douge

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  964
  • Content Per Day:  0.46
  • Days Won:  0

Acts 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

3:20 And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you:

3:21 Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

The holy prophets spoke of the restitution of all things; Peter spoke of this as the times of refreshing as well. It is the coming of Jesus Christ to establish his earthly Kingdom. The prophets spoke since the world began.

Luke 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

Again, it can be seen that the prophets spoke since the world began.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Paul preached "my gospel" according to the revelation of the mystery; this mystery was kept secret since the world began. The mystery is now made manifest. This would mean, since it was kept secret since the world began, that the prophets did not speak of it; only Paul would reveal the mystery.

The "preaching of Jesus Christ" spoken of in verse 25, was spoken of "by the scriptures of the prophets", as can be seen in verse 26. This was not a mystery. Paul did not just preach a mystery, revealed by Christ to him; but he also preached from the prophets.

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

God purposed to save the body of Christ, by the gospel of Christ; He purposed to bless us in heavenly places, to be holy and blameless before him in love; from before the foundation of the world.

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

God purposed to save Israel, from the foundation of the world.

By this, seeing that there is a differance between before and from, we can determine God has two purposes in mind. One is to save, by the gospel of the grace of God, the body of Christ before the foundation of the world, in heavenly places; the other, is to save Israel to enter the prophetic Kingdom on earth, from the foundation of the world.

Ephesians 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Paul preached the mystery of the gospel. This mystery was kept secret since the world began, and was not manifested until Paul; therefore, the gospel preached by Peter and the other Apostles could not have been the same gospel. Romans 16:25 Romans 16:26

1 Peter 1:20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Jesus was foreordained before the foundation of the world to be Saviour for all who believe. John 17:5 Romans 3:22

Peter stated that Jesus was manifested in the last times. It can be assumed that the last times and the last days are the same; the last days, or last times, speak of the revelation of Jesus Christ at His coming. The last days speak of the prophetic earthly Kingdom, in which, Jesus will rule on His throne. 1 Peter 1:13 Isaiah 2:2

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Peter, once again, is speaking of the last times, wherein, the kingdom of heaven prophesised by the prophets is spoken of; unlike the mysteries, what was spoken by the prophets, was not hidden; the mysteries, which were kept secret, since the world began, were hidden. Romans 16:25

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

One of the reasons God hid wisdom in a mystery, was to prevent the princes of this world from knowing it.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Paul preached the unsearchable riches of Christ, not revealed by the prophets; it is given to us to make men see the fellowship of the mystery, as well.