IGNORED

Am I wasting my time, I think everyone needs to study the bible more and be less concerned about work and money, you don't need to work full time to serve God, and you don't have to give a lot to charity or am I misunderstanding.

john1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, john1 said:

That passage began with sharing, do you think God wants you to share and at the same time take advantage of someone.

Look at these verses.

Romans chapter 9 verses 30-Romans chapter 10 verse 4
What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the stumbling stone. As it is written: See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame. Brothers my heart's desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved. For I can testify about them that they are Zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge. Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own they did not submit to God's righteousness, Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.

Just have another read of those passages again in context brother......John was all about preaching repentance and making our crooked paths straight......in this way he was preparing the way for Jesus to come into the hearts of the people.....preparing the people to receive Him.  And what is repentance, but a turning from our sinful ways to God's pure ways. 

So the overall point isn't about sharing as such.....it's about repenting (turning from) former selfish ways (sinful) to being generous and helping others......or whatever former sins each one had.....tax collectors formerly extorting more money than they were supposed to.....soldiers formerly being violent and corrupt....so each one was being taught to turn from their former sinful ways, whatever those sinful ways happened to have been for each one.  Likewise homosexuals just like any sinners, need to turn from their former sinful ways to prepare the way for Jesus to come in their heart and life.  Whatever sinful ways anyone has needs to be turned away from, and this prepares our vessel for the Spirit of Christ Jesus to dwell in us.    Otherwise we are giving place to the devil and evil spirits in our lives rather than Jesus.  Remember Jesus saying the devil has nothing in Him?  We also need to clean up our life and heart just the same, and turn from sin, and this is what John was helping the people to do.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

17 hours ago, john1 said:
17 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Christ our Lord.Rom 6:1-2

What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?

But you sin, how about those who are Christians who smoke, they don't resist every smoke they have, they can't.

Matthew chapter 21

32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.
Luke chapter 3

John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. And do not begin to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.”

10 “What should we do then?” the crowd asked.

11 John answered, “Anyone who has two shirts should share with the one who has none, and anyone who has food should do the same.”

What "coming wrath" was John the Baptist referring to.? I believe he was referring to the coming destruction of the Jewish nation and the Holy Temple of Jerusalem by the Roman Army in 70AD, as prophesied by Jesus Christ at LUKE.21:20 and MATTHEW.24:15-16.

What repentance was the Jews and Pharisees in need of.? I believe the repentance was related to the sins/evil-deeds/Law-breaking that had caused them to lose their Jewish kingdom/nation(founded in 1500BC by Moses) to foreign rulers beginning in 800BC, eg idolatry, sexual immorality, injustice, murders(of the prophets of God), etc.

Edited by discipler777
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88

Answer: Though today the word baptism generally evokes thoughts of identifying with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection, baptism did not begin with Christians. For years before Christ, the Jews had used baptism in ritual cleansing ceremonies of Gentile proselytes. John the Baptist took baptism and applied it to the Jews themselves—it wasn’t just the Gentiles who needed cleansing. Many believed John’s message and were baptized by him (Matthew 3:5–6). The baptisms John performed had a specific purpose.

In Matthew 3:11, John the Baptist mentions the purpose of his baptisms: “I baptize you with water for repentance.” Paul affirms this in Acts 19:4: “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” John’s baptism had to do with repentance—it was a symbolic representation of changing one’s mind and going a new direction. “Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River” (Matthew 3:6). Being baptized by John demonstrated a recognition of one’s sin, a desire for spiritual cleansing, and a commitment to follow God’s law in anticipation of the Messiah’s arrival.

There were some, like the Pharisees, who came to the Jordan to observe John’s ministry but who had no desire to step into the water themselves. John rebuked them sternly: “When he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: ‘You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Produce fruit in keeping with repentance’” (Matthew 3:7–8). Even the religious leaders needed to repent of their sin, although they saw no need of it.

Christian baptism today also symbolizes repentance, cleansing, and commitment, but Jesus has given it a different emphasis. Christian baptism is a mark of one’s identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. It is representative of a cleansing that is complete and a commitment that is the natural response of one who has been made new. Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross completely washes away our sins, and we are raised to new life empowered by the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 5:17–21Romans 6:1–11). With John’s baptism, a person repented of sin and was therefore ready to place his faith in Jesus Christ. John’s baptism foreshadowed what Jesus would accomplish, much as the Old Testament sacrificial system did.

John prepared the way for Christ by calling people to acknowledge their sin and their need for salvation. His baptism was a purification ceremony meant to ready the peoples’ hearts to receive their Savior.

We do not clean up our act and then invite the Savior in......we invite Him in and HE does the cleaning.We can change our outward appearance to please and fool others so that  it will look like we are living  “ the Christian Life”. God is not looking for Spiritual Imitation—- He is looking for Spiritual FRUITION— TRUE change, a TRANSFORMATION from the inside out.That is something only HE can do.Give God what He wants- TRUST, and He will begin the work that counts.HE will finish the work HE started.Repenting for Salvation to start this transformation of your heart , means to see that you are a sinner who needs a Saviour.When you see your utterly helpless wretchedness before a Holy God , Believe me, you’ll have a big- time desire for a Savior and your heart will be more than ready to receive the Gospel thAt will save you.1cor15:1-4. Believe Jesus died for your wretchedness and believe He rose from the grave after three days and you are a member of The Body of Christ.Untouchable. Saved forever .Its a Promise to you by the King of the Universe, who can not lie.Thank Him for His Grace and rest in the finished work of the Cross.God bless.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Just have another read of those passages again in context brother......John was all about preaching repentance and making our crooked paths straight......in this way he was preparing the way for Jesus to come into the hearts of the people.....preparing the people to receive Him.  And what is repentance, but a turning from our sinful ways to God's pure ways. 

So the overall point isn't about sharing as such.....it's about repenting (turning from) former selfish ways (sinful) to being generous and helping others......or whatever former sins each one had.....tax collectors formerly extorting more money than they were supposed to.....soldiers formerly being violent and corrupt....so each one was being taught to turn from their former sinful ways, whatever those sinful ways happened to have been for each one.  Likewise homosexuals just like any sinners, need to turn from their former sinful ways to prepare the way for Jesus to come in their heart and life.  Whatever sinful ways anyone has needs to be turned away from, and this prepares our vessel for the Spirit of Christ Jesus to dwell in us.    Otherwise we are giving place to the devil and evil spirits in our lives rather than Jesus.  Remember Jesus saying the devil has nothing in Him?  We also need to clean up our life and heart just the same, and turn from sin, and this is what John was helping the people to do.

Yes my loved sister .

Now compare what JOHN His message was about repentance to make ready the hearts for Christ .

For we have a dangerous dark spirit at work today .  OH it imitates the spirit of Elijah for it too preaches good works should be done

but instead of repentance it preaches ACCEPTANCE ,  all inclusive unity to prepare the people for the coming man of SIN .

And this spirit and spirits are all over mainstream churches .  OH DEAR its all over them and grows only worse .

LET all who name the name of JESUS purge himself from these and depart from inquity , touch not the unclean thing .  partake not of her sins ,

lest ye receive the plagues GOD will give her on HIS DAY .   The end is drawing closer and as it does , inquity has shot full bloom in the world and worse in churches too .

And on this path that the world , churches , secular and other relgions are on , in this unity they will find themselves in all out worhip of the beast who is to rise .

FLEE YE INTO THE WILDERNESS my brethren of the LORD , for we have a tabernacle not built of men , BUT OF THE TRUE and OUR LORD at the right Hand

of the Father does make intercession for us and is able to succor us through any temptation , that we overcome it IN and BY the POWER of OUR LORD .

COME YE OUT from among the men whose tongues are as serpents and words are as the gall of bitterness and posion of asps . Who lie in deceit and are

ever ready to pounce on any that is caught in the web they have spun .   COME YE OUT from among them , BE YE HOLY and wait upon the LORD .

For our betrayal draws ever nigh .    Let no man , woman or child remain in the tabernacles of death , sin and perdtion who gather now under the main tabernacle

who has a whores forehead .   FLEE now , before it is too late my friends , for her web is catching many unwares , the double minded and unstable she is catching .

And be prepared in and BY CHRIST .  FOR A  Death scourge will come full force against the true remnant , the true lambs who sat UNDER CHRIST and not contrary men .   BUT FEAR not what is coming .   Though many briars and thorns shall come against the lambs and though the head of all evil

they will do his bidding and many of us shall be killed .   And though those of the green TREE, CHRIST ,  shall suffer serious persecution and death .

IF this is allowed to come against us , And judgment begins at the House of GOD ,    then what do we suppose will happen to the dry tree and those of it

WHEN ONCE THE LORD ARISES as a man out of sleep , whose judgment those of the dry tree have made void and said would never come against them .

OH but it will,   and I dare say ,   No man woman , child ,  no nothing wants to be in the shoes of those who trod JESUS under foot for world peace and unity.

They shall wish for death and it will even flee them .    FOR GOD will not be mocked  .   AND THE SON HE DID SEND

will not be mocked for world peace and unity ,   AND by all who did so ,   PREPARE TO MEET THY GOD and on that day YOUR IDOLS WILL NOT SAVE YOU.

FOR YE have DENEIED THE ONLY ONE WHO COULD have saved you and for what ............UNITIIY and world peace , sang by men who can save none

no not even themselves .    

Edited by frienduff thaylorde
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  686

5 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

And what is repentance, but a turning from our sinful ways to God's pure ways. 

Then why do you still sin?

Romans chapter 3 verse 20

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  686

4 hours ago, discipler777 said:

What "coming wrath" was John the Baptist referring to.?

Gays sin, I sin, you sin everyone sins, not everyone loves.

Matthew chapter 25 verses 31-46
When the Son of Man comes" in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. he will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left. Then the King will say to those on his right, Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me. then the righteous will answer him, Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and got visit you? The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Then he will say to those on his left, Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.They also will answer, Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you? He will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88

The Legalistic approach to  Salvation requires perfection , so why quibble with smoking, etc. For those like me that can’t meet Gods standard there is another Way—- Grace.  Believe the Gospel and God will cover you with His Grace and “ remember your sins no more”

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

We can either sit under men gone wrong and accept sin ,   Or we can cling to and BELEIVE JESUS and HE gives us power and victory over sin   .  A way out of every temptation .

IT IS available and HIS NAME IS JESUS 

we can either sit and believe those who wont cease from sin and sit under an idea that we are powerless against the evils of our flesh ,

AND DIE

OR we can choose to learn JESUS , learn the doctrines well,  TRUST and BELEIVE IN HIM and IN HIM we can be overcomers of all evil .

Either we know this or we don't .  Either we have HIS SPIRIT or we don't . 

All I hear is the LOVE lubby dubby song getting song .    And its all headed right into that false arena .    Folks wanna give up in their sin , and listen to men gone wrong

then they will perish .   For who , where is their trust .   JESUS is able to succor us THROUGH any temptation .   But if we don't believe this ,   THEN our faith IS NOT IN HIM

its in men gone wrong who have sold a lie .   

Its also why we have HIS pattern for correction if any does err .  

Yall,    you all see what JOHN wrote ,  well soon enough most will believe that line and they will just gather will all under a false love .

ME ,   I HAD RATHER BE DEAD , KILLED DEAD than to believe in a false love and not know the POWER of Christ .

I warned some others exactly where these mindsets are and will lead .    AND I see already some going under it .

PS , a hint ,   an unrepentant sinner , DOES NOT KNOW LOVE .  LOVE IS NOT about hugs and getting along .   ITS about doing all to pull any out of error of sin

Its all about correction , because we who know Christ , know full well the end of sin is death .  And those in willfull sin are in grave danger , lest they repent .

SO lets heed paul and not these false men of belial who have sold the churches a false evangelism ,  a false unity , a false love , a false liberty , a false freedom .

Cause paul is right .  WE servants to whom we obey ,  WHETHER OF SIN Unto death or of obedience unto righteousness.

THUS he is right ,  LET ALL WHO NAME the NAME of CHRIST depart from inquity .    YES as he also said ,  Let not those things be even once named among you as becometh saints .

And lets point to Christ as paul did and say   , those who are Christs have crucified the affections and lusts of the flesh .

FOR JESUS truly has entered into the tabernacle .  And HE really did suffer in all points , AND HE REALLY CAN succor us through any temptation or trial . 

Either we believe this or we don't .    ME ,  I BELIVE IT .  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606

On 12/29/2018 at 3:24 AM, john1 said:

Gays sin, I sin, you sin everyone sins, not everyone loves.

NO.! Not everyone of the Gentile Christian faith willfully sins like the unrepentant gays, fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, homosexuals, sodomites, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, extortioners, murderers, sorcerers, heretics, revellers and unbelievers. These are unrepentant willful sinners against the essential/non-burdensome laws of God who will not inherit the kingdom of God.(1COR.6:9-10, GAL.5:19-21, REV.22:14-15).

We are not talking about the uncircumciseds, eaters of non-kosher foods, wearers of mixed linen, smokers, sober alcoholics and drug-addicts who are sinners against the non-essential/burdensome laws of God, of which Gentile Christians have been liberated from, as per ACTS.15:19-29.

We are also not talking about our inherited Adam's Original Sin which resulted in everyone having involuntary sins or evil-thoughts in his/her heart and being bound for hell or spiritual death.(ROMANS.5:12)

IN ESSENTIALS UNITY, IN NON-ESSENTIALS LIBERTY, IN ALL THINGS JESUS CHRIST.

Edited by discipler777

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,772
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Listen, I really don't feel like this needs to be hashed out any more.

First, we should be striving to live a holy and righteous life!

Second, we should be striving to enter into that place of REST whereby we know we have eternal life and you ENTER into God's REST!

Third, we are completely SAVED by GRACE -- NOT OF WORKS!

Fourth, If we are TRULY SAVED, then we should be living a life toward SANCTIFICATION and HOLINESS!

So let's agree on these points and stop chasing each other around the forums with your other points! 

• Thumbs Up 1