporeal cosmos to expand an already existing family, the Father and Son, prior to creation.  Angles not included. I found it interesting for the last 10 years how my views have changed incredibly.  Being introduced to preterism, a road to conditionalism/annhilationism. However the family concept I still hold onto.

My former thinking when considering the end results of one's life was that God could take the umbrella atonement  and cover whomever He pleases. Now I'm dabbing into  universal salvation for all.

"conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers" Romans 8:29

Kind Regards

Larry

Hi Larry, Welcome to Worthy Forums. Last check yielded 729 mentions of Universalism on this site so dabble away. I don't see how your verses support it though, quite the opposite. I hope you have read the material for newbies and the Terms of Service and will be guided by them. Look forward to your input.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.32
  • Days Won:  67

Welcome to worthy :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, Larry H said:

Greetings

Kind Regards

Larry

Hello Larry. 

You are asking the age old question and the smartest minds who've ever lived have never been able to answer it. 

All I know is this. 

Without a doubt, God created me and I couldn't exist without the universe and everything wonderous it does. From solar flares to earthquakes to evolution it is all here so that I can exist.

I don't know what's true and what isn't but I do know that I am here. 

And that is real. 

So for a basic answer, God created the universe for me and for you and for little Suzy down the street. 

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  66
  • Topic Count:  571
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.67
  • Days Won:  9

178.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  9,214
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  06/12/1974

217516815_graffiti-creator-poster-welcome-to-worthy-christian-forums(1).jpg.9adbd145d728caea0aba4b7299871967.jpg Larry H:36:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

182243489_welcomebuildinguponBible245smal.jpg.fecba71a20b55693418cc7292be5a3ed.jpgwill be reading your heart if you write it....

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,828
  • Content Per Day:  4.76
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Welcome.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,015
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

You and me asking why God created the universe is like your dog asking why you leave the house for 8 hours five out of every seven days. 

Your dog can not possible understand the answer.

So you can ask "why" God does all sorts of things. With some of them the answer is self evident. With others, you will never know in this life.

My burning question is not about the universe. It's about man. What makes us so special?  I'll find out after I die. There is a lot going on that we have no clue about- and will NEVER understand.