IGNORED

Am I wasting my time, I think everyone needs to study the bible more and be less concerned about work and money, you don't need to work full time to serve God, and you don't have to give a lot to charity or am I misunderstanding.

john1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, discipler777 said:

It is quite evident from his posts that he very likely believes unrepentant and practicing gays can still be saved from hell by faith in Jesus Christ. He is likely of the liberal/progressive camp who welcomes unreformed gays, lesbians, transgenders and maybe also other unrepentant willful sinners/evil-workers/Law-breakers in Church. .......

https://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/04/presbyterian_church_gay_marria_1.htmlPresbyterian Church: Evangelicals suddenly on the wrong side in gay marriage debate - Updated Apr 17, 2015

P S - Imagine the kingdom of God in heaven filled with such unreformed LGBTQs and other unrepentant willful sinners/evil-workers/Law-breakers who are like Satan/demons. NOT.! .......according to the Word of God/Scripture.(1COR.6:9-10, REV.22:12-17)

I gathered that what he was alluding to from the part that you quoted is that where no Law is there is no transgression, and that is in agreement with the scripture, as long as we understand that aright.   But maybe he will clarify what he is getting at with this.   Unless some already know what his position is from other posts that he has made (which I haven't seen). 

3 hours ago, discipler777 said:

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/229521-my-schizophrenia-is-in-remission/?tab=comments#comment-2891799

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/230014-to-remarry-–-or-not-to-remarry/?do=findComment&comment=2901406

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/230148-will-gays-go-to-hell-if-they-do-not-repent/?do=findComment&comment=2900033

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/230148-will-gays-go-to-hell-if-they-do-not-repent/?do=findComment&comment=2900474

From his past posts, "john1" believes that Christians are not under the Law of God and can't help sinning willfully/intentionally = Christians can remain forever as unreformed gays or unrepentant willful sinners/evil-workers/Law-breakers and will still be saved from hell by faith in Jesus Christ and through the washing of His blood.

If so, his views/opinions are unscriptural and not in accord with the Word of God - REV.22:12-17, 1COR.6:9-11, GAL.5:19-21, 1JOHN.3:4-15, HEBREWS.10:26-31 & 6:1-8.

"Christian" gays will not be saved from hell if they do not repent and stop committing such sexual immorality after coming into faith in Jesus Christ. Same applies to adulterers, fornicators, incest-sinners, polygamists, etc. Sexual immorality is the breaking of God's essential/non-burdensome laws. "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of God" for willful/intentional sins done unrepentantly or ignorantly. (HEBREWS.10:31) .......

http://neur2201.unsw.wikispaces.net/Amnesia

The herpes simplex virus normally only causes genital and oral herpes = an STD or one of the curses/judgment for sexual immorality.

I see.....well thanks Discipler.....this is sad to hear and makes me worry for John 1.  There is so much wresting of the uncomplicated truth of scripture these days........John needs to really test carefully the spirits he is hearing from, and perhaps all the more so if there is a history of mental illness.

And just in case any are being tempted to throw Paul out the window (as some are nowadays!) it might help them to really meditate good and long on PETER'S witness about Paul and his letters:

2Peter 3:15-16

And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Thank the Lord He is leaps and bounds ahead of the devil, and inspired Peter to write this long before these days came to be.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, discipler777 said:

Sexual immorality is the breaking of God's essential/non-burdensome laws.

Philippians chapter 3 verse 9

and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

Galatians chapter 4

21 Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. 23 His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise.

24 These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. 25 Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. 27 For it is written:

“Be glad, barren woman,
    you who never bore a child;
shout for joy and cry aloud,
    you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
    than of her who has a husband.”[e]

28 Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. 30 But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.”[f] 31 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

• Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, john1 said:

Philippians chapter 3 verse 9

and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

Galatians chapter 4

21 Tell me, you who want to be under the law, are you not aware of what the law says? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons, one by the slave woman and the other by the free woman. 23 His son by the slave woman was born according to the flesh, but his son by the free woman was born as the result of a divine promise.

24 These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar. 25 Now Hagar stands for Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present city of Jerusalem, because she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother. 27 For it is written:

“Be glad, barren woman,
    you who never bore a child;
shout for joy and cry aloud,
    you who were never in labor;
because more are the children of the desolate woman
    than of her who has a husband.”[e]

28 Now you, brothers and sisters, like Isaac, are children of promise. 29 At that time the son born according to the flesh persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now. 30 But what does Scripture say? “Get rid of the slave woman and her son, for the slave woman’s son will never share in the inheritance with the free woman’s son.”[f] 31 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman, but of the free woman.

Yes...but also:

2Ti 2:19

Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Rom 5:20-21

The law was brought in so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,

so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.Rom 6:1-2

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?

By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?

1Co 5:11-13

But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister] but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?

God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

4 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Christ our Lord.Rom 6:1-2

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?

But you sin, how about those who are Christians who smoke, they don't resist every smoke they have, they can't.

Matthew chapter 21

32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.
Luke chapter 3

John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.”

10 “What should we do then?” the crowd asked.

11 John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89

Smokers can quit smoking, drunkards can lay down the bottle, etc .......all great things.They have nothing to do with Salvation.Get saved by believing the Gospel and God will change your appetites for these and countless other sins.Faith plus nothing.

28 minutes ago, john1 said:

But you sin, how about those who are Christians who smoke, they don't resist every smoke they have, they can't.

Matthew chapter 21

32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.
Luke chapter 3

John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.”

10 “What should we do then?” the crowd asked.

11 John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”

But brother......smoking in itself is not a sin...we can't compare smoking to homosexual acts or adultery.  And in that same passage John also told publicans and soldiers to stop sinning, in keeping with repentance:

Luk 3:12-14

Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do?

And he said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you.

And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

• Thumbs Up 2

59 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Luk 3:12-14

Then came also publicans to be baptized, and said unto him, Master, what shall we do?

And he said unto them, Exact no more than that which is appointed you.

And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.

That passage began with sharing, do you think God wants you to share and at the same time take advantage of someone.

Look at these verses.

Romans chapter 9 verses 30-Romans chapter 10 verse 4
What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone. As it is written: See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame. Brothers my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are Zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own they did not submit to God's righteousness, Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606

13 hours ago, Davida said:

Smoking not a sin?  usually hear this from people who smoke, lol.  That's like saying it's not an addiction it's a lifestyle choice,  nah I believe its yes to both.  Addictions are hard but it can be done, with GOD all things are possible. 

Like being uncircumcised, smoking is not the breaking of God's essential/non-burdensome laws, ie Gentile smokers can remain as Gentile Christian smokers. OTOH, they will likely end up with a lung disease on top of the heavy costs of their nicotine addiction.

Eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ trumps a better life on earth through the Law when the requirements of the Law become a burden for Gentile Christians.

P S - Yes, it's possible that substance-addiction can be healed by God/Jesus.

Edited by discipler777

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Applying Paul's advice to "slaves", which was everyone just about everyone who did some work in those days, considering that in the Roman Empire, " there were 60,ooo,ooo slaves.In Paul's day a kind of terrible and fatal idleness had fallen on the citizens of Rome.Rome was the mistress of the world, and therefore it was beneath the dignity of a  Roman citizen to work. Practically all work was done by slaves. Even doctors and teachers were slaves."(William Barclay.Letters to the Galations and Ephesians. p.212)See Eph 6:5-9

In today's terms I would think, that if you are paying off a bond or a car loan you would be a slave of the Bank. Paul didn't even tolerate sponges in the Church according to my interpretation of "...'If a man will not work,he shall not eat.'"(2 Thess3:10 N.I.V).Cruel to be kind of course!

• Thumbs Up 1