IGNORED

Am I wasting my time, I think everyone needs to study the bible more and be less concerned about work and money, you don't need to work full time to serve God, and you don't have to give a lot to charity or am I misunderstanding.

john1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, john1 said:

Matthew chapter 25 verses 31-46

The above Scripture is talking about the necessity for Christians to financially and morally support God's churches, pastors/priests, missionaries, evangelists, etc, ie "35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’'.(NKJV)

The key verse is "‘Assuredly, I say to you, in as much as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’" , which refers to His apostles and disciples.

It would be foolish of Christians to do this to every Tom, Dik and Harry out there, eg unrepentant incorrigible hungry and homeless drug-addicts or unrepentant murderers on Death Row in prison.

Scripture needs to be rightly divided.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.37
  • Days Won:  5

16 hours ago, john1 said:

Then why do you still sin?

Romans chapter 3 verse 20

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in God's sight by the works of the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of our sin.

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.

How can any believer in Christ argue against repentance, bro.....it's all over the bible and foundational to the gospel itself.

Heb 6:1

Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God

Act 17:30-31

“Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent,

because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

Now you asked why I or anyone still sins.  When I came to faith in Christ my life changed.  I no longer walked in my former way of life, a life of sin.....in my case that was chiefly fornication and lying whenever it was convenient, also swearing, and addiction to nicotine.   When I was born again I stopped doing those things, I turned away from them.   Does that mean I never commit a sin of any kind?  No....because I have faults and shortcomings....after laying the foundation of repentance from sin, I am now going on to perfection as the scripture says....the Lord is dealing with my other lesser issues one by one.  Like where it says in Song of Solomon to catch the little foxes that ruin the vineyard.  I've got on the wedding garment having repented and received Jesus, but now am ironing out the wrinkles that remain in it, so to speak.

In 1 John 3 where he writes about no one abiding in the Lord can sin.....it's because if we sin we are not abiding in the Lord at that moment...not walking in the Spirit.  We have stumbled at that point.  And whoever is born of God doth not commit sin...I'm not a scholar by any means but I understand that in the Greek this is in the present continuous active tense...meaning who is born of God no longer continuously actively lives a life of sin.  So it is possible for a born again believer to stumble in different ways now and then....and if they do they will feel convicted by the Holy Spirit and need to.......repent.....in order to be restored to fellowship with the Lord:

1Jo 1:9

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

and

1Co 11:31-32

For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

We must understand this brother......Love does not contradict or nullify the need to turn from one's sins....how can it?  Is it love to go on stealing from others?  Is it love to cheat on one's spouse?  Is it love to commit violence against others?  Is it love to abuse oneself with drugs and alcohol and nicotine?  Is it love to lie to people?  Is it love to blow your top and say nasty things to someone?  Is it love for a homosexual to abuse a man's body?  Is it love to go on being selfish and withhold sharing of your worldly goods with someone in need?  Does the love of Christ want any to perish in their sins and face the judgment?  ETC.  So why would anyone think that love and turning from sin are opposed to one another?

• Brilliant! 1

21 hours ago, discipler777 said:

What "coming wrath" was John the Baptist referring to.? I believe he was referring to the coming destruction of the Jewish nation and the Holy Temple of Jerusalem by the Roman Army in 70AD, as prophesied by Jesus Christ at LUKE.21:20 and MATTHEW.24:15-16.

What repentance was the Jews and Pharisees in need of.? I believe the repentance was related to the sins/evil-deeds/Law-breaking that had caused them to lose their Jewish kingdom/nation(founded in 1500BC by Moses) to foreign rulers beginning in 800BC, eg idolatry, sexual immorality, injustice, murders(of the prophets of God), etc.

I think you are right on brother....as a nation they needed to repent of those national sins and receive the Messiah in order to avoid the 70 AD destruction and diaspora.

But also as individuals each one needed to repent in order to avoid facing the wrath of God and lake of fire in the end.  God said that though the Israelites be as numerous as the sands of the sea, only a remnant would be saved....that is the sad and tragic truth that has echoed down through the ages.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The Legalistic approach to  Salvation requires perfection , so why quibble with smoking, etc. For those like me that can’t meet Gods standard there is another Way—- Grace.  Believe the Gospel and God will cover you with His Grace and “ remember your sins no more”

Do you not know that when we are born again we are translated from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light?  Our life is changed and we realize that we are no longer walking in our old ways of sin.  Faith to believe is a gift....and likewise repentance is a gift not of ourselves as well.  God gives it to those who are willing.......and doesn't give it to those who harden their hearts and reject Jesus and His message.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

21 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Answer: Though today the word baptism generally evokes thoughts of identifying with Christ’s death, burial, and resurrection, baptism did not begin with Christians. For years before Christ, the Jews had used baptism in ritual cleansing ceremonies of Gentile proselytes. John the Baptist took baptism and applied it to the Jews themselves—it wasn’t just the Gentiles who needed cleansing. Many believed John’s message and were baptized by him (Matthew 3:5–6). The baptisms John performed had a specific purpose.

In Matthew 3:11, John the Baptist mentions the purpose of his baptisms: “I baptize you with water for repentance.” Paul affirms this in Acts 19:4: “John’s baptism was a baptism of repentance. He told the people to believe in the one coming after him, that is, in Jesus.” John’s baptism had to do with repentance—it was a symbolic representation of changing one’s mind and going a new direction. “Confessing their sins, they were baptized by him in the Jordan River” (Matthew 3:6). Being baptized by John demonstrated a recognition of one’s sin, a desire for spiritual cleansing, and a commitment to follow God’s law in anticipation of the Messiah’s arrival.

There were some, like the Pharisees, who came to the Jordan to observe John’s ministry but who had no desire to step into the water themselves. John rebuked them sternly: “When he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: ‘You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Produce fruit in keeping with repentance’” (Matthew 3:7–8). Even the religious leaders needed to repent of their sin, although they saw no need of it.

Christian baptism today also symbolizes repentance, cleansing, and commitment, but Jesus has given it a different emphasis. Christian baptism is a mark of one’s identification with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. It is representative of a cleansing that is complete and a commitment that is the natural response of one who has been made new. Jesus’ sacrifice on the cross completely washes away our sins, and we are raised to new life empowered by the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 5:17–21Romans 6:1–11). With John’s baptism, a person repented of sin and was therefore ready to place his faith in Jesus Christ. John’s baptism foreshadowed what Jesus would accomplish, much as the Old Testament sacrificial system did.

John prepared the way for Christ by calling people to acknowledge their sin and their need for salvation. His baptism was a purification ceremony meant to ready the peoples’ hearts to receive their Savior.

We do not clean up our act and then invite the Savior in......we invite Him in and HE does the cleaning.We can change our outward appearance to please and fool others so that  it will look like we are living  “ the Christian Life”. God is not looking for Spiritual Imitation—- He is looking for Spiritual FRUITION— TRUE change, a TRANSFORMATION from the inside out.That is something only HE can do.Give God what He wants- TRUST, and He will begin the work that counts.HE will finish the work HE started.Repenting for Salvation to start this transformation of your heart , means to see that you are a sinner who needs a Saviour.When you see your utterly helpless wretchedness before a Holy God , Believe me, you’ll have a big- time desire for a Savior and your heart will be more than ready to receive the Gospel thAt will save you.1cor15:1-4. Believe Jesus died for your wretchedness and believe He rose from the grave after three days and you are a member of The Body of Christ.Untouchable. Saved forever .Its a Promise to you by the King of the Universe, who can not lie.Thank Him for His Grace and rest in the finished work of the Cross.God bless.

It goes hand in hand together.  The call to repentance must go out.....so that people can be awakened to their need.....and receive it as a gift through faith in Jesus.

• This is Worthy 1

12 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

We can either sit under men gone wrong and accept sin ,   Or we can cling to and BELEIVE JESUS and HE gives us power and victory over sin   .  A way out of every temptation .

IT IS available and HIS NAME IS JESUS 

we can either sit and believe those who wont cease from sin and sit under an idea that we are powerless against the evils of our flesh ,

AND DIE

OR we can choose to learn JESUS , learn the doctrines well,  TRUST and BELEIVE IN HIM and IN HIM we can be overcomers of all evil .

Either we know this or we don't .  Either we have HIS SPIRIT or we don't . 

All I hear is the LOVE lubby dubby song getting song .    And its all headed right into that false arena .    Folks wanna give up in their sin , and listen to men gone wrong

then they will perish .   For who , where is their trust .   JESUS is able to succor us THROUGH any temptation .   But if we don't believe this ,   THEN our faith IS NOT IN HIM

its in men gone wrong who have sold a lie .   

Its also why we have HIS pattern for correction if any does err .  

Yall,    you all see what JOHN wrote ,  well soon enough most will believe that line and they will just gather will all under a false love .

ME ,   I HAD RATHER BE DEAD , KILLED DEAD than to believe in a false love and not know the POWER of Christ .

I warned some others exactly where these mindsets are and will lead .    AND I see already some going under it .

PS , a hint ,   an unrepentant sinner , DOES NOT KNOW LOVE .  LOVE IS NOT about hugs and getting along .   ITS about doing all to pull any out of error of sin

Its all about correction , because we who know Christ , know full well the end of sin is death .  And those in willfull sin are in grave danger , lest they repent .

SO lets heed paul and not these false men of belial who have sold the churches a false evangelism ,  a false unity , a false love , a false liberty , a false freedom .

Cause paul is right .  WE servants to whom we obey ,  WHETHER OF SIN Unto death or of obedience unto righteousness.

THUS he is right ,  LET ALL WHO NAME the NAME of CHRIST depart from inquity .    YES as he also said ,  Let not those things be even once named among you as becometh saints .

And lets point to Christ as paul did and say   , those who are Christs have crucified the affections and lusts of the flesh .

FOR JESUS truly has entered into the tabernacle .  And HE really did suffer in all points , AND HE REALLY CAN succor us through any temptation or trial . 

Either we believe this or we don't .    ME ,  I BELIVE IT .  

God's love is not like our humanistic man-centred ideas about love....His ways are higher than our ways.  We just need to believe what He says in His word....and if we need help to understand, then we can seek and ask Him for it because He will give it freely without upbraiding.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

7 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

God's love is not like our humanistic man-centred ideas about love....His ways are higher than our ways.  We just need to believe what He says in His word....and if we need help to understand, then we can seek and ask Him for it because He will give it freely without upbraiding.

Pope francis and many would disagree with you sister .   For to them it is dangerous to have that personal relationship with JESUS .

But we don't heed the chaff .      WE HEED JESUS ONLY .     You are loved sister .    You just leap up and praise the LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

14 hours ago, discipler777 said:

NO.! Not everyone of the Gentile Christian faith willfully sins like the unrepentant gays, fornicators, idolaters, adulterers, homosexuals, sodomites, thieves, covetous, drunkards, revilers, extortioners, murderers, sorcerers, heretics, revellers and unbelievers.

James chapter 4 verse 11

Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it.

So are you willfully sinning here, or is it you haven't read the bible enough?

Like I said when I had read the bible 30 or 40 times I condemned gays to, now I've read it over 200 times how about you?

9 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

Heb 6:1

Therefore, leaving the discussion of the elementary principles of Christ, let us go on to perfection, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God

Hebrews chapter 7 verses 11,12 If perfection could have been attained through the Levitical priesthood for on the basis of it the law was given to the people why was there still need for another priest to come one in the order of Melchizedek, not in the order of Aaron? For when there is a change of the priesthood, there must also be a change of the law.

1 John chapter 4 verse 18

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

14 hours ago, discipler777 said:

The above Scripture is talking about the necessity for Christians to financially and morally support God's churches, pastors/priests, missionaries, evangelists, etc, ie "35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’'.(NKJV)

The key verse is "‘Assuredly, I say to you, in as much as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’" , which refers to His apostles and disciples.

It would be foolish of Christians to do this to every Tom, Dik and Harry out there, eg unrepentant incorrigible hungry and homeless drug-addicts or unrepentant murderers on Death Row in prison.

Scripture needs to be rightly divided.

Matthew chapter 5 verse 42

Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.