IGNORED

Am I wasting my time, I think everyone needs to study the bible more and be less concerned about work and money, you don't need to work full time to serve God, and you don't have to give a lot to charity or am I misunderstanding.

john1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.36
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, john1 said:

Matthew chapter 5 verse 42

Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

Even sinners can do good to sinners .   If we simply love man yet not righteousness,  we still lost in darkness.    Its nothing more than a false sensual love

that to be honest lots of churches seem to be going under this last spell that is and will lead all right to the beast . 

Know that I mean .    I mean it seems like all I hear is love love love from lots , yet they still walking in willfull sin .  THEY don't KNOW CHRIST .

For if they have not charity love they don't know him .  And charity rejoices ONLY IN TRUTH .  not sin and hugs .

Let every man , woman at worthy ,  start over fresh on our bibles .   Let the pure truth of those holy scrips scrub all minds that contrary men may have instructed .

Let the first love , the first faith , be surged into all hearts .   For many men have twisted things .  But I tell us and remind us all, what man has made crooked

GOD will make straight .  What man has made cloudy , GOD will make plain again .   

I am pleading with us all ,   begin afresh , read the bible more than you ever have .  Love and embrace every word , which is only for our own good .

I do want to mention something .    Sister IN HIM ,  YOU ARE dearly loved sister .  The love you have for the LORD , is a love that only encourages and rejoices the heart .

Because I have noticed something .   WHEN folks LOVE GOD ,  it don't matter how grave truth is said , or if its a warning , or an encouragement .  IT JUST REJOICES THE HEART

and those who love the LORD ,  embrace truth and have no desire to resist it , FOR THE LORD has truly given them the desires THAT PLEASE HIM on their hearts .

YES ,  its high time the all out focus be put back where it belongs . ON THE ONE who has saved us and can keep us from falling .

Thus let none offend HIM in word or in deed ,  but just live by the power of His grace , which works inthose who are HIS , the things pleasing in HIS SIGHT .

AND SIN AINT .    GOD would never call us to love people to their own death .   AND leaving folks in sin and saying all is well ,  its murder and it sure aint love .

• Thumbs Up 1

Blessings, friend of God,

I recently got an audio bible like turtletwo.

I started out with Proverbs and was surprised by how many times the word 'righteous', and righteousness was mentioned.

As I shared with her...hearing the Word through the ear-gate is so different than it entering the eye-gate

...even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, Eph 5:25-26

The word "washing" (Greek, loutron) is used only twice in the New Testament. There is the "washing of regeneration," and "the washing of water by the word".

1 hour ago, In Him said:

I started out with Proverbs and was surprised by how many times the word 'righteous', and righteousness was mentioned.

As I shared with her...hearing the Word through the ear-gate is so different than it entering the eye-gate

...even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, Eph 5:25-26

The word "washing" (Greek, loutron) is used only twice in the New Testament. There is the "washing of regeneration," and "the washing of water by the word".

Yes , I love our dear sister turtle too .    I think she is resting at the moment .   But we LOOOOOOOVE our sister turtle two .   And let all that LOVE THE LORD In SPIRIT and TRUTH

REJIOCE and SING PRAISES UNTO OUR LORD .   You are loved sister .   

1 hour ago, In Him said:

That is wonderful sister .   I got an all out unction to remind us all of something .  I want us all to start spending even more time reading and or listening to the bible .

it will give us good ammo , specially in the days ahead .   Just listen to it often sister .   In fact we can even have lil bible studies too .  And just bask in the truth

that the SPIRIT inspired in those true men who wrote those letters , and in the gosples and all the holy scrips .

We are going to need a well fed diet of that bible .  Oh let us feast on it .    For how it surely feeds and instructs us ,  that we be thoroughly furnished unto all good works .

And in the days ahead we must know and understand , that deception will only get worse and only abound .  BUT let us who HAVE all our hope and affections set on Christ above

Only rejoice in the LORD and read more , pray more , and encourage and warn more .    You loved dear sister .   

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/30/2018 at 5:42 AM, john1 said:
On 12/29/2018 at 3:26 PM, discipler777 said:

The above Scripture is talking about the necessity for Christians to financially and morally support God's churches, pastors/priests, missionaries, evangelists, etc, ie "35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’'.(NKJV)

The key verse is "‘Assuredly, I say to you, in as much as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’" , which refers to His apostles and disciples.

It would be foolish of Christians to do this to every Tom, Dik and Harry out there, eg unrepentant incorrigible hungry and homeless drug-addicts or unrepentant murderers on Death Row in prison.

Scripture needs to be rightly divided.

Matthew chapter 5 verse 42

Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

At the time of MATTHEW.5:17-48, the Jews and Pharisees believed that they were going to be saved from hell by just keeping Moses Law or God's Law, eg did not commit murder, adultery, stealing, blasphemy, etc, - something which could be done by the Jews or even Muslims.(MATTHEW.19:16-22) Jesus Christ told His Jewish apostles/disciples that this was no longer true because they still had involuntary sinful/evil lust or anger or hate or greed or selfishness in their hearts. Jesus Christ told them that if the Jews and Pharisees wanted to be saved from hell without believing in Him as the Messiah/Christ, then they would have to pluck out their eyes and cut off their limbs, turn the other cheek, walk the extra mile, lend to all who ask, love their enemies(cf ROMANS.12:19-21) or do other foolish and irrational "laws" or works/deeds.

For Christ-believers, they do not have to follow or do such foolish and irrational "laws" or works/deeds, in order to be saved from hell, ie they are saved by faith in Jesus Christ alone, and not by the good works of the Law.

Scripture needs to be rightly divided.

If you give/lend to all who ask or turn the other cheek or love your enemies, you also need to pluck out your eyes and cut off your limbs. .......

MATTHEW.5:29-30 (NKJV) =  29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Edited by discipler777

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  686

20 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Know that I mean .    I mean it seems like all I hear is love love love from lots , yet they still walking in willfull sin .  THEY don't KNOW CHRIST .

Matthew chapter 9 verse 13

But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Jesus was a sacrifice for the sins of the world.

1 John chapter 2 verse 2

He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

And we both know we both sin, so if someone who sins, preaches against sin, yet sins, are they a wise man or a fool.

13 hours ago, discipler777 said:

lend to all who ask

You still have to help people, besides the church.

1 Peter chapter 4 verse 8

Love covers a great many sins.

If you love those who love you what credit is that to you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  463
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 12/18/2018 at 9:04 PM, john1 said:

Numbers chapter 14 verse 30 

Not one of you will enter the land I swore with uplifted hand to make your home, except Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun.

Judges chapter 2 verse 7 
The people served the LORD throughout the lifetime of Joshua and of the elders who outlived him and who had seen all the great things the LORD had done for Israel.

Acts chapter 1 verse 15
In those days Peter stood up among the believers (a group numbering about a hundred and twenty)

Acts chapter 4 verse 34 
that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales

Philippians chapter 4 verse 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

We are told to be doers of the word of God and not hearers only., and be blessed in our doing.

God told Joshua to meditate the word day and night so that he may observe what is written and thereby be successful. So success is a result of doing God's word.

Whatever we do we are to do it unto the Lord. Our Christ-life should not be separate from our work-a-day life.

We are to "in all our ways acknowledge Him".

Or did I misunderstand what you were saying?

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Joulre2abba said:

God told Joshua to meditate the word day and night so that he may observe what is written and thereby be successful

Joshua chapter 1 verse 8

Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

But most people read very little, and misunderstand the law, and what it was for, they use it to judge others, but not themselves, if they used it to judge themselves only, I wouldn't have posted this.