IGNORED

Will God be mad if we never use the talents He gave us?

Figure of eighty

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

I understand how you feel. I don’t think I even have talent. But I think whatever we do, let’s do unto the Lord. We give him our best and take care of WHO He has given us. We put our trust in him and FEAR NOT. And when we fail, we just keep believing. What else can we do?  Rest. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I sense so unease or even a little guilt about not using your talent for art. If so, perhaps God is leading you in that direction and you should use it for a His honour and glory. ( Just s thought)

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

17 hours ago, Kristin said:

I understand how you feel. I don’t think I even have talent. But I think whatever we do, let’s do unto the Lord. We give him our best and take care of WHO He has given us. We put our trust in him and FEAR NOT. And when we fail, we just keep believing. What else can we do?  Rest. 

Hey Kristin, you may not have artistic talent but we all have, gifts or talents, for various things. Sometimes these are referred to as innate abilities. One such ability is to hear about a stranger's situation and intuitively know what's going on. Other people are said to be "good with children", these folks always seem able to get little kids to behave themselves even when the parents are at their wits end. I consider all these to be gifts from God.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

On 12/18/2018 at 9:04 PM, Figure of eighty said:

For example. I'm an artist meaning I illustrate and paint...however I work so much and so hard( going 5o get a second job soon) just to live in 5his society... That I can't draw like I want 5o..

Also since I struggle with anxiety that also keeps me from drawing sometimes...

It bothers me as it's me dream but due to these stressors I find my passion for art waning. I still love it but I don't have the passion I used to. 

Another example is a coworker who's a gifted singer. She has children and also works super hard so she doesn't do much with her talent either...

Do you think God  would be disappointed in us?

No that wouldn't disappoint the Lord at all.  He is not really that concerned about our natural talents per se.   In fact we often may be called to die to them or lay them on the altar.   The "talents" in the parable is not speaking of natural abilities and gifts, it is speaking of the measure of faith that each one is given, including whatever spiritual gift they received from the Holy Spirit.  

Natural talents might be expedient in some ways, eg, to help someone make a living for example, or to use to help someone else, but from heaven's point of view the flesh profits nothing....it is the things of the Spirit that matter to God.  He wants to see us investing our measure of faith....obeying Him, trusting Him, being led by the Spirit, using our spiritual gifts for His glory, etc.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41

2 hours ago, JTC said:

Hey Kristin, you may not have artistic talent but we all have, gifts or talents, for various things. Sometimes these are referred to as innate abilities. One such ability is to hear about a stranger's situation and intuitively know what's going on. Other people are said to be "good with children", these folks always seem able to get little kids to behave themselves even when the parents are at their wits end. I consider all these to be gifts from God.

You are right. Sometimes we don’t see our talents, but others do. Thank you. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

On 12/18/2018 at 8:04 PM, Figure of eighty said:

For example. I'm an artist meaning I illustrate and paint...however I work so much and so hard( going 5o get a second job soon) just to live in 5his society... That I can't draw like I want 5o..

Also since I struggle with anxiety that also keeps me from drawing sometimes...

It bothers me as it's me dream but due to these stressors I find my passion for art waning. I still love it but I don't have the passion I used to. 

Another example is a coworker who's a gifted singer. She has children and also works super hard so she doesn't do much with her talent either...

Do you think God  would be disappointed in us?

God says that His ways are of a type that we can't even begin to truly understand them.   Imagine trying to understand the mind of a Creator who created living human beings and all that you see with (eyes that He designed) = so that you can even see it all..

God created sunsets and twinkling heavenly bodies and floral landscapes and beautiful birds, because God is a designer artist who creates not only life, but BEAUTY.  And on a human can discern beauty, because we are created like God, who creates beauty.

I tell atheists that all the science they worship can only make a copy a ROSE , but God and only God created the original.... or could, or can.

Thats a fact.

A snake does not notice the colors changing in the sky as the sun sets, and thinks...>"oh, that is so pretty".   But God, who exists in Heaven, looking all around at the solar system.... He sees all this as  amazing Christmas lights that keep changing as they float in space....oh so pretty.   And we see the same thing, because He has equipped us to be ABLE to discern BEAUTY.......and not the snake, or the rat, or the horse or the shark.

What we understand about God, is His humanity.....that is, the part of him that we ourselves dwell within, down here in our earth suits.

Humans, people.....us.......we have a dictionary that, by human definition,  defines words like Love, Grace, Compassion, Mercy, and yet God is the Father who SENT himself, wrapped in human flesh,  birthed by a virgin into a living breathing man, and for the purpose of saving us all by the means of a remarkable and terrible sacrifice for OUR sin.

And this Sacrifice, is LOVE.........not the definition in a Websters...     So, we have the definition, we have an idea of how love FEELS when we feel it, but God IS Love, and love EXISTS only because God exists.

And this incredible eternal Being, does not "get mad", at his born again.   This incredible eternal Being, on the day He saved us on the Cross using His very own blood He shed as Yeshua our Lord and Savior, .. HE already knew of every sin you had committed, and would commit after He saved you.........  This incredible eternal Being knows the thoughts you are thinking right now, and WHY you have them, and what they make of you and yet His love is so perfect and unconditional, that what you are and what you think,  (which is what you are), has no bearing on His acceptance of you.......none.

This is grace......this is the Love of God.     And its yours., forever., and you are His forever.

God is interesting regarding how He would have you use your gifts.   For example, it could be that you have a gift to teach, yet, He would have you not in a Sunday School, but instead in a public school.

And yes, its perfectly acceptable to use your gift in a way that makes you the most income.  Income, lots of it, is not a sin, its a blessing....  What makes it a sin, is if you use your money sinfully.

If a person has a problem with money, then the person is the problem.....not the money.   After all, how can you give money to the poor, how can you keep the lights on in your Church, in your home, if you dont have any?

"""""" Well, what about St. Francis, what about a vow of poverty?""""    What about them?   You are not them, you are you, so, you do what YOU can do, and God will do for you and thought you  then you could have done by yourself.

You be concerned about "running the race" that God has set before YOU, and don't be concerned at all about someone else's race.

When you meet the Lord, He is not going to be interested in how you feel about how someone, in your opinion,  else could have been a better Christian.

And one more thing about money........... Poverty has already harmed more, then riches ever will.

Now about a gift.   If anyone has a special ability, no matter the level or intensity, then God gave it to you, which means, you are allowed to use what is HIS......as its His Gift, that is in you.   So, you should do with you gift(s) what you should do with your life, which is use them for Him......willingly, and constantly.   And this simply means that you dont use a holy gift, (as all gifts from God are holy)....in a way that would offend  Him, but rather use them in a way that thanks Him and gives Him praise, as much as you can....wherever this leads.

God waters and nurtures and expands, everything He designs in Nature.   And in us, if He gives us a talent, then He will grow it if allowed.

How do you get the Almighty to take your talent to another level ?   What you do, is lay it on the alter.   That is, you tell God....."this is yours, i'm yours,  and its in me, and i want to use it for your glory....help me to do so", and mean it.

Just like that.

Then practice it....whatever it is.......practice it a lot.