IGNORED

Am I wasting my time, I think everyone needs to study the bible more and be less concerned about work and money, you don't need to work full time to serve God, and you don't have to give a lot to charity or am I misunderstanding.

john1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, john1 said:

When I had read the bible about 30 or 40 times I felt right at home in church, I remember a pastor did a sermon against gay people, I almost applauded, but now that I've read the bible over 200 times I know he was in the wrong.

1CORINTHIANS.6:9-10 (NKJV) = 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

ROMANS.1:26-32 26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

No, the pastor doing the sermon against gay people was not in the wrong.

• Brilliant! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Tons of bad stuff there.....if only God could come up with a solution .....did the homo bashing preacher offer anything in the way of hope for all of these miserable sinners.....if he didn’t, what’s he good for? Did he warn them about the unforgivable sin? That would be dieing with an unrepented sin on your sin roster.

FAITH PLUS NOTHING for Salvation— homos and sinners with unrepentant sins on their rosters included.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow sinners,especiallly us that have been saved by believing the Gospel of Grace!

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  686

6 hours ago, discipler777 said:

1 Timothy chapter 1 verse 7

They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

Matthew chapter 5 verse 20
For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Philippians chapter 3 verse 9
and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

Do you understand this? 

8 hours ago, john1 said:
15 hours ago, discipler777 said:

They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

Do you understand this? 

Are you saying that unrepentant and practicing gays will inherit the kingdom of God, as do the unrepentant willful sinners/evil-workers/Law-breakers mentioned in 1COR.6:9-10, GAL.5:19-21 and REV.21:7-8 & 22:14-15.?

Fyi, most mature Christians already know that salvation is solely by faith in Jesus Christ and not by doing the good works of the Law. OTOH, mature Christians who go and willfully or intentionally commit sins/evil-works/Law-breaking unrepentantly or ignorantly will very likely end up in the kingdom of hell/perdition/Satan. .......

1JOHN.3: (NKJV) Sin and the Child of God

Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God. ...

13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you. 14 We know that we have passed from death to life, because we love the brethren. He who does not love his brother abides in death. 15 Whoever hates his brother is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life abiding in him.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  686

15 hours ago, discipler777 said:

8 He who sins is of the devil,

So why do you sin?

John chapter 8 verse 31,32

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

Galatians chapter 5 verse 1

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Galatians chapter 3 verse 23
Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed.
  • Brilliant! 1

On 12/25/2018 at 8:30 AM, john1 said:

When I had read the bible about 30 or 40 times I felt right at home in church, I remember a pastor did a sermon against gay people, I almost applauded, but now that I've read the bible over 200 times I know he was in the wrong.

So why do you sin?

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples.

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed.

Gays who repent can still be saved from hell through faith in Jesus Christ and thereafter they should stop practicing such sexual immorality, just like how the murderer Paul was saved by Jesus Christ and thereafter stopped murdering/persecuting Christians. OTOH, the Word of God at 1COR.6:9-10, GAL.5:19-21, REV.21:7-8 & 22:14-15 and ROMANS.1:18-32 say that gays who do not repent and are still practicing homo-sex or sexual immorality will not be saved even if they call themselves as "Christians". If God says it, God will do it, ie He will not be saving such unrepentant willful sinners/evil-workers/Law-breakers. "31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."(HEBREWS.10:31)

Sexual immorality is the breaking of God's essential/non-burdensome laws. In comparison, circumcision and kosher/clean foods are non-essential/burdensome laws which Gentile Christians can exempt themselves from, eg uncircumcised Gentiles can remain as uncircumcised Gentile Christians. OTOH, Gentile gays cannot remain as Gentile "Christian" gays, the same as Gentile murderers cannot remain as Gentile "Christian" murderers. Hence no murderer or gay will inherit the kingdom of God.(1COR.6:9-10)

Just like Paul had to suffer for his sins of persecuting/murdering Christians(ACTS.9:15-16) after his conversion, repentant willful sinners will usually also have to suffer for their sins after their conversion, eg an ex-gay turned Christian man may be suffering HIV+/AIDS/STD for his sin of homosexuality.

IN ESSENTIALS UNITY, IN NON-ESSENTIALS LIBERTY, IN ALL THINGS JESUS CHRIST.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

On 12/18/2018 at 9:04 PM, john1 said:

Numbers chapter 14 verse 30 

Not one of you will enter the land I swore with uplifted hand to make your home, except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun.

Judges chapter 2 verse 7 
The people served the LORD throughout the lifetime of Joshua and of the elders who outlived him and who had seen all the great things the LORD had done for Israel.

Acts chapter 1 verse 15
In those days Peter stood up among the believers (a group numbering about a hundred and twenty)

Acts chapter 4 verse 34 
that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales

Philippians chapter 4 verse 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

I didn't have time earlier on to properly take in what you are saying with this thread brother.  All I can say is if this is your faith and your hunger for the Lord, then blessed are you.

Jhn 6:27

Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

6 hours ago, discipler777 said:

Gays who repent can still be saved from hell through faith in Jesus Christ and thereafter they should stop practicing such sexual immorality, just like how the murderer Paul was saved by Jesus Christ and thereafter stopped murdering/persecuting Christians. OTOH, the Word of God at 1COR.6:9-10, GAL.5:19-21, REV.21:7-8 & 22:14-15 and ROMANS.1:18-32 say that gays who do not repent and are still practicing homo-sex or sexual immorality will not be saved even if they call themselves as "Christians". If God says it, God will do it, ie He will not be saving such unrepentant willful sinners/evil-workers/Law-breakers. "31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God."(HEBREWS.10:31)

Sexual immorality is the breaking of God's essential/non-burdensome laws. In comparison, circumcision and kosher/clean foods are non-essential/burdensome laws which Gentile Christians can exempt themselves from, eg uncircumcised Gentiles can remain as uncircumcised Gentile Christians. OTOH, Gentile gays cannot remain as Gentile "Christian" gays, the same as Gentile murderers cannot remain as Gentile "Christian" murderers. Hence no murderer or gay will inherit the kingdom of God.(1COR.6:9-10)

Just like Paul had to suffer for his sins of persecuting/murdering Christians(ACTS.9:15-16) after his conversion, repentant willful sinners will usually also have to suffer for their sins after their conversion, eg an ex-gay turned Christian man may be suffering HIV+/AIDS/STD for his sin of homosexuality.

Shouldn't we first try to find out what John 1 meant when he said it was a sermon "against gay people".  We might be jumping to conclusions here.  We are not in a war against flesh and blood.  If it was just a sermon warning and speaking the truth about the sin of homosexuality and offering homosexuals the way out, then good.....but if it was a sermon insulting and downtrodding homosexual PEOPLE, I do not believe that is the spirit and intent of the Lord and His gospel.  It would depend on what was said and the spirit behind it.

Edited by Heleadethme
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:
7 hours ago, discipler777 said:

Shouldn't we first try to find out what John 1 meant when he said it was a sermon "against gay people".  We might be jumping to conclusions here.  We are not in a war against flesh and blood.  If it was just a sermon warning and speaking the truth about the sin of homosexuality and offering homosexuals the way out, then good.....but if it was a sermon insulting and downtrodding homosexual PEOPLE, I do not believe that is the spirit and intent of the Lord and His gospel.  It would depend on what was said and the spirit behind it.

Do you understand this? 

So why do you sin?

Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed

It is quite evident from his posts that he very likely believes unrepentant and practicing gays can still be saved from hell by faith in Jesus Christ. He is likely of the liberal/progressive camp who welcomes unreformed gays, lesbians, transgenders and maybe also other unrepentant willful sinners/evil-workers/Law-breakers in Church. .......

https://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/04/presbyterian_church_gay_marria_1.htmlPresbyterian Church: Evangelicals suddenly on the wrong side in gay marriage debate - Updated Apr 17, 2015

P S - Imagine the kingdom of God in heaven filled with such unreformed LGBTQs and other unrepentant willful sinners/evil-workers/Law-breakers who are like Satan/demons. NOT.! .......according to the Word of God/Scripture.(1COR.6:9-10, REV.22:12-17)

Edited by discipler777

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89

Sexual immorality is the breaking of God's essential/non-burdensome laws. In comparison, circumcision and kosher/clean foods are non-essential/burdensome laws which Gentile Christians can exempt themselves from, eg uncircumcised Gentiles can remain as uncircumcised Gentile Christians. OTOH, Gentile gays cannot remain as Gentile "Christian" gays, the same as Gentile murderers cannot remain as Gentile "Christian" murderers. Hence no murderer or gay will inherit the kingdom of God.(1COR.6:9-10)

Wow—— and I thought the Tax Code was complicated ! Is this the kind of parsing the Pharisees performed back in Jesus day?

Homosexuality is a dreadful sin, no doubt about it. God hates it. He also hates liars .I think maybe I’ve told one or two lies in my life.How about you?

Any Homosexual person that has turned to God with the sincere cry “ God , have mercy on me , a sinner” will be justified and saved- just like the despised tax collector in the time of our Lord. “ turn to me and I will turn to you” applies to gays just like it applies to us liars. Let’s all praise God for His amazing grace!

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1